IGNORED

Bristol City v Hull City Match Day 42

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Shit... have they actually decided to deduct Wigan 12 points?

*I should point out I’m watching the Hull stream and they’ve just mentioned it. 

If memory serves, Wigan will be deducted 12 points this season unless they end up in the bottom three anyway, in which case it would be the start of next season. But I think that is confirmed. 

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Just looked it up and he had 38 appearances in his first and second seasons with us. It was only last year he didn't have so many, and that was partly squad selection as much as fitness.

His constant absence is a little bit of a myth. 

Probably just notice when he isn’t playing. Which is a compliment to him 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Just looked it up and he had 38 appearances in his first and second seasons with us. It was only last year he didn't have so many, and that was partly squad selection as much as fitness.

His constant absence is a little bit of a myth. 

What percentage of games does he complete though ?

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Shit... have they actually decided to deduct Wigan 12 points?

*I should point out I’m watching the Hull stream and they’ve just mentioned it. 

Wigan will be deducted 12 points if they are within 12 points of the relegation zone at the end of the season.

If they are above that then it is next season.

At the moment a 12 point deduction would have Wigan bottom.

That's what I read when it was first brought up anyway.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

If memory serves, Wigan will be deducted 12 points this season unless they end up in the bottom three anyway, in which case it would be the start of next season. But I think that is confirmed. 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Wigan will be deducted 12 points if they are within 12 points of the relegation zone at the end of the season.

If they are above that then it is next season.

At the moment a 12 point deduction would have Wigan bottom.

That's what I read when it was first brought up anyway.

Thanks chaps. I can’t help but feel for them given it appears this is a gambling related set up. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Thanks chaps. I can’t help but feel for them given it appears this is a gambling related set up. 

Totally agree. It's one of these circumstances where the rules are the rules and so have to be applied but unfortunately those exact rules are rumoured to be what are being deliberately exploited to make someone a lot of money by forcing Wigan's relegation. Really hope they finish more than 12 points above the drop zone. 

Archived