IGNORED

Another club statement about Lee Johnson - getting too much IMO

CodeRed

Personally I think this is getting OTT now

image.png.8985e0626d0f474ddb6c735626f9991d.png

Club Statement Lee Johnson

Following the departure of Lee Johnson and in recognition of the high regard he is held in by many supporters, and the affection Lee himself retains for the club we propose to mark his time at Bristol City in three ways.

1.    From noon today a Facebook page will be available for supporters to leave their own personal messages of thanks and tributes to Lee. Details will be on the club official website when finalised.

2.    Links to a JustGiving Page will also be made available to enable supporters to make a small contribution to a suitable gift for Lee. Suggestions from supporters would be welcomed.

3.    Finally before the home game with Stoke City on 15th July there will be a one minute period of applause by all members of staff and playing staff at BCFC to thank Lee for his contribution to the Bristol City journey. We invite supporters to join in at home and send video clips to the club media department who will create a montage of clips to be made available for Lee and his family to watch at his home.

The club hopes supporters will appreciated these initiatives and participate fully in these tributes.

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Following the departure of Lee Johnson and in recognition of the high regard he is held in by many supporters, and the affection Lee himself retains for the club we propose to mark his time at Bristol City in three ways.

1.    From noon today a Facebook page will be available for supporters to leave their own personal messages of thanks and tributes to Lee. Details will be on the club official website when finalised.

2.    Links to a JustGiving Page will also be made available to enable supporters to make a small contribution to a suitable gift for Lee. Suggestions from supporters would be welcomed.

3.    Finally before the home game with Stoke City on 15th July there will be a one minute period of applause by all members of staff and playing staff at BCFC to thank Lee for his contribution to the Bristol City journey. We invite supporters to join in at home and send video clips to the club media department who will create a montage of clips to be made available for Lee and his family to watch at his home.

The club hopes supporters will appreciated these initiatives and participate fully in these tributes.

Has he died ? 

Most strange. People tend to leave messages of thanks on social media these days anyway but a Just Giving page for donations for a suitable gift?

I was a big supporter of LJ but he was well remunerated during his time here. I don't recall us providing a gift for Cotts and he just achieved a double winning a league title with the most points City had ever amassed, and a Wembley trophy. 

9 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Most strange. People tend to leave messages of thanks on social media these days anyway but a Just Giving page for donations for a suitable gift?

I was a big supporter of LJ but he was well remunerated during his time here. I don't recall us providing a gift for Cotts and he just achieved a double winning a league title with the most points City had ever amassed, and a Wembley trophy. 

Hello young sir,

My dad was the first Nigerian Astranout but is stranded in Gloucester and needs to return home.

Please can you help by sending your sort code and account number and you will be greatly rewarded for your troubles sir.

Yours sincerely,

You'r Gullible

35 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I agree, it's a bit much. A FB page for those wishing to send messages, yes.

The rest is just…too much. We didn't have a minutes applause for Cotts…Did we have one when we won L1?

I'm sure people will contribute, otherwise it could get embarrassing or nasty.

To be honest, LJ might think this embarrassing and unnecessary. I certainly would.

Archived