IGNORED

Women Coach

redpole

If there’s a woman out there with a track record of getting a team to the play offs at Championship level or can show obvious potential to do so By reference to past and/or current performance then go for it. If we are undertaking a social experiment or ticking a equal opportunities box then no thanks.

It will happen eventually. In the NBA there's a female assistant coach (Spurs), and these things will become normal in time. 

We won't have many candidates until we develop the women's game though. That's why women's football is more important for fans of the men's game than they think. We want to give ourselves the best chance of unearthing the best people.

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Pretty sure she has all her badges so has the qualifications. 

You know what I meant.

I said relevant which means head coach experience at the top or second level of the mens professional game here or in a major European league.

The club has spent enough time pissing around with an experiment the next appointment must be the best for the club.

The FA should make her Southgates successor that should get a tick in the PC  box and see how good she is and most importantly it won't affect my club.

5 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

No relevant qualifications.

She has all her coaching badges, has coached Chelsea first team to gain experience and has won trophies! I would say she has qualifications.

im not saying she should be manager but why shouldn’t she be in with a chance??

Just now, RUSSEL85 said:

Plus the games are so different in terms of pace, power and quality. 

I don't think we'll be worrying about Chris Hughton's pace and power. It's only the quality that we need from a coach!

Just now, redpole said:

She has all her coaching badges, has coached Chelsea first team to gain experience and has won trophies! I would say she has qualifications.

im not saying she should be manager but why shouldn’t she be in with a chance??

She has no chance because there are far more suitable potential candidates out there.

33 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If there’s a woman out there with a track record of getting a team to the play offs at Championship level or can show obvious potential to do so By reference to past and/or current performance then go for it. If we are undertaking a social experiment or ticking a equal opportunities box then no thanks.

Yes.

The only possible that comes to mind is the US women's team coach.

35 minutes ago, redpole said:

With Emma Hayes coming into the list of potential next manager with odds of 33/1. What are people’s thoughts on a women coach?? 

Considering you started the post, what are your thoughts?

Ultimately, women will prove themselves capable of leading men in football. Along the way, there will be claims of positive discrimination, they are just a social experiment, women aren't capable of leading men etc. But change will inevitably happen.

Short term, can't see it, long term, of course there will be women managers/coaches.

The way a woman will come to manage at a high level would be through an organisation like Chelsea. Probably coach under 21s etc and then moved into the head coach role thereafter.

Emma Hayes has done co-commentary on 5 live. She clearly has a razor sharp tactical mind.  We could do an awful lot worse. 

I hope this doesn't read badly, but purely from a human nature point of view, I think a female coach would generally suffer more unrest from players when the chips are down.

This can happen to a male manager too of course, but I can imagine a team with senior pros (especially if you have a couple of troublesome characters like Tomlin) really taking the piss and playing up badly. 

I can see a day when there are female coaches and managers, but I don't think it's the right time for us at the moment.

34 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Is Cherie Lunghi still available?

I was about to ask similar!

Back when the Doncaster Belles were the all conquering ladies side, the qualification being being Keeper seemed to be restricted to;

Can you flap at everything?

if something is too easy a save for you to flap at, do you promise to let it in anyway?

Should you have the ball in hand, and therefore have nothing to flap at, so you promise to either throw it in to your own net, or throw it to the opposition and then revisit all flapping opportunities?

Thankfully, the standard is a million times better now.

So basically, the keeping position is well covered.

#Flap

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I hope this doesn't read badly, but purely from a human nature point of view, I think a female coach would generally suffer more unrest from players when the chips are down.

This can happen to a male manager too of course, but I can imagine a team with senior pros (especially if you have a couple of troublesome characters like Tomlin) really taking the piss and playing up badly. 

I can see a day when there are female coaches and managers, but I don't think it's the right time for us at the moment.

Completely get what you're saying, but some women can deal with that stuff. I mean imagine how much "banter" Met police commissioner Cressida Dick must have dealt with over the years.

Archived