IGNORED

Wednesday v Hull

daored

Interesting comments from Holden yesterday; ‘we owe it to our fans to put some smiles on their faces’

I expect we’ll go out to entertain tomorrow night , be interesting to see team selection, Palmer , Eliasson I would expect be selected. 

Just hope he actually changes it and we don't see a carbon copy of a LJ side. I think both should leave as soon as a new manager is appointed. We haven't looked good in any one area, not too sure what the coaches have been doing. 

Pembertons first time in caretaker charge of City, iirc we played Preston away just after O'Driscoll left & things were exactly the same & we played terribly. 

Granted he did much better the second time around!

16 minutes ago, daored said:

Interesting comments from Holden yesterday; ‘we owe it to our fans to put some smiles on their faces’

I expect we’ll go out to entertain tomorrow night , be interesting to see team selection, Palmer , Eliasson I would expect be selected. 

Neither appeared in the training video yesterday, somewhat pouring cold water on those claiming that LJ was lying. If they appear I imagine it would be on the bench at best.

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Neither appeared in the training video yesterday, somewhat pouring cold water on those claiming that LJ was lying. If they appear I imagine it would be on the bench at best.

There could be pictures of them both in wheelchairs with multiple bandages and you'd still get people claiming that they aren't injured.

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Holden might just let them of the leash, he has nothing to lose, we have little to play for and might be Holdens last chance before he likely leaves his position when a new manager arrives.

I think that will definitely be the mentality, but who he picks and in what formation is perhaps the only interesting thing about this game from our perspective. 

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Neither did:

Wollocatt, Gilmartin and Bentley....albeit likely to be off with Pat Mountain doing whatever goalies do.

But not were:

• Zak Vyner
  • Jay Dasilva
  • Tomas Kalas
  • Nathan Baker
  • Freddie Hinds

I’m purely speculating but I don’t think Eliasson is injured, I reckon a transfer deal is being done.  Happy to be 100% wrong though.

Palmer - we will wait and see.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Neither did:

Wollocatt, Gilmartin and Bentley....albeit likely to be off with Pat Mountain doing whatever goalies do.

But not were:

• Zak Vyner
  • Jay Dasilva
  • Tomas Kalas
  • Nathan Baker
  • Freddie Hinds

I’m purely speculating but I don’t think Eliasson is injured, I reckon a transfer deal is being done.  Happy to be 100% wrong though.

Palmer - we will wait and see.

@Robbored new video this morning does show Vyner, Kalas, Baker and Dasilva.

But, I still reckon Eliasson is off ???

No Palmer though.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Eliasson won't sign a new deal. Was told that ages ago. Knows he can get a bigger move and more money once his contract ends here.

Signed an extension the other day, so that could work either way.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Eliasson won't sign a new deal. Was told that ages ago. Knows he can get a bigger move and more money once his contract ends here.

Same with Fam, no?

The interesting thing will be will they get suitors in this summer of football austerity or will we have them around for their final year.

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Pretty certain he actually wanted a move as far back as Jan 2019. Was fed up then of not being played. 

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Do you think he’ll see it out, will City let him see it out?

Just now, grifty said:

Signed an extension the other day, so that could work either way.

Club exercised their one year option.

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Can’t blame any player for wanting to move on for the added benefits that go with a deal - signing on fee for a start along with a bigger weekly wedge.

Thats pretty much what happened with Bryan and Reid.

1 hour ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

You could see Eliasson easily get in a mid table Bundesliga team and do well there.

Great shout. Maybe to join Wagner at Schalke? Or Werder Bremen who have loads of big forwards for Nic to whip balls at. 

Archived