IGNORED

Cook & Terry have chucked their names in the hat

RedRoss

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Probably lifted from this site. No way would a manager like Paul Cook openly come out for another job when he already has one. I smell bs.

I think so too but I would be happy to have Paul Cook on the interview shortlist. I'm not sure about Terry, principally because I have no idea how influential he has been at Villa, so his coaching/managerial credentials are unknown. I also suspect he wouldn't come cheap. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Terry would be on my list to be honest. 

Somewhere between Tony Pulis and Dean Saunders. 

Yeah, Terry's on a few lists I've got but none of them related to the City job!

36 minutes ago, Lez said:

Probably lifted from this site. No way would a manager like Paul Cook openly come out for another job when he already has one. I smell bs.

You’re probably right that the article is rubbish, but given the current state of affairs at Wigan I think there’s an extremely high chance he’ll already be after another job, but probably with the caveat that he joins at the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Midred said:

Think Terry would be great at coaching the defending of free kicks in the box.

" Right, everybody wave your arms about when they take the free kick, always worked for me!"

No matter what you think about John Terry as a person or a potential manager - as a premier league / international centre half he was absolutely brilliant, awesome, gave everything, body on the line every time, loved his club, loved his country ... 100% commitment on the field of play 100% of the time ...your post is a bit disrespectful, with all due respect ...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No matter what you think about John Terry as a person or a potential manager - as a premier league / international centre half he was absolutely brilliant, awesome, gave everything, body on the line every time, loved his club, loved his country ... 100% commitment on the field of play 100% of the time ...your post is a bit disrespectful, with all due respect ...

I didn't  disrespect the man, just some of his tactics which invariably the referee would let him get away with. I seem to recall once or twice that we could have been awarded a penalty against him.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

What kind of hat are we talking about here and who’s is it . Is it a magic hat that appears as soon as a manager is sacked . Perhaps that’s where the song comes from. 

One thing`s for sure, with all the names in it, it must be a bloody big one. I`m going for a big Brunel style stovepipe one.

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

All that might be true, but I still think he's a c>nt and wouldn't want him near our club.

I actually suspect John Terry might be a much better manager than many assume. And, to be fair, he has done a spell as an assistant and will have learned a lot.

I don’t want him to get the job - Cook, on the other hand, appeals to me - but I don’t reckon he would be a Saunders or an Adams when he does end up somewhere.

32 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Dumb and Dumber

Del Boy and Rodder's used to have a flat overlooking the gaff so probably could throw their hat in the ring

Archived