IGNORED

Drinks Break

Super

I like it and think it should go further.
players should stop for soup during the winter months.

If a sub comes on with an exceptionally good haircut all players could stop for a minutes applause.

Finally,there should be two mandatory ad breaks each half during televised games.

2 minutes ago, potbelly said:

I like it and think it should go further.
players should stop for soup during the winter months.

If a sub comes on with an exceptionally good haircut all players could stop for a minutes applause.

Finally,there should be two mandatory ad breaks each half during televised games.

Why not let 'em out to queue for a burger?

While the months they were due to be playing in was factored, It's not temperature based as much as every player needing an individual bottle, they can't have a bottle quickly chucked to them or leave one pitch side near where they'd be playing (wingers/full backs). Having said they it had been suggested that a member of staff take the drinks onto the pitch near the centre circle but managers talked it down.

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

While the months they were due to be playing in was factored, It's not temperature based as much as every player needing an individual bottle, they can't have a bottle quickly chucked to them or leave one pitch side near where they'd be playing (wingers/full backs). Having said they it had been suggested that a member of staff take the drinks onto the pitch near the centre circle but managers talked it down.

Do they need a drink? Its 45 minutes.

The cynic in me thinks they are taking advantage of the situation to try and introduce and advertising break.

They will come out and say it was a big success, players preferred it, managers preferred it and they want to do it all the time from now on and the TV company's will say sure - let us sneak 2 adverts in there and we can pay you some extra money everyone's a winner - except the fans in attendance once again. 

57 minutes ago, Pezo said:

The cynic in me thinks they are taking advantage of the situation to try and introduce and advertising break.

They will come out and say it was a big success, players preferred it, managers preferred it and they want to do it all the time from now on and the TV company's will say sure - let us sneak 2 adverts in there and we can pay you some extra money everyone's a winner - except the fans in attendance once again. 

The cynic in me sees it as a backdoor attempt to Americanise our game. The US TV companies have for years “suggested” we should have four quarters , not two halves, so they could cram in more adverts. Hot dog anyone?

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Aha. You just stole my thunder Pezo. 

Was about to say that I’m amazed there aren’t advert breaks already during this stoppage. It won’t be long........

I don't really get why people in the media keep asking why are they having a break though, its well known the rule was brought in for the remainder of games and would be in all games and not at a referees discretion, I don't think you should leave it to referees to decide if they are taken either, there would be accusations of bias about breaking up certain teams flow and not others etc. Also in terms of temperature could be a case some of the *ah hem* less fit referees give drinks breaks where as *ah hem* more fit referees carry on in games at the same temperature.... 

11 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I don't really get why people in the media keep asking why are they having a break though, its well known the rule was brought in for the remainder of games and would be in all games and not at a referees discretion, I don't think you should leave it to referees to decide if they are taken either, there would be accusations of bias about breaking up certain teams flow and not others etc. Also in terms of temperature could be a case some of the *ah hem* less fit referees give drinks breaks where as *ah hem* more fit referees carry on in games at the same temperature.... 

All referees have to take regular fitness tests, and pass them.

Plus, the majority of the referee’s are 35 years old plus, so will never be as fit as the players.

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

All referees have to take regular fitness tests, and pass them.

Plus, the majority of the referee’s are 35 years old plus, so will never be as fit as the players.

They all meet a minimum standard but you know some will be fitter than others same as players. Point was more that you can't put it on a referee when to have a break, either every game or none and as they may need it for games here and there in 30 degrees then it has to be all

• Admin
1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Seems sensible to me not just for the heat but also for a breather considering the amount of games they are playing in quick succession.

What heat?

It was brought in as a break in play in the early rounds of fixtures. 

Many managers already openly stating players don't need the break but they are now using it as a tactical break 

Archived