IGNORED

Weimann

Lez

I might be slightly premature here but I do feel we should move him on in the summer. 

Whether it's up front out wide or in the cam position like today I dont feel he impacts games enough.

Yes he works hard but we want promotion and I dont think he is good enough.

Not basing this on today would be wrong to after half an hour ....but watching it he does stand out in a not bad but ineffective way.

7 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I don't think he's a MUST move on. He's been... okay. Some people defend him till the grave on here. There's plenty more players we should be looking to shift along. 

No issue with him on the bench.....but considering the amount of games he starts he is our most ineffective player.

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

No issue with him on the bench.....but considering the amount of games he starts he is our most ineffective player.

To be fair, there isn't a great deal of competition in the RW/RM positon he plays (Ignoring Eliasson like everyone else at BCFC). At the moment he's as good as its gets for us in that positon. 

An area to look to improve on in the summer for sure. I can't imagine he's on a cheap wage either with his prem experience 

I still can't decide on Weimann. I'm not sure if the issue is him as a player or the fact we don't play in a way that gets the best out of him but, either way, he has spent much of this season running around without really achieving much. If we aren't going to play in a way that gets the best out of him, it is better all round that he moves on. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I still can't decide on Weimann. I'm not sure if the issue is him as a player or the fact we don't play in a way that gets the best out of him but, either way, he has spent much of this season running around without really achieving much. If we aren't going to play in a way that gets the best out of him, it is better all round that he moves on. 

He manages to run around a lot and still not be very much of a team player. He hides from the ball. 

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think this sums up my thinking. Today in that number 10 position he has done nothing.....doesnt look a threat, doesnt look a creative force, doesnt get involved in intricate passes.

Game just seems to pass him by.

I've gone from being really enthused when he signed to being frequently annoyed by his lack of end product. 

People say he'd be better in a striker role but judging by the panic he has every time he gets ner the box, I'm not convinced. 

That said, I don't mind him as cover on the bench.

He's not a footballer.

He's someone that can run and run and run.

He's our own Forest Gump.

Most frustrating player in the squad.

His tactical awareness is dire. He's not a 'natural' footballer.

Very rarely on the same wavelength as his team mates.

You have the ball...and you want to pass to Weimann...he either goes behind an opposition player, rather than create an angle in space, run towards the corner flag, or try's to turn his defender and expect the ball to be played over his head on a sixpence in a space of two yards between him and the in coming keeper.

I've felt for Pedro and Jack this season...Weimann is a nightmare to have in front of you.

Weak link imo...a busy bee with no footballing brain.

Weimann is finished here for me. Just does not have the composure nor any final product for where we need to be.

I'm being cold, but I have to be as I'm biased as I quite like him for the work ethic, but its not enough.

Being asked to drop in with the midfield act as a link to forwards and get up with the forwards wouldn't be easy for any player, few glimpses where he could make runs from deep going through their lines. Needs a Nagy/Massengo with Smith rather than Pato though who won't drop deeper to help Smith. 

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Being asked to drop in with the midfield act as a link to forwards and get up with the forwards wouldn't be easy for any player, few glimpses where he could make runs from deep going through their lines. Needs a Nagy/Massengo with Smith rather than Pato though who won't drop deeper to help Smith. 

Paterson goal, assist and very decent tonight. Impressive as a 10.

Maybe... 

Weimann and Paterson 4-2-2-2? With as you say, Nagy and Smith.

Or, Back 3, the wing backs. 

Nagy and  Smith with Paterson just in front. 

Front pair, Diedhiou very decent tonight, again comes back into equation. Pick 2 of 4!

5 or 10 years after Weimann has left us will he be remembered for

his passing,

his heading ability,

his shooting

The answer is NO

He will not be remembered for anything he does with the ball, sadly he will be remembered as a bloke that ran around a lot and achieved very little.

As he is undoubtably one of the higher earners I would suggest he is not value for the money.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

He's not a footballer.

He's someone that can run and run and run.

He's our own Forest Gump.

Most frustrating player in the squad.

His tactical awareness is dire. He's not a 'natural' footballer.

Very rarely on the same wavelength as his team mates.

You have the ball...and you want to pass to Weimann...he either goes behind an opposition player, rather than create an angle in space, run towards the corner flag, or try's to turn his defender and expect the ball to be played over his head on a sixpence in a space of two yards between him and the in coming keeper.

I've felt for Pedro and Jack this season...Weimann is a nightmare to have in front of you.

Weak link imo...a busy bee with no footballing brain.

Absolutely spot on and 100% agree & no idea why he keeps getting selected

Archived