IGNORED

Cardiff lose

ollywhyte

If only Benkovic put away his header on Saturday, it could have been a sea of positivity tonight with a chance to go equal with them tomorrow. In fact even a draw on the weekend would have looked ok now!

I can't help but look at the league table and think what a missed opportunity this season has been ? no one wants 6th!

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Not over yet! I’m trying to decide who I’d prefer to make the 6th spot (assuming not us) but I haven’t managed it yet! 

Funny isn't it. I've always been one to believe it could still be on until mathmetically over. Deluded some would say haha!

Cardiff have Fulham and Derby next. Followed by a visit to relegation threatened Boro, under their former manager Colin. Tough run.

Derby playing West Brom and Brentford next two. Before that game v Cardiff. Again extremely tough run.

Two quick fire wins to give us hope ? Holden to deliver 5/5 to snatch 6th 

... always believe?  ?

6 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

If only Benkovic put away his header on Saturday, it could have been a sea of positivity tonight with a chance to go equal with them tomorrow. In fact even a draw on the weekend would have looked ok now!

I can't help but look at the league table and think what a missed opportunity this season has been ? no one wants 6th!

Let’s beat Hull first ???

I'm actually quite confident if we somehow managed 5 wins, 70 points would be enough looking at everyone's fixtures.

? 

8 minutes ago, One Team said:

What do we do if we win the next five and somehow sneak in the play offs? And then what would happen if we won the final?!

Bring back LJ?

?

(that was a joke BTW!)

Holden and JMac combo for the Premier League 

22 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

A draw would have given us a bit of oxygen and confidence, but I don't think it would have transformed our form.  If we had won our first two games after the restart, who knows...

If we had won our first two games after the restart then LJ would still be in charge.

We are way off being good enough for promotion.  Fulham showed you cannot buy a new team and expect to be competitive in the Prem.  You need to have the bones of a good team and the spirit to match when you get promoted - like Sheffield Utd - and make a few quality additions.  

25 minutes ago, One Team said:

What do we do if we win the next five and somehow sneak in the play offs? And then what would happen if we won the final?!

Bring back LJ?

?

(that was a joke BTW!)

LJ would be invited to the final as a guest of Lansdown; same as happened when Barnsley made the EFL final just after he left. Barnsley were also promoted via the play offs that season! 

41 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Johnson would still be in charge , so how would it be positive. Seasons done fella, get over it 

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

I'm  little confused why would we not want 6th? Though we have certainly given the impression we didn't want it by the way we have performed.

Its the hope that kills you.....

We are done. Probably win tonight, but nowhere near good enough. Even if some miracle occurs - if we played Brentford over two legs (3rd vs 6th) we would get battered. Absolutely battered. 

We will finish about where we are now

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

Just looking at the next round of fixtures... every chance we could be 3 from 6th with 3 to go...!

One can dream.

Indeed, its what makes football. Theres more chance of us finishing 6th than there was Leicester winning the PL. With Swansea and Preston left to play as well, if we win 4/4, looking at Cardiff and Derby's fixtures, I genuinely think we could nab it. 

A draw v Cradiff on the weekend could have been a really good result looking at things now!

3 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Indeed, its what makes football. Theres more chance of us finishing 6th than there was Leicester winning the PL. With Swansea and Preston left to play as well, if we win 4/4, looking at Cardiff and Derby's fixtures, I genuinely think we could nab it. 

A draw v Cradiff on the weekend could have been a really good result looking at things now!

Wow...and I thought I was the supreme optimist! Fair play to you. We've had our first win in 5 months. Just need 4 more buses to turn up and we'll be there.

Archived