IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday - Points Deduction?

Olé

I'm reliably informed that in literally the last few minutes the betting markets have gone crazy with people backing them for relegation at silly prices and silly money.

This sort of thing doesn't happen without people having some advanced knowledge of something - I see nothing public but assume an announcement is imminent. 

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

I'm reliably informed that in literally the last few minutes the betting markets have gone crazy with people backing them for relegation at silly prices and silly money.

This sort of thing doesn't happen without people having some advanced knowledge of something - I see nothing public but assume an announcement is imminent. 

To make it fair they shouldn’t be deducted points, or Wigan for that matter. Instead we should just be given 9 points for the games we didn’t win against them. Only us though, no other teams. That’s fair

Derby's accounts are overdue, speculation they're trying to delay them so they won't incur a points deduction for this season and can get in the play offs. Apparently overdue accounts even for football club, the fine is only £100, so what's racking up a few fines for overdue accounts to try and win £200m for promotion

My understanding on that though I may be wrong is that the EFL so I've read have to get the accounts by start of March for the prior 2 seasons and the Projected for this at the same time.,

They're dragging it out though- these two clubs and especially last summer, Sheffield Wednesday really do.

Another interesting thing about Derby is that there is a charge over Pride Park by Gabay's company. Wonder if promotion is quite important with respect to that- however with respect to Sheffield Wednesday @Olé's OP is most interesting...

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Derby's accounts are overdue, speculation they're trying to delay them so they won't incur a points deduction for this season and can get in the play offs. Apparently overdue accounts even for football club, the fine is only £100, so what's racking up a few fines for overdue accounts to try and win £200m for promotion

If true, that's awful as they've already received a three month filing extension with Companies House which took them to the end of June. You would hope the punishment is a lot more severe for any club deliberately breaking the rules in this way. 

1 minute ago, Coppello said:

If true, that's awful as they've already received a three month filing extension with Companies House which took them to the end of June. You would hope the punishment is a lot more severe for any club deliberately breaking the rules in this way. 

Well they've not had a date set yet and we're what 15 days from the last game being played? So they'd need to do the whole thing in less than a month to have it resolved before a play off game if Derby finish top 6

5 minutes ago, Coppello said:

AFAIK, the EFL have the power to give a transfer embargo until such time as the accounts are submitted and done so satisfactorily. Unclear if that's to CH or the EFL though, the embargo thing.

I'd dock points unless there's a very good reason. Sliding scale.

Derby's structure is an interesting (well interesting in accounting terms anyway ?)

There's the club- "The Derby County Football Club Limited"

Sevco 5112 Limited was the parent company/biggest in the group until last season I think.

Now that is Gellaw Newco 203 Limited.

Indeed, they created a number of companies that became active in 2016/17 I think called:

Club DCFC Limited

The Derby County FC Academy Limited

Stadia DCFC Limited

None- not one- of these have yet submitted.

Sevco controls the bottom 3, Gellaw Newco 203 controls the football club and also controls Sevco 5112.

17 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

AFAIK, the EFL have the power to give a transfer embargo until such time as the accounts are submitted and done so satisfactorily. Unclear if that's to CH or the EFL though, the embargo thing.

I'd dock points unless there's a very good reason. Sliding scale.

Derby's structure is an interesting (well interesting in accounting terms anyway ?)

There's the club- "The Derby County Football Club Limited"

Sevco 5112 Limited was the parent company/biggest in the group until last season I think.

Now that is Gellaw Newco 203 Limited.

Indeed, they created a number of companies that became active in 2016/17 I think called:

Club DCFC Limited

The Derby County FC Academy Limited

Stadia DCFC Limited

None- not one- of these have yet submitted.

Sevco controls the bottom 3, Gellaw Newco 203 controls the football club and also controls Sevco 5112.

Deliberately crepuscular. Or, they are so dumb, they think incorporating lots of companies is 'groovy man'.

Archived