IGNORED

Bristol City v Hull City Match Day 42

Davefevs

Just now, And Its Smith said:

That was no improvement but nice to win. Hull had more shots than us yet commentators say were in control. Won because of Pato. Created little again.  Against a team like Hull we should be created 4-5 very good chances

In fairness, we wouldn't be saying this if Nakhi and Fammy both buried those 1v1s in the second half. 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

That was no improvement but nice to win. Hull had more shots than us yet commentators say were in control. Won because of Pato. Created little again.  Against a team like Hull we should be created 4-5 very good chances

More shots but didn't threaten the goal much, we had more on target then them, Wells had a big chance and could have slid Weimann in, Fam hits it straight at the keeper too. Dropped off massively after they scored we were a lot more free with our attacks before their goal more times play broke down on edge of the box, game or two more getting used to how Holden wants to play and hopefully keeps improving

2 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Based on lockdown performances so far only.

Keep - Nagy, Benkovic.

Out - Weimann, Hunt, Smith.

Although we've not seen a hell of alot from Benkovic it's nice to see a defender comfortable on the ball. We won't have a chance of signing him.

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

Although we've not seen a hell of alot from Benkovic it's nice to see a defender comfortable on the ball. We won't have a chance of signing him.

Of course not. But if we get Hughton in, I would offer Leicester to extend his loan and promise game time. 

Especially as we may have to sell Baker due to his contract being out in 12 months.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Sorry but how can anyone analyse such thing? I have seen LJ many times say post match what injury Baker had for him to come off.

I'll try and find the thread and see myself. But to me he has always been happy to come off. 

LJ even more or less said about him coming off too much in one post match interview, without actually naming him.

Subbed injured 4 times this season, 2 were concussion, so hardly his fault.

Maybe 2 is a lot? Arguably to be expected for someone who puts his body on the line. I just don’t understand the constant calling him out for it, I’m sure the lad doesn’t  WANT to be injured. Was obvious as soon as he went down that someone would bring this up as if he’d just chosen to get headbutted (albeit accidental)

That was an okay performance. We looked very comfortable and potentially heading for a 3 or 4-0 win until, as ever, we made it hard for ourselves. Was less comfortable after their goal but overall think we were good value for the 3 points. 

A new era has begun with 3 points. I'm happy.

6 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

In fairness, we wouldn't be saying this if Nakhi and Fammy both buried those 1v1s in the second half. 

Can’t score every chance which is why a team needs to create quite a lot of chances normally to beat a team.  Hull are awful so need to be doing more in final third I would say 

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Was impressed with the Benko and Kalas partnership, they worked well together.

Vyner looked out of his depth though. 

Well if Baker fails an in depth concussion test then I think we can call Moore into the squad as Williams is still suspended

A win at last! ?

It won't change much, but three poins are always welcomed.

23 minutes ago, AndySnapper said:

Some satisfaction that we put Hull into the drop zone

We did our part tonight: let's hope that their next opponents will do the same. ?

Not a great performance but the most important thing was the win, even if it was only Hull. Hopefully there will be an improvement in confidence. Fam & Pato had good games and the wing backs did their job. 3-5-2 (3-3-2-2) definitely looks a better fit for our players. 

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere, but a few telling comments from Taylor (who was great).

He suggested that some players were pleased for a fresh start.

He said that we had quality like Palmer and Pato and said something to the effect that they were underused.

Also mentioned how the chopping and changing was difficult and used Watkins as an example "one week he'd be in the squad and the next he'd be dropped."

And credit to the lad for saying that we hate Cardiff and Swansea!

Just now, mozo said:

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere, but a few telling comments from Taylor (who was great).

He suggested that some players were pleased for a fresh start.

He said that we had quality like Palmer and Pato and said something to the effect that they were underused.

Also mentioned how the chopping and changing was difficult and used Watkins as an example "one week he'd be in the squad and the next he'd be dropped."

And credit to the lad for saying that we hate Cardiff and Swansea!

Ooh just remembered he also said you could see the boys were busting a gut for Holden and Macca. Perhaps implying they weren't previously. 

Archived