IGNORED

Mark Ashton interview

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Cheers, So is he saying he’s already conducted lots of interviews?

As someones just said, he's said we've not spoken to anyone yet, we're conducting an evaluation process of those who apply before speaking to anyone, means we've not gone and seeked out Hughton/McCarthy after they said they were interested.

Also said applications international as well as domestic so that route is open 

5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Problem is that Ashton & Lansdown got no clue about football

Interesting comment...after years in the game with Watford/Oxford /City etc and so respected in the game that he is on the EFL board that you say he has not got a clue.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Cheers, So is he saying he’s already conducted lots of interviews?

Didn't give that impression

Interesting he said supporters would be the first to hear about any appointment

I hope he lets the Manager know too

He'll probably let any prospective manager see how the team do over the next game or two and let them (prospective appointment) pitch their ideas as to how to take us forward, how they'd utilise the squad and what budget they'd need.

You can argue "bla bla they can see games we've played this season", and that's true, but from the outside LJs post will have been seen as risky, if not quite safe, so an unexpected opening to some extent.

Thats my view anyway.

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I mean, I’m struggling to think of a bigger lie since “I saw signs that we could go on a run”. 

I think it’s fair to say the fans will absolutely be the last to know. 

9 minutes ago, vicky10 said:

Interesting comment...after years in the game with Watford/Oxford /City etc and so respected in the game that he is on the EFL board that you say he has not got a clue.

Big difference from understanding football and understanding the football business.

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

He said the fans but he meant one fan. He's going go to be on the phone to a regular OTIB poster to ask them to take the job. But which one? 

Cannot see the issue. Said interest from all over the globe and at home and they will whittle it down.  Does anyone really expect BCFC to name candidates to the media, or conduct interviews by OTIB.  
It’s time to mellow out and simply enjoy the ride for a few weeks. 

27 minutes ago, eric04 said:

So basically they have done nothing so far, and he’s still talking to Steve about the sort of individual he wants. 

Why narrow it by looking for a “sort of individual”?  Not aimed at you...aimed at MA.

That worries me!

When Pat Lam was interviewed on BT Rugby prior to joining Bristol Rugby, he was bemused when the the football club structure and Ashton's role was mentioned by the reporter. Lam then stated he would have full control.  

It's seems the Bristol Sport is not consistent. Forget being inundated with applications you would have thought Ashton would have already had a list of possible candidates, the likes of Hughton, Cook, best coaches in the Bundesliga etc. 

I hope Ashton can convince Hughton to join, and if he's has to concede some control so be it (amend the roles & responsibilities). If not, we might get a Div 1 / 2 coach again, with Ashton and his colleague's roles protected. That won't be good for Bristol City.     

Archived