IGNORED

Thank You From Lee Johnson

BUTOR

I like to think someone proof read it and removed all the Johnsonisms. There is no way the LJ we know could’ve possibly written that lengthy a statement without “blue sky thinking” and “let’s sharpen the point of this pencil”. 

Sad day. RIP Johnsonisms. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I like to think someone proof read it and removed all the Johnsonisms. There is no way the LJ we know could’ve possibly written that lengthy a statement without “blue sky thinking” and “let’s sharpen the point of this pencil”. 

TBF there was an unnecessary exclamation mark.

I don't look upon this like it's the end, I look upon it like it's moving on you know. It's almost like my work here's done. I can't imagine Jesus going 'Oh, I've told a few people in Bethlehem I'm the son of Gary, can I just stay here with Mum and Dad now?' No. You gotta move on. You gotta spread the word. You gotta go to Nazareth, please. And that's, very much like... me. My world does not end within these four walls, Bristol’s a big place. And when I've finished with Bristol, there's Reading, Oxford, Swindon, you know I've got to Exeter, You know. My Plymouth, Cardiff. Because I am my own boss, I can-Swansea. I can wake up one morning and go 'Ooh, I don't feel like working today, can I just stay in bed?' 'Ooh, don't know, better ask the boss.' 'Lee, can I stay in bed all day?' 'Yes you can Lee.' Both me, that's not me in bed with another bloke called Lee.

6 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Nice statement. Perhaps I’m imagining it, but seems to me a slight acceptance that he’d run out of ideas with us and it was time to move on?

I read it like that too. Dignified and professional, didn’t burn any bridges and left with more friends than enemies amongst the people he worked with. I think he just ran out of steam and lost his way, too involved mentally and physically and had no where to turn having confused himself and the team. In the Sky interview straight after the match I thought he looked unusually relaxed, maybe relieved if he knew what what was in store for him half an hour later.

Gutted as I said before that we didn’t get the ultimate success with him, but this is real life not a Happy Ever After fairy tale. I hope he takes a bit of time for himself and his family now. I for one would applaud him if he returns to AG with another team.

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

My thoughts exactły - that statement was very good, written in plain, easy to understand, language - something he didn’t manage in any interview I listened to ... wish him well though, obviously a decent bloke

Great bloke and family, done great things for this club, hope he smashes his next position and sure he will not be out for long, has to be one of the best young coaches in football, i am sure he will get a huge support from us fans when he returns to see us with another team, just like his Dad does!

Wish him all the luck in the future!

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Noticed he didn't specifically thank Jon Lansdown.

Yes, I noted that too.

Difficult not to like a hard worker and someone passionate about our Club. Certainly, it’s one of the best departure statements of the recent past.

Onwards and, hopefully, upwards.

Archived