IGNORED

Mark Ashton speaks

CodeRed

Mark Ashton speaks to the fans

Following the departure of Head Coach Lee Johnson I felt it important to communicate with our supporters and let them understand the direction of travel that the club is taking as we continue to make progress towards our mission goal of bringing Premier League football to Ashton Gate.

Let me begin by paying tribute to the hard work Lee has put in on behalf of this football club, I have worked successfully at the top level of the football industry and it is never pleasant when a colleague has to move on but the football club must move forward, and I felt that this football club had stopped progressing under Lee, and if you don’t progress you go backwards, and I will never allow this football club to move backwards. 

The most important aspect of my role as CEO is managing emotion. Emotion of the staff, fans, manager, board and owner while trying to steer a very steady ship through these difficult waters, Our owner Steve Lansdown was very saddened when I informed him that Lee’s time as Head Coach was at an end and, frankly, it’s never pleasant to hear a grown man crying and begging for you to change your mind but the change had to be made for the benefit of this football club.

I worked very closely with Lee on recruitment and he had the benefit of my extensive network of contacts and the world class scouting database that I introduced. By virtue of my relationships in the Premier League and throughout Europe I was able to support Lee by obtaining the loans of Tammy Abraham and Afobe and the contracted signings of  Webster, Nagy, Diedhiou, Massengo,Kalas and DaSilva.  Lee made a telling contribution himself as he identified and signed the likes of Marionovic, Watkins, Adam Matthews, Hegelar, Engvall,and the loan signings Ryan Kent and Lois Diony. So you can see we have built the squad together.

Finally as we continue to progress I assure supporters that I am leaving no stone ,rock, or pebble unturned in my search for the next Head Coach and I continue to fish in ponds, rivers, and lakes to ensure the next Head Coach has the right credentials to build on the progress I have made in developing the stadium, training ground and infrastructure, and lead this football to the Premier League where I truly believe I belong.

Am I right in saying that two days on we still haven't heard a single comment from Steve or Jon Lansdown, players have been kept mute and all we've had from Ashton is two token template paragraphs?

Following on from the pre-match no-shows, this whole thing is really weird.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Am I right in saying that two days on we still haven't heard a single comment from Steve or Jon Lansdown, players have been kept mute and all we've had from Ashton is two token template paragraphs?

Following on from the pre-match no-shows, this whole thing is really weird.

I don’t like that statement for two reasons:

1). SL cried when told Lee was sacked this clearly was not discussed at board level and Ashton made a decision, and reads like without consultation 

2). All the signings made by Ashton or the ones who didn’t work out made by Lee 

1 minute ago, daored said:

1). SL cried when told Lee was sacked this clearly was not discussed at board level and Ashton made a decision, and reads like without consultation 

You wooshing the woosh? 

If True...

That statement is outrageous. Far too many 'I' comments for my like when it is 'our' club and we are fans. No one man is more important than this club. My estimation of Mark Ashton has gone down massively with this awful piece of self-PR.

To reveal that LJ cried and pleaded to retain his job is disgraceful. Things like that should be kept in private.

Secondly - this man clearly believes in himself. It is borderline narcissistic in its nature.

The way he outlines how HE has built the talent from HIS contacts, could not make it any more clear that there was no unity. The fact that LJ's list of players compared to MA's list is quite telling.

Though what he outlines in this may be true - how you handle yourself, tends to speak volumes about who you are. For me, MA has shown himself to be what others have felt for quite some time. 

He may help US achieve success - but by gosh won't we all know about it when we do..... 

He really loves himself, doesn’t he and it’s I, I, and I right through that, so does he reslly make all the decisions at this club?

Talk about hanging LJ out to dry and claiming he was the cause of all our worst transfer lemons.

The worst bit is the part about a bloke crying and pleading for another chance.  If that did happen, that’s really sad and definitely shouldn’t have been shared to fans.

All I can say is what an arrogant, self important, insensitive ****

13 minutes ago, daored said:

I mean the real statement! 

Archived