IGNORED

A deafening silence?

mozo

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

What do you want à Johnson sacking gif ?

this is the nearest I could find. Crosses the Bristol football divide too. 
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson (Dwayne Sports/Lee Johnson). 

image.gif.ce532b53743bc2a23b8fa4a4f3a72be3.gif

11 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

But it is a bit odd that almost every player gets an article about their time here (see Bailey Wright for instance), whereas the man who managed us for 4.5 years doesn't?

Not sure he wont yet! In fact its a racing certainty that JL will say something. There will likely be a Short wrangle about contracts and gardening leave first.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Holden and O’Dowda on official pre-match press duty for the Hull game 

Clever choice. They know Holden says nothing and they know Callum can give the polite answer to anything.

2 hours ago, fatchers said:

Was'nt SL quoted at the start of the season that he expected a top 6 finish at least ?  If so then the defeat and the manner of it was the last straw.

I have reason to believe top 6 was certainly the goal. No top 6, massive pressure on LJ

If we'd gone down fighting at all times, had tangible and genuine reasons for belief that LJ would have improved next season, took the playoff race deep into the season then it may have been different.

As it is, the strong belief in the top 6 aim that I believe was internal at the club, combined with the capitulation since the restart. No reason to keep.

25 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

What more do you want to know? Did he cry? Did he beg them to reconsider? Time to move on

I just want things to be normal, whereas you prefer the weird version.

2 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

I am genuinely surprised by the lack of recognition from the players. I remember lots of them posted almost immediately after SoD got fired to thank him, and a few did them same to Cotts.

If none of them have said anything then they've been told not to, for now at least.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If none of them have said anything then they've been told not to, for now at least.

Well it leaves fans speculating that either the players have been gagged or they all disliked Johnson. 

4 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

I am genuinely surprised by the lack of recognition from the players.

Really?  I am not surprised at all.  He didn't trust too many of them.  I bet he has called out almost all his players in Post Match interviews at one time or another.  Some or most will be glad to see the back of him.

28 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

I am genuinely surprised by the lack of recognition from the players. I remember lots of them posted almost immediately after SoD got fired to thank him, and a few did them same to Cotts.

I was pretty sure the same was true with SC, where the messages started coming out a few days later. I may be wrong on that, just vague memory of it being so. 

21 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Really?  I am not surprised at all.  He didn't trust too many of them.  I bet he has called out almost all his players in Post Match interviews at one time or another.  Some or most will be glad to see the back of him.

The first one I checked was Korey Smith. I thought surely the captain, who LJ loves, would offer condolences.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I was pretty sure the same was true with SC, where the messages started coming out a few days later. I may be wrong on that, just vague memory of it being so. 

I think that's right. Whereas with SO'D it was instant and seemingly genuine upset that he'd gone, but no doubt didn't go down well with the powers that be.

Archived