IGNORED

Cook & Terry have chucked their names in the hat

RedRoss

6 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Terry would be on my list to be honest. 

Somewhere between Tony Pulis and Dean Saunders. 

have you checked that's not your early morning call list? 

I think I may be on my own here, but I’m not against John Terry becoming manager. Yes we would become John Terry’s Bristol City as we would become Steven Gerard’s Bristol City if we got him. But we are not on most TV stations map and always complain we are the last of the highlights. 
From  what I read in some Brum paper, he is allowed a bit of a free reign in training and decisions at Villa who has a manager most would want here if sacked. 
Also already having links with Chelsea and being on Mourinho’s birthday list would mean some good loans. Players like Nketiah would of probably wanted to join on loan if someone like him or SG would of been in charge due to more publicity. 
Sure he was a bellend with Wayne Bridges wife, but that was 10 plus years ago. And probably in our 20’s we all had a friend that cheated on another friends partner. We don’t even know if JT and WB were actually friends at the time just assumed because of being team mates. 

Not my choice, but I can see the benefits him or possibly Gerard would bring to our club. 

9 hours ago, Midred said:

Could we borrow the naming hat from Hogwarts? 

Probably the same hat we get our cup draws from.....so dont expect much ?

9 hours ago, Midred said:

Could we borrow the naming hat from Hogwarts? 

Probably the same hat we get our cup draws from.....so dont expect much ?

I’d love John Terry (there’s others I’d prefer first of course e.g Hughton)

Passionate and committed as a player (as well as being one of the best in the world at one point). Probably has a lot of knowledge to share and would command respect from the players.

I don’t care what he does off the pitch,  no one is perfect.

54 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I think I may be on my own here, but I’m not against John Terry becoming manager. Yes we would become John Terry’s Bristol City as we would become Steven Gerard’s Bristol City if we got him. But we are not on most TV stations map and always complain we are the last of the highlights. 
From  what I read in some Brum paper, he is allowed a bit of a free reign in training and decisions at Villa who has a manager most would want here if sacked. 
Also already having links with Chelsea and being on Mourinho’s birthday list would mean some good loans. Players like Nketiah would of probably wanted to join on loan if someone like him or SG would of been in charge due to more publicity. 
Sure he was a bellend with Wayne Bridges wife, but that was 10 plus years ago. And probably in our 20’s we all had a friend that cheated on another friends partner. We don’t even know if JT and WB were actually friends at the time just assumed because of being team mates. 

Not my choice, but I can see the benefits him or possibly Gerard would bring to our club. 

Good post and although morally I struggle with his past there's no denying he would have lots of contacts and knows how to lead a team 

Just putting it out there for discussion...if you were in charge of recruiting the next Manager, John Terry turns up and is keen as mustard, has done his research, seems to know what has been going wrong, has a good knowledge of our squad, knows what needs changing then gives you a list of good players that are in our range and will improve us would you be bothered that you might think he’s a bit of a shithouse (with some of the negative vibes that might come with that) or would you put the needs of the club on the pitch ahead of that?

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

I'd obviously still support my club, but it'd be hard to do so with a *** like Terry in charge.

To he fair to the club, Wlad the Impaler and Ming the Merciless arent a available 

John Terry doesn’t suit the Bristol Sport brand.

If the club binned off Luke Ayling (guilt by association) because his mate had a piss on a balcony, John Terry, whose been plastered all over the papers for being a proper shit bloke must surly have no chance! 

**not saying I’m against him becoming manager**

3 minutes ago, super slick said:

If the club binned off Luke Ayling (guilt by association) because his mate had a piss on a balcony, John Terry, whose been plastered all over the papers for being a proper shit bloke must surly have no chance! 

At this rate, Jesus is only bloke in the frame ?

3 minutes ago, super slick said:

Do we really have to condemn a man for the rest of time just because of one fling?  There wouldn’t be many people in employment if that was the case.

I’m more worried about whether he’d be a good head coach than what his moral compass was ten years ago.

4 minutes ago, super slick said:

Might be a shit bloke from his antics which we can not condone. However a great footballer and is on the up in his career as a coach.

1 minute ago, oldstandrobin said:

At this rate, Jesus is only bloke in the frame ?

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Do we really have to condemn a man for the rest of time just because of one fling?  There wouldn’t be many people in employment if that was the case.

I’m more worried about whether he’d be a good head coach than what his moral compass was ten years ago.

I’m not saying that I would rule him out and I’m not against him becoming manager, I’m just Suggesting if there’s even a little consistency from Bristol Sport that would mean he has no chance? 

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

This is the point. Is the club on some kind of moral crusade or trying to win football matches and get to the next level? Clearly we wouldn’t be interested in someone with a charge sheet as long as your arm but being unable to keep their dick in their trousers ten years ago is not a bar to refusing a good manager imo (not claiming Terry is or would be).

People make mistakes like that in life, do we castigate them for life?

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This is the point. Is the club on some kind of moral crusade or trying to win football matches and get to the next level? Clearly we wouldn’t be interested in someone with a charge sheet as long as your arm but being unable to keep their dick in their trousers ten years ago is not a bar to refusing a good manager imo (not claiming Terry is or would be).

People make mistakes like that in life, do we castigate them for life?

Everyone well most make mistakes at a time in their life. Keeping your d%$k in your pants I’m sure you would appreciate was difficult for most males in their twenties and thirties. I would get a rise when not appropriate. However Terry is was and is a very very good footballer and is on the up as a coach. I think he would fit very well.

25 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Terry was a serial adulterer, parked his Bentley in a disabled slot, charged people for tours of the Chelski training ground, and was accused of racism. I think that's enough to describe him as a pretty unpleasant person.

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Terry was a serial adulterer, parked his Bentley in a disabled slot, charged people for tours of the Chelski training ground, and was accused of racism. I think that's enough to describe him as a pretty unpleasant person.

Ok might be an arrogant pr^%ck but I’m sure he will throw some life in to City like we haven’t experienced in a very long time.

i agree unpleasant and incorrect but we do need someone with attitude and football skills as otherwise we will still be paying and watching crap football at BS3.

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Cook and Moore have just chucked their names in.

Derek and Clive have just chucked their names in.

Steptoe and son have just chucked their names in.

Easy, this

What about George & Mildred ?

Archived