IGNORED

Jamie p

Oh Louie louie

He is not good / consistent enough to be a regular if we are aiming for promotion. He wasn’t good enough for Forest at this level, he wasn’t good enough for us as we loaned him out, and then he wasn’t good enough for Derby to want to keep him for the season. 

For all the Kasey Palmer love in on here for me he is still the best number 10 we have.

Only non striker who is likely to score now Brownhill has left us & as much a source of assists as anyone else we have.

Bit lightweight, tends to be inconsistent but he would always be in my match day squad.

Now need to make a decision on who out of Palmer & Szmodics stays as well, though that will probably depend on who we can move on rather than which one we would prefer to keep.

For me he's in the inconsistent pile with Korey, Baker, O'Dowda (although can't even remember his last good game?) Hunt, Weimann. All players I think we should move on.

No more sentiment with a new manager and a new start needed.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

For all the Kasey Palmer love in on here for me for me he is still the best number 10 we have.

Only non striker who is likely to score now Brownhill has left us & as much a source of assists as anyone else we have.

Bit lightweight, tends to be inconsistent but he would always be in my match day squad.

Now need to make a decision on who out of Palmer & Szmodics stays as well, though that will probably depend on who we can move on rather than which one we would prefer to keep.

Hardly ever gets any assists though, been many conversations on this forum about Paterson since he's been here.

He is better behind the front man/2 but still doesn't do enough. 

He's a 1 in 5 player. Has 9 or 10 good games a season, but the rest he might as well not be on the pitch.

I agree with the other poster earlier though, I'd rather see him stay than O'Dowda. 

6 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Hardly ever gets any assists though, been many conversations on this forum about Paterson since he's been here.

He is better behind the front man/2 but still doesn't do enough. 

He's a 1 in 5 player. Has 9 or 10 good games a season, but the rest he might as well not be on the pitch.

I agree with the other poster earlier though, I'd rather see him stay than O'Dowda. 

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but including his unhappy time at Derby he has provided 4 assists this season & scored 6.

Palmer has 1 goal & 3 assists.

5 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Now you see him now you don’t, 2 moments of brilliance we are 2 up!

how many Poor passes? Consistency would be a bonus

I think you've got to accept that any player trying to make clever defence splitting passes is going to make more 'poor' passes than those that take the 5 yd sideways/backwards option. 

He played much more freely last night (thanks to Smith doing the mopping up) and it paid off with a sublime pass to Diedhiou and a cracking free kick. If he made a few iffy passes, well thats what you get for asking him to play with some freedom and attempt passes that don't come off. 

His inconsistency may be down to LJ not allowing that freedom, just a thought (and the same may be said of Palmer).

34 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

For me he's in the inconsistent pile with Korey, Baker, O'Dowda (although can't even remember his last good game?) Hunt, Weimann. All players I think we should move on.

Extremely harsh including Bakes in that list given that he's arguably been our best defender this season.  In fact I'd say he's in the running for player of the year.

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Extremely harsh including Bakes in that list given that he's arguably been our best defender this season.  In fact I'd say he's in the running for player of the year.

Completely agree on his performance but he just can't stay fit for a season. His injury record is way to consistent. He's averaged about 75% of games played going back 7 years even at Villa. That's not including his worst seasons like last season where he managed 16 appearances. I just feel like we need a more solid pairing or part of a 3 that's not constantly rotated due to injury.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Been his best spell at the club since he returned from derby id say.

Certainly his most consistent.

Last 3 games i saw him play, he gave his all. didnt see last night.

Worth keeping id say.

2 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

While he played well last night I can't help but feel we should be looking for better. That goes for a couple more areas too.

Judge him over the whole spell he has had with us not just on a couple of games

Sadly not up to the levels we need if we are going to push on

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

I'd put O'Dowda on the "consistently proves beyond any reasonable doubt that the decision to reward him with a new contract was a complete shambles" pile..............

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but including his unhappy time at Derby he has provided 4 assists this season & scored 6.

Palmer has 1 goal & 3 assists.

Yeah Palmer hasn't been great but then Palmer hasn't been afforded a decent run. 

4 assists this season, 4 assists last season from Paterson is pretty poor. Especially considering the amount of minutes he got last season in particular.

One of a few players that we definitely need to look to improve on or we will continue to stagnate in this division.

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Yeah I think if, say, Walsh had made that assist and scored that FK last night OTIB would be creaming itself. 

Paterson was very good last night. Surely worth keeping.

One performance does not maketh a player.

Issue with Pato he has games like yesterday and Forest '17 in his locker.

Between points in time, the locker is a janitors closet.

Very, very, inconsistent.

Archived