Gotta be 532...

Bentley

Kalas    Benko    Baker

Hunt                                          Dasilva
                        Smith

Pato                      Weimann

Fam         Wells

2 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

I'm guessing Benkovic will be moved into centre mid holding with Korey so either 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 with Paterson as an attacking mid with Wells, Diedhiou and Weimann up top.

Guessing it's just the 4-4-2 though  thats much simpler. Patterson on left, Weimann right.

You could be right but..has Benko ever played in that role? It seems a gamble, if Massengo and Nagy are fit...

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Gotta be 532...

Bentley

Kalas    Benko    Baker

Smith

Fam         Wells

0ut of possession. 352 in possession. 

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Gotta be 532...

Bentley

Kalas    Benko    Baker

Smith

Fam         Wells

I would argue that isn’t 5-3-2 as there is one midfielder 

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Gotta be 532...

Bentley

Kalas    Benko    Baker

Smith

Fam         Wells

That’s what I thought. Although could have gone with Nagy instead of Smith.

It seems to me its 3-5-2 with Hunt and Dasilva pushed into the midfield. On the other hand it could be 4-4-2 with Baker or Benkovic at left back. On the other hand it could be 4-3-3 with Hunt at RB, Benkovic in midfield with Weimann pushed forward. On the other hand it could be 3-4-3 deploying a diamond. Basically, God knows! 

18 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Selection of Weimann and ultra weak midfield shows Holden is very much part of the problem and should not be part of the solution!

Although switching to 5-3-2 in itself not a bad idea, just not with Pato and Weimann!!

I couldn't agree more - Holden (and probably McAllister) part of the problem not the solution midfield now even weaker than the last match and that's saying something!!

Just demonstrates the massive weakness in our midfield that has existed for years and never addressed.

To be honest, apart from drafting the likes of Watkins and Rowe in to give a bit of muscle,’ can’t see he could of done much else. 

Think he’ll do a 3-5-2 with loads of ‘transitions’ in/out of defence.

3 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

You could be right but..has Benko ever played in that role? It seems a gamble, if Massengo and Nagy are fit...

Its certainly different! But you could probably argue Benkovic has all the attributes to excel further forward and will certainly add the physicality none of our other cms can bring. It's not what I'd do but looking at that lineup it's the only way that 11 makes any sense to me.

Otherwise, Weimann in behind two strikers surely isn't getting the best out of him (Would love to be proven wrong that's where he's playing today).

7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It seems to me its 3-5-2 with Hunt and Dasilva pushed into the midfield. On the other hand it could be 4-4-2 with Baker or Benkovic at left back. On the other hand it could be 4-3-3 with Hunt at RB, Benkovic in midfield with Weimann pushed forward. On the other hand it could be 3-4-3 deploying a diamond. Basically, God knows! 

I wondered if it could be 5-1-3-1. The 3 behind Fam being Weimann right Pato left Wells central. 

A normal city team selection with formation & strategy stored only in the head coaches mindset!!! So another of guess where you are on the pitch lads. Well done so tonight for make things happen for the fans. Give us something that we spill beer on the sofa for please COYR 

Archived