IGNORED

Bristol City v Hull City Match Day 42

Davefevs

Sorry, I really haven’t seen enough of Hull City this season to give the usual low-down, but here’s their latest line-up v West Brom (lost 4-2)

822457E4-3221-46CD-A3DE-87DE666329FF.jpeg.754354090fe5bb7752b9f2ee0f3d3929.jpeg

I did the Housemartins jokes last time we played them at home, and there weren’t enough Camberwick Green jokes to link into Gareth (Mrs) Honeyman, nor any players called Pugh or Cuthbert.

Here was my last report:

I did meet their Manager Grant McCann on holiday in Majorca at the end of the 2013 season, and the first game I took Joe to was Peterborough (h), a 0-3 loss versus Tomlin, Little and Tyrone Barnett, in which McCann was sub, and gave us a little wave when warming up!  His son was flipping brilliant!!

A few comments:

Magennis up top, is a big powerful striker who’s caused us probs in the past.

Jon Toral in the no10 is a bit of a master chef, so he’ll be cooking up some chances for them.

Pennington at RB is the biggest bomb-scare defender I’ve seen against in the Champ.

Malik Wilks, recently signed permanent from Barnsley is one to watch, cutting in off the right into his favoured left foot.  Not sure the detail given to O’Dowda v Cardiff but he kept showing Ralls onto his left foot from short corners!!!

They do look like they are still up for the fight, so expect us to be in for a tougher game than we imagined 4 games ago.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sorry, I really haven’t seen enough of Hull City this season to give the usual low-down, but here’s their latest line-up v West Brom (lost 4-2)

822457E4-3221-46CD-A3DE-87DE666329FF.jpeg.754354090fe5bb7752b9f2ee0f3d3929.jpeg

I did the Housemartins jokes last time we played them at home, and there weren’t enough Camberwick Green jokes to link into Gareth (Mrs) Honeyman, nor any players called Pugh or Cuthbert.

Here was my last report:

I did meet their Manager Grant McCann on holiday in Majorca at the end of the 2013 season, and the first game I took Joe to was Peterborough (h), a 0-3 loss versus Tomlin, Little and Tyrone Barnett, in which McCann was sub, and gave us a little wave when warming up!  His son was flipping brilliant!!

A few comments:

Magennis up top, is a big powerful striker who’s caused us probs in the past.

Jon Toral in the no10 is a bit of a master chef, so he’ll be cooking up some chances for them.

Pennington at RB is the biggest bomb-scare defender I’ve seen against in the Champ.

Malik Wilks, recently signed permanent from Barnsley is one to watch, cutting in off the right into his favoured left foot.  Not sure the detail given to O’Dowda v Cardiff but he kept showing Ralls onto his left foot from short corners!!!

They do look like they are still up for the fight, so expect us to be in for a tougher game than we imagined 4 games ago.

Herbie Kane is injured and out for the rest of the season. That's all I know. :surrender:

We can definitely expect no LJ out shouts . 

If fit would love to see KP in the starting line up maybe    

DB

FB.             TK.           NB

ZV.                                                           JD

AN.              HNM

KP

NW.                  FD 

Really like the look of Wilks from the little I've seen on TV. 6 goals, but 0 assists this season according to transfermarkt. 

Scored in their last two matches, will be confident of adding to that against us. 

Pretty sure I heard their win against Boro, was the first win he'd featured in for 26/27 games across two clubs. 

47 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

DB

AN.              HNM

KP

NW.                  FD 

That’s pretty much as my son and I discussed at breakfast, with maybe Benkovic in the centre...

49 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

DB

AN.              HNM

KP

NW.                  FD 

Looks good, but isn't KP injured?

With Holden never having been in charge of us before & mystery surrounding whether several of our players are really injured or have moves away lined up, this makes it a very difficult one to predict.

I just hope to see a clear plan & the players giving it their best, as the season has basically imploded since we returned.

Having scored just twice in 4 games a goal would be nice, too.

40 minutes ago, Sturny said:

From our point of view im not expecting much different to watch we saw under LJ

I’ve been thinking the same thing since Sunday.

Normally when a manager goes it feels like a weight coming off your shoulders and you’re breathing in the fresh air.

I still have that same pre game feeling as when Johnson was in charge.

I have been wracking my brains trying to remember the name of an old Hull winger, back in the early/mid 1970s, who always used to play well against us.

He was a well-built, solid bloke with red hair, and I am pretty sure it was not Ken Knighton.

Does anybody have any idea, or was it indeed KK?

Archived