IGNORED

Kory Smith passing?

brady bunch

14 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Football is so weird, personally,  since the resumption   I would have said that he was head and shoulders over any midfielder we have!!

Forest.

Nagy proved to my more effective at playing the ball out, much more effective.

Korey is simply way too slow picking his head up, doesn't have a great first touch.

He may wriggle out of situations but most of the time they're of his own making. Seems to have lost a yard of pace due to injuries.

Great Service to the club for 6 years, but he's not up to this level anymore.

People stuck by LJ. 

Im sticking by Korey. He isn’t an expansive player. He breaks play up and creates space for others. He’s been no better or no worse than any other recently. 

I happen to think Nagy is a little over rated on here as it goes... as is HNM. 

I think it's a bit harsh to write him off at this level. He's always been a tidy player for us. That said, any chance of a new contract probably went with LJ. He can be upgraded on but if he's not with us, i'd still expect to see him playing Championship football next season.

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

People stuck by LJ. 

Im sticking by Korey. He isn’t an expansive player. He breaks play up and creates space for others. He’s been no better or no worse than any other recently. 

Really weird.  As every single thing you've put there, I disagree with. ?‍♂️

Korey is now a liability (from the best player we had at Lge 1).

Didn't see the game today but I've been at a loss everytime I've seen his name in people's preferred line ups every week and equally in the actual team every week.

Can't take anything away from him for his service to the club and the promotion season. But in recent years compounded by injuries he's been awful in my eyes.

Really like the guy but needs to be moved on. Think people have overlooked his downfalls for his great attitude and history.

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

People stuck by LJ. 

He breaks play up alright, trouble is it’s our play not the oppositions.

Great player when he was flying, injuries have seen him off IMO and he’s a shadow of the player he was a few years ago. 

If we genuinely have ambitions of Play Offs, he shouldn’t be anywhere near our staring XI next season.

And in terms of Nagy and HNM, I’ll judge them under a different manager.

I love Korey as much as the next City fan but he does have basic skills and those skills have worked well for him and side down the years. His usual quick feet, give and go, breaking up play.

But those basic skills in any midfielder are slowly fading for Korey now. He’s starting to look a bit off the pace. 

He nearly put their striker in tonight on goal with a giveaway pass, and this has not been the first time. 

Think we already have a better ball winning midfielder in Joe Morrell. 

Been a great player for us though and might be worth keeping as back up for his experience.

I also wonder if it would help if he was instructed to just win the ball then give it simple every time. 

We’ll know  the intent for next season when the new manager is appointed. If we’re serious about play offs minimum , then korey doesn’t even get near the squad. Way to much sentiment by some fans . He’s not the only one. Watkins, vyner, O’dowda, hunt, pato, weiman, Williams and probably a few I’ve missed as well. Great for the club over his time with us , but times up . 

37 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Always thought Korey's passing is underrated. Very rarely used to lose the ball and could do some nice chips out to the wings.

But tonight his passing was poor and he is beginning to look a much worse player than the old Korey.

Very strange really because when he came back from injury he was brilliant. Yet he is now much worse than when his first games back.

Not just today fella, Korey has played like that in all 4 since resumption. 

Korey at his best was a top Championship midfielder in the right pairing. I think it is fair to say though that he is now atleast a season past his peak. I can’t believe he’s only 29 still as his legs appear to have gone. Injuries have obviously taken their toll on him for sure. 

A model professional though & an all round great bloke who will forever be a City legend.

33 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Korey's never really been an expansive passer? Does what he's good at and lays it off to others, wriggled his way out of a tight spot a few times where others would have been caught in possession

Bit of an understatement re his passing imo.

But he is good at what he does, but that can only take him so far and I think he reached that point a while ago.

Unlucky for him that LJ got the elbow as he loves him, can't see him getting a new contract now.

I would keep Korey next season as a back up to Walsh, Morrell and hopefully another top midfielder.

Great to have his experience in the squad and could also do a good job at right back if needed.

I think many of us underestimate Korey, he is a very clever footballer and a lot of his work goes unnoticed.

Just now, JonDolman said:

So next season do we go with Walsh and Morrell?

I have not been that impressed with Nagy to be honest.

Massengo might well end up our best player but not yet.

Do we bring in 2 slightly bigger midfielders to compliment Walsh and Morrell and play 2 or 3 of them?

I am excited by those 2 because of their aggression and confidence in possession. 

Both very good passers of the ball, especially Walsh, who can also run and beat players from midfield.

I would say a quartet of Morrell, Walsh, Nagy and Massengo give us good options for a 2 or 3 man midfield. 

If we want some height in the mix too either get Bakinson in the squad or a loan perhaps. 

Archived