IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only mystery to me is say Hughton deal falls apart then who is third choice?

For those banging on about Robins and Cook still I've heard neither of those are likely. 

Sooo...

Ryan Lowe? Not mine. Just speculating.

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

For those banging on about Robins and Cook still I've heard neither of those are likely. 

Sooo...

Would hope Alex Neil, could have easily said to Gregor he wasn't interested and would have been the easiest thing had he no interest 

23 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Robbie Fowler giving his players a 'marginal gain'

Cocaine_732x549-thumbnail.jpg

Brings a whole new meaning when RF instructs his wide players to " hug the line", defenders to "hold the line" and a striker to "lead the line".

44 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That's the second time that's been posted today, it's from 2 days ago.

The Sun has never let facts or the truth get in the way of a headline..........so it's a source i would never trust.  Even though it's nailed on that CH has the job.

2 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Just saw a tweet saying that Gerrard says he hasn’t even spoken to City so who knows if Hughton is even in the frame 

"He" hasn't spoken to City, no doubt. Has his agent spoken to City is an entirely different question. Even if he had spoken to City representatives, he's hardly going to admit it. 

I know Hughton is "in the frame". He is the frame atm!

12 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Would hope Alex Neil, could have easily said to Gregor he wasn't interested and would have been the easiest thing had he no interest 

Not at all...he answered that it was a silly question because it WAS a silly question! If he was interested he wouldn't come out and tell a local hack, so the question probably pissed him off enough to decide it didn't deserve an actual answer.

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Soft spot for the terracotta, seeing as every holiday was spent in grandparents caravans in Weymouth.  They got close to winning the conference in the 80s.  All went downhill when they sold their ground.

Yes, the old ground “The Rec” was a special ground, it always had a good feel about it. The new one, although being bigger, just feels too open.

Anyway, they beat Dorking 3-2, now they play at home to Dartford next Saturday, for a place in the National League, and back to back promotions. 

7 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Just saw a tweet saying that Gerrard says he hasn’t even spoken to City so who knows if Hughton is even in the frame 

If so, makes Bristol Live look very silly... again. 
Can’t believe anything I read in that rag, I’d believe Talksport over the local paper all day long, social media doesn’t help with it either, it’s just whispers being multiplied by gullible people half the time.

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You know what, I had his name typed out in that post but removed it. But yeah, he'd be my guess. 

Big risk, but he is highly rated. Kinda like McInnes, he'd either sink or swim. 

For City to deliberate over CH (someone with a track-record at this level) for so long, suggests to me that City aren’t sure/happy with something as otherwise, he’d have been confirmed by now!

Perhaps it’s down to terms? His salary/request to bring his own back room staff/transfer budget??

Or perhaps, they are waiting on someone else?

Thoughts @Kid in the Riot

30 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sooo...

I’d take Big Mick - cracking track record - particularly when he was under lots of different kinds of pressures at Wolves and Ipswich ... and he’s won this division twice 

5 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

If so, makes Bristol Live look very silly... again. 
Can’t believe anything I read in that rag, I’d believe Talksport over the local paper all day long, social media doesn’t help with it either, it’s just whispers being multiplied by gullible people half the time.

I think it's pretty gullible to think Gerrard would say anything else other than that he hasn't heard from us to quell speculation... Even if there had indeed been informal talks with his agent and City, which I strongly believe there were.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’d take Big Mick - cracking track record - particularly when he was under lots of different kinds of pressures at Wolves and Ipswich ... and he’s won this division twice 

I wouldn't be unhappy if he was appointed, however I don't think he was on the shortlist. 

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"He" hasn't spoken to City, no doubt. Has his agent spoken to City is an entirely different question. Even if he had spoken to City representatives, he's hardly going to admit it. 

I know Hughton is "in the frame". He is the frame atm!

The deal between CH and City doesn’t appear to be as close as some media outlets are making out. 

The only whisper I’ve heard (and I’m not ITK btw!) is that Lowe was the front runner.

This was a week or so ago though.

25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You know what, I had his name typed out in that post but removed it. But yeah, he'd be my guess. 

Big risk, but he is highly rated. Kinda like McInnes, he'd either sink or swim. 

Yep, Lowe is building a pretty impressive CV already - but surely we need a guy who is experienced and successful at this level? If not, I despair, ever since the Coppell debacle we’ve seemed to shy away from strong, proven types ...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, Lowe is building a pretty impressive CV already - but surely we need a guy who is experienced and successful at this level? If not, I despair, ever since the Coppell debacle we’ve seemed to shy away from strong, proven types ...

Like cotts?

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Like cotts?

He was Dawe's pick though, and he isn't involved any more since his illness. 

SL wants a manager he can be close to, which is part of the reason SOD was a disaster waiting to happen because SOD wasn't interested in speaking to him before and after every game, or going for dinner with him. Plus he delivered some inconvenient home truths about the way the club was run. In fairness, we acted on some of them and are better for it. 

Archived