IGNORED

A deafening silence?

mozo

Do we not think it's weird that the club has issued only a brief statement about the Johnson sacking, the players have been silent and the Lansdowns have kept quiet? 

Do we just sack, forget and move on or is more to come?

3 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I’m not sure what more the club can say as it’s only been 36 hours and I doubt anyone was about Sunday.

Well first of all they would have known that this was likely to happen so could have been prepared for the PR.

Second, in the age of Twitter it's pretty commonplace for an owner or chairman to tweet something respectful. 

Third, presume the players have been gagged (not in a perverted way).

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

Um Mark Ashton has made a statement ?

Well apart from that insightful elaboration, all we've had is this: 

"We recognise the huge amount of work that Lee has put in over the last four-and-a-half years to move this club forward and we thank him for all his efforts. There have been some special moments over those years and Lee has played a significant part in them.

“However, success in football is ultimately judged by results and league position and the Board believes that a change of management is needed now for Bristol City"

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

Well apart from that insightful elaboration, all we've had is this: 

"We recognise the huge amount of work that Lee has put in over the last four-and-a-half years to move this club forward and we thank him for all his efforts. There have been some special moments over those years and Lee has played a significant part in them.

“However, success in football is ultimately judged by results and league position and the Board believes that a change of management is needed now for Bristol City"

I don't know what else you need to know?

He didn't get the results, hasn't for a while so he was relieved of his duties with a thank you for his efforts.

I'm sure LJ has spoken to SL privately and that's that. He doesn't need a closing ceremony because he's lost his job.

Just now, RedRoss said:

I don't know what else you need to know?

He didn't get the results, hasn't for a while so he was relieved of his duties with a thank you for his efforts.

I'm sure LJ has spoken to SL privately and that's that. He doesn't need a closing ceremony because he's lost his job.

It's not so much what I need to know, more the lack of courtesy and acknowledgement on the whole. It's just a bit odd.

I dont see what else there is to say. They wont go into details or anything so im not expecting any statements until the new manager is announced. Im sure SL will comment in due course when he next gets interviewed, but that will be when the dust has settled

Just now, mozo said:

It's not so much what I need to know, more the lack of courtesy and acknowledgement on the whole. It's just a bit odd.

Sorry I just never get this. What does he deserve a 4 page spread outlining all the best moments he's had? What does that change. It's sad for anyone to lose their job but for me personally I'd prefer a more 1-2-1 discussion as apposed to a corporate website thank you. Due to the existing relationship between Lee and Steve that's all been done I'm sure.

Nothing to see here in my opinion.

I agree it is strange. Started with Vyner being put up for the presser pre-Cardiff. I wonder if LJ has already been sacked but they wanted to keep it under wraps until after the Cardiff game?

Will be interesting to see who’s put up for the presser on Tuesday. Holden should be fronting up and answering the difficult question as he’s caretaker. Although following Vyner getting exposure, maybe they’ll go with Freddie Hinds!

I am surprised by the players' silence. I assume they have not been asked to speak but don't really get what harm it would do to have a few players thanking LJ and wishing him well. I'm not one for conspiracies but it does make you wonder if the players doing that would have been very much in the minority...

Just now, SuperDziek said:

I agree it is strange. Started with Vyner being put up for the presser pre-Cardiff. I wonder if LJ has already been sacked but they wanted to keep it under wraps until after the Cardiff game?

Will be interesting to see who’s put up for the presser on Tuesday. Holden should be fronting up and answering the difficult question as he’s caretaker. Although following Vyner getting exposure, maybe they’ll go with Freddie Hinds!

I can't believe LJ had been sacked before the game but I can certainly believe he had been made aware he was out if we missed out on the play-offs, which was a virtual certainty even before the Cardiff game.

12 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

That doesn't make sense, they could have had Holden in charge for the game and we may have had the "bounce" 

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I am surprised by the players' silence. I assume they have not been asked to speak but don't really get what harm it would do to have a few players thanking LJ and wishing him well. I'm not one for conspiracies but it does make you wonder if the players doing that would have been very much in the minority...

Agree the silence from the players speaks volumes, reading between the lines I can only imagine that the club has been far from a happy workplace.

34 minutes ago, mozo said:

Well first of all they would have known that this was likely to happen so could have been prepared for the PR.

Second, in the age of Twitter it's pretty commonplace for an owner or chairman to tweet something respectful. 

Third, presume the players have been gagged (not in a perverted way).

Really don’t understand the problem. The club made a short statement thanking LJ for his efforts , what more do you want. As for the players , what can they say ? It pretty obvious many of them didn’t enjoy playing for him , so just keep quiet . 

There will probably be something ahead of Wednesday. Can’t imagine they’ll just ignore the news and Holden does the presser completely ignoring what’s happened. 

Although someone has posted the spoof MA interview, it wouldn’t surprise me if he actually did an interview. 

The media team are pretty shit when it comes to and the 'human' side of their job. Just look back at the season card/refund thing. Took a while and young Jon to come out with a less business statement.
This might be similar, but they could all have said their goodbyes face to face. Anything else is just for our benefit, and we don't really count. More interested in an early appointment to get going quickly.

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What do you want à Johnson sacking gif ?

I've have been looking, any chance ?

I think it's pretty standard after a big event that there's a period of silence whilst everyone lets the dust settle.  Any statement you get now would just be "we are working on this and will update in due course".  It's unusual for a dismissal to be followed by a swift appointment and there is no particular rush right now.  It may be that the club want to see who becomes available rather than just who is available immediately.  They may have prepared for this, but I think it's more likely they had all their eggs in the LJ basket so some time required probably.  Better to get it right than get it done quick.

The club made it clear in their statement on Sat that there would be no further comment on it as we prepare for Hull. I mean really what more is there to say at this stage? I'm sure one of MA/JL/SL will be speaking at some point about the search for the replacement.

Archived