IGNORED

Cook & Terry have chucked their names in the hat

RedRoss

1 minute ago, City oz said:

Your a funny bugger. I hope life is good in Poitou.

All going Ok. A nice pleasant 26 deg today. Have a conference call all of this afternoon which means my bottle of Champers will stay unopened for a few more hours.

3 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I think I may be on my own here, but I’m not against John Terry becoming manager. Yes we would become John Terry’s Bristol City as we would become Steven Gerard’s Bristol City if we got him. But we are not on most TV stations map and always complain we are the last of the highlights. 
From  what I read in some Brum paper, he is allowed a bit of a free reign in training and decisions at Villa who has a manager most would want here if sacked. 
Also already having links with Chelsea and being on Mourinho’s birthday list would mean some good loans. Players like Nketiah would of probably wanted to join on loan if someone like him or SG would of been in charge due to more publicity. 
Sure he was a bellend with Wayne Bridges wife, but that was 10 plus years ago. And probably in our 20’s we all had a friend that cheated on another friends partner. We don’t even know if JT and WB were actually friends at the time just assumed because of being team mates. 

Not my choice, but I can see the benefits him or possibly Gerard would bring to our club. 

Tammy spoke well of JT, how he encouraged and mentored him when he was a youngster at Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, super slick said:

John Terry doesn’t suit the Bristol Sport brand.

If the club binned off Luke Ayling (guilt by association) because his mate had a piss on a balcony, John Terry, whose been plastered all over the papers for being a proper shit bloke must surly have no chance! 

**not saying I’m against him becoming manager**

Don't forget the alleged racist comment aimed at Anton Ferdinand as well 

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

All going Ok. A nice pleasant 26 deg today. Have a conference call all of this afternoon which means my bottle of Champers will stay unopened for a few more hours.

You can always do micro soft teams or Skype with the bottle under your desk 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

People seem to care more about him being a love rat than him being found guilty of using racist language. 

He'll be in the river with Colston.

I'm not against his application though, he has won everything as a player and promotion as an assistant. 

To be fair, court of law found him not guilty (which doesn't mean he's innocent of course) and the FA found him guilty simply of using the word black and not the context - it seems he never denied saying the word black but claims he was repeating something said to him - as believable as that may sound, I know...

Not neccesarily defending him on this matter but it's hardly clear cut and if people genuinely thought he was racist he wouldn't have the backing of some of the players that he'd had around him. Like someone mentioned above Tammy seemed quite fond of him and Tyrone Mings speaks very highly of him to name 2 BAME players

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

Would Terry be able to absorb the shit, be reused over and over again and stay white as white?

Or would he need to be Pampered?

He is “street wise:” knows how to take the punches. We know he is not white as white but that’s the typical bloke we need at BS3. If not him then some one similar. 

‘Pampered “ there’s another phrase that which should be more appropriate when others on OTIB are still reaching for tissues. I hope they get over it.

It’s still a big COYR for me but please lets drop off the LJ tears 

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

To be fair, court of law found him not guilty (which doesn't mean he's innocent of course) and the FA found him guilty simply of using the word black and not the context - it seems he never denied saying the word black but claims he was repeating something said to him - as believable as that may sound, I know...

Not neccesarily defending him on this matter but it's hardly clear cut and if people genuinely thought he was racist he wouldn't have the backing of some of the players that he'd had around him. Like someone mentioned above Tammy seemed quite fond of him and Tyrone Mings speaks very highly of him to name 2 BAME players

But media darling Rio Ferdinand just got a measly 45k fine calling Ashley Cole a choc ice and he is never vilified.

John Terry a great player but don't see anything that would make him a good fit here

2 minutes ago, City oz said:

He is “street wise:” knows how to take the punches. We know he is not white as white but that’s the typical bloke we need at BS3. If not him then some one similar. 

‘Pampered “ there’s another phrase that which should be more appropriate when others on OTIB are still reaching for tissues. I hope they get over it.

It’s still a big COYR for me but please lets drop off the LJ tears 

I think you need to take a step back:

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

But media darling Rio Ferdinand just got a measly 45k fine calling Ashley Cole a choc ice and he is never vilified.

John Terry a great player but don't see anything that would make him a good fit here

I like choc ices from tarrs.

14 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Agree completely,  I didnt call him racist just pointing out that cheating seems to be higher on the outrage scale than alleged racism. 

I dont believe he is actually racist, but he was found guilty by the football association so has a bit of a stain that would undoubtedly be brought up if he was to be offered a high profile role in a city that has shown recently its willing to act to combat racism.

The more I think about it the more open I am to it. Lampard and Gerrard have had moderate success in a relatively short period of time, instant player respect but does he have the winning philosophy... who knows. 

11 minutes ago, City oz said:

Jesus Christ i think you are in the minority on this one. You obviously do not want the best for BCFC. 

For some reason or other, you've reminded me of the laughs last quote

7 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

For some reason or other, you've reminded me of the laughs last quote

Come on mate terry’s nappies .

You do need to get out more . I hope you are able to get out of lock down fairly quickly.

there is still a world out there where BCFC supporters live up to reality.

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I don't want scumbags like Terry within 100 miles of City

Or his mother in the club shop

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Come on mate terry’s nappies .

You do need to get out more . I hope you are able to get out of lock down fairly quickly.

there is still a world out there where BCFC supporters live up to reality.

I suppose the irony is lost on you?

As to Terry.
Playing success does not translate to managerial success.
Terry has no history with City so I'd be sceptical about Terry's loyalty to City if he got the job (look at what Lampard did to Derby).
His past indiscretions, I could live with, so I don't dislike him.
He has no record of ever being a good manager so why take the chance - City have done that and got the t shirt 

City deserve more than tinkering around the edges and the board now need to look seriously at the management side of the game if they are going to make that leap to the PL.

Let's hope that the board don't get suckered into taking a turd (this is no reference to JT, I'm talking about about dizziness that takes place at times like this) wrapped in shiny wrapping paper.

Archived