IGNORED

Dean Holden Speaks!

One Team

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Who chose Holden & McAllister though?

Was it the club, looking for continuity and installing them as likely successors to LJ, or was it LJ because he liked them?

If it was the club then they may feel strongly the present boot room set up should continue, and maybe even appoint Holden. If it was LJ there would be no need to retain his chosen assistants, particularly if the new manager would find it a sticking point.

I believe both were Johnson appointments. 

McAllister his friend from playing days, and I think I remember hearing he did his badges alongside Holden. 

Perhaps one can step into the U23 manager role, not too sure who the manager is, I know Alex Ball was taking over whilst we searched for someone else, but not sure if he got it in the end. 

The pathetic lack of coverage they u23/academy get at City annoys me. A similar coverage to what the womens side gets would be great. 

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

I believe both were Johnson appointments. 

McAllister his friend from playing days, and I think I remember hearing he did his badges alongside Holden. 

Perhaps one can step into the U23 manager role, not too sure who the manager is, I know Alex Ball was taking over whilst we searched for someone else, but not sure if he got it in the end. 

Wasn't McAllister working with the academy/reserves to begin with and then was promoted to assistant?

The pathetic lack of coverage they u23/academy get at City annoys me. A similar coverage to what the womens side gets would be great. 

Completely agree. In general I think our support would be far more interested to read about that. The stories they put out about the women's team don't do very well on social media at all. 

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wasn't McAllister working with the academy/reserves to begin with and then was promoted to assistant?

Completely agree. In general I think our support would be far more interested to read about that. The stories they put out about the women's team don't do very well on social media at all. 

Ah yes he was, unsure if he was put in place whilst Johnson was at the club though!

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-announce-staffing-changes/

Edit: Just found his Linkedin, states he was at the club for 9 months as u23 manager before being promoted. 

Ah yes he was, unsure if he was put in place whilst Johnson was at the club though!

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-announce-staffing-changes/

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure he's been working with the club for a number of years, at least at youth level. I am pretty sure he stayed local when he retired after his time in India and Yeovil. 

He's apparently a really good guy too. 

16 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you know what? I don’t know. He’s been LJ’s assistant for a long time and I can only liken it to when I had a Sickness bug immediately after I had chilli con Carne. I didn’t eat it again for about 6 years. I knew that the sickness didn’t come from it, but it was an association I had made in my head. That’s probably pretty unfair, but I can’t help it!

Same for me, had chill con carne and then the norovirus- haven’t had chilli since, approx ten years 

18 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

my brother honked up in the bedroom and blocked the sink in a b and b in st ives when we were kids.we had eaten ice creams at the harbour,i had vanilla and he had strawberry. my dad had to put his fingers in it to clear it. ive never touched strawberry ice cream since

The original food 'hates' mentioned on this thread (@Fordy62, @swanker and @The Dolman Pragmatist amongst others)  related to items they had actually tasted or eaten themselves.

Like you, however, my particular food averson arose from an incident involving my brother, a two year old toddler at the time whilst I was an elderly five year old young boy.

My brother loved to play with lumps of coal stored next to the fire, whilst I had a penchant for dried prunes, stored in a ground-level cupboard in the adjacent kitchen. 

Both activities were frowned upon by my parents, so had to be done 'in secret', often in the early weekend hours while our parents were still in bed.

In brief, my brother, for reasons best known to him, put a lump of coal in the box of dried prunes and, surreptitiously sneaking a 'prune' from the box, I experienced the dubious pleasure of chewing on a lump of coal.

Needless to say, I have disliked dried prunes ever since....and suffered years of constipation ?

Archived