IGNORED

New coach not likely to be announced before the end of the summer - The Post

Major Isewater

I think the sacking was made to get ahead of the competition.  Appointment might take a couple of weeks, but new manager is in situ for the start of the close season at worst....whereas other clubs will still be sorting out stuff.

7 minutes ago, eric04 said:

Speculate, speculate, speculate. More online clicks. 

7 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

Post desperate for clicks shocker. 

That’s the modern model.  I don’t get the surprise.

Do you think an old style newspaper, would allow an oik like me to write pieces in it, or as per my contribution today, get away with publishing a question to Gregor about what sandwiches he likes....to which he published a reply.

The world has moved on.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Do you think an old style newspaper, would allow an oik like me to write pieces in it, or as per my contribution today, get away with publishing a question to Gregor about what sandwiches he likes....to which he published a reply.

The world has moved on.

By "moved on" do you mean got a hell of a lot worse? ?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

The world has moved on.

Merely suggesting people shouldn’t read too much into “our sources say this” today. 

As an older fan, I appreciate this is no different to ringing Clubcall every day to get the gossip as I often did. But gossip is all it is most of the time. 

Could the players have contacted the board in greater numbers?

Apparently happened with Gary O'Neil during his first season with us amid the losing run didn't it? Difference then is that it was only 3 or four players rumoured wasn't it?

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The world has moved on.

I don't think anyone expressed any surprise. 

Is your piece available online or just in the print version? I would read it ?

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Doesn't make much sense to me, why get rid now?

Its poor form to actively look for a new manager if you already have one.  Doing the right thing was to let LJ go if it was your decision.  Now the club have the luxury of time.  I think it might be a mad scramble for the managerial merry go round at the close of this season.  This puts us out in front of that.

Bonus is we have Mark Ashton, and lets face it the bloke can deal. I would expect 2 or 3 to be selected already and now its about getting that deal over the line.

No hate against Gregor but that article reads like pure opinion on his part not informed in any way.

I think we will see a new manager in a couple weeks because we will only get a short preseason due to the delay of this season.

Gives the new manager assessment of what he's got and competitive games to kickstart next season.

Archived