IGNORED

Tom Meighan

phantom

• Admin

Former Kasabian singer Tom Meighan has pleaded guilty to assaulting his former fiancee.

The 39-year-old admitted at Leicester Magistrates' Court attacking Vikki Ager on the evening 9 April.

The court heard a child had witnessed the assault and contacted 999 to report that a "domestic incident was taking place".

On Monday, the group announced Meighan had stepped down from the band in order to deal with "personal issues".

Prosecutor Naeem Valli said the "sustained assault" had left Ms Ager with bruises to her knees, elbow, ankle and "a reddening around her neck".

The court was told Meighan "smelt heavily of intoxicants" as he assaulted her.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-53319170

• Admin
On 07/07/2020 at 13:16, grifty said:

Didn't Linda Kasabian act as a grass against Mansons lot?

The band was signed to BMG by London DJ and producer Sam Young and changed their name to Kasabian, after Linda Kasabian, a member of the Charles Manson cult. In an interview with Ukula, bassist Chris Edwards explained how former guitarist Chris Karloff picked the name.

49 minutes ago, phantom said:

The band was signed to BMG by London DJ and producer Sam Young and changed their name to Kasabian, after Linda Kasabian, a member of the Charles Manson cult. In an interview with Ukula, bassist Chris Edwards explained how former guitarist Chris Karloff picked the name.

From Wiki - Linda Darlene Kasabian (born Drouin; June 21, 1949) is a former member of the Manson Family. She was the key witness in District Attorney Vincent Bugliosi's prosecution of Charles Manson and his followers for the 1969 Tate–LaBianca murders.

18 hours ago, phantom said:

Statement from the band

20200708_230059.jpg

Domestic violence certainly is something that cannot be excused but there is such a thing as forgiveness, which I think we see too little of.  If the man was unrepentant about his offences, then I can understand him being kicked out of the band, but otherwise this smacks a little more about Kasabian being concerned it might affect their future revenue, and less about them taking the moral high ground.  We have a Prime Minister who may well have indulged in domestic violence in the not too distant past, and it didn't cost him his job!

• Admin
17 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Domestic violence certainly is something that cannot be excused but there is such a thing as forgiveness, which I think we see too little of.  If the man was unrepentant about his offences, then I can understand him being kicked out of the band, but otherwise this smacks a little more about Kasabian being concerned it might affect their future revenue, and less about them taking the moral high ground.  We have a Prime Minister who may well have indulged in domestic violence in the not too distant past, and it didn't cost him his job!

Sorry I don't agree with your reply. Domestic violence is shameful and gutless from any person. 

He deserves the most severe punishment possible 

I've no idea what Boris is supposed to have done but equally not relevant here

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Sorry I don't agree with your reply. Domestic violence is shameful and gutless from any person. 

He deserves the most severe punishment possible 

I've no idea what Boris is supposed to have done but equally not relevant here

Yes I agree about the nature of domestic violence, but ‘the most severe punishment possible’?  What about murder?  Do you think it’s right that everyone who commits domestic violence should lose their jobs? 

A domestic incident at Boris Johnsih’s girlfriends apartment was overheard by a neighbour who called the police.  Widely reported on 21/22 June 2019 and easily found online.

21 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

In their situation I'd have done the same. I wouldn't want to be associated and tarred with the same brush as someone like that. Domestic assault is horrific and as public figures they have a responsibility to act forcefully so as to show they don't condone those actions.

Hyperbole I know, but in your mind, if a rapist is apologetic, should they be allowed to return to a job as though nothing had happened?

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yes I agree about the nature of domestic violence, but ‘the most severe punishment possible’?  What about murder?  Do you think it’s right that everyone who commits domestic violence should lose their jobs? 

A domestic incident at Boris Johnsih’s girlfriends apartment was overheard by a neighbour who called the police.  Widely reported on 21/22 June 2019 and easily found online.

Yes.

• Admin
4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry. I meant most severe punishment for that offence. 

I understand what you mean about Boris now but was never taken further. I guess they're not the first or last couple to raise voices at each other 

On 09/07/2020 at 17:14, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Domestic violence certainly is something that cannot be excused but there is such a thing as forgiveness,

I agree to an extent. It obviously depends on circumstances but people should have the chance to move on with their lives.

But Meighan has only just been convicted. It's way too early to talk about just forgetting it.

Archived