IGNORED

Another club statement about Lee Johnson - getting too much IMO

CodeRed

39 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Personally I think this is getting OTT now

image.png.8985e0626d0f474ddb6c735626f9991d.png

Club Statement Lee Johnson

Following the departure of Lee Johnson and in recognition of the high regard he is held in by many supporters, and the affection Lee himself retains for the club we propose to mark his time at Bristol City in three ways.

1.    From noon today a Facebook page will be available for supporters to leave their own personal messages of thanks and tributes to Lee. Details will be on the club official website when finalised.

2.    Links to a JustGiving Page will also be made available to enable supporters to make a small contribution to a suitable gift for Lee. Suggestions from supporters would be welcomed.

3.    Finally before the home game with Stoke City on 15th July there will be a one minute period of applause by all members of staff and playing staff at BCFC to thank Lee for his contribution to the Bristol City journey. We invite supporters to join in at home and send video clips to the club media department who will create a montage of clips to be made available for Lee and his family to watch at his home.

The club hopes supporters will appreciated these initiatives and participate fully in these tributes.

Code Red. You strike again. They bite again.... like shooting fish in a barrel.

16 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Hello young sir,

My dad was the first Nigerian Astranout but is stranded in Gloucester and needs to return home.

Please can you help by sending your sort code and account number and you will be greatly rewarded for your troubles sir.

Yours sincerely,

You'r Gullible

No probs.

Acc 97898854

Sort 45 67 89

Glad to help

Maybe I'm alone in this....maybe I'm just in a bad mood today, who knows....  but I just don't see the point in these wind up "joke" posts....there's no humour in it, and if anything is just used as a tool to show a lack of respect to someone who, whilst it was undoubtedly time for a change, gave his all for this club and was desperate to succeed with us.

I just find this distasteful, disrespectful and not in the slightest bit humorous, personally...

3 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Maybe I'm alone in this....maybe I'm just in a bad mood today, who knows....  but I just don't see the point in these wind up "joke" posts....there's no humour in it, and if anything is just used as a tool to show a lack of respect to someone who, whilst it was undoubtedly time for a change, gave his all for this club and was desperate to succeed with us.

I just find this distasteful, disrespectful and not in the slightest bit humorous, personally...

Oh the outrage of it all.................

To add some perspective there are people out there who find £1m+ payouts for sacked football managers extremely distasteful whilst they have been furloughed, can't pay their mortgage and don't know whether they will be in a job in six weeks time.

7 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Comedy is and always has been subjective to be fair.

I mean, some people find Mrs Browns Boys hilarious...somehow.

34 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Hello young sir,

My dad was the first Nigerian Astranout but is stranded in Gloucester and needs to return home.

Please can you help by sending your sort code and account number and you will be greatly rewarded for your troubles sir.

Yours sincerely,

You'r Gullible

Hadn't really woken up this morning. Once bitten. Twice shy. But it was funny. 

7 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

It's just not fair is it...I feel for you,. Personally I'm gutted I can't pop by his Clifton flat and give him a little cuddle.  But there you are- we all have to man up at difficult moments like this.     Have you thought of writing him a letter to let him know you care and that you haven't forgotten him? I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

15 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I think your emotional reaction to a joke is well over the top.

I, and many others by the look of it, thought CR's post funny.

But we're all different, clearly.

32 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

What do you find humorous generally, as a matter of interest?

I did genuinely check the OS after reading this to see if it was real. Good one!

I wouldn't put this one past them in all seriousness

"1.    From noon today a Facebook page will be available for supporters to leave their own personal messages of thanks and tributes to Lee. Details will be on the club official website when finalised."

44 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

What do you find humorous generally, as a matter of interest?

I've got quite a broad sense of humour.  In terms of stand up I like anything from the crass style of Jimmy Carr to the groan-worthy one-liners from Gary Delaney to the clever observational comedy of Bob Monkhouse.  Sit-coms such as Fools and Horses, Big Bang, Inbetweeners etc (so again, various styles).  Stuff like Mrs Browns Boys and Miranda not my cup of tea.

I just see this sort of thing though as (intended or otherwise) providing encouragement for people to have another go at someone who has taken a battering already - I just don't see the point.  Like I said, maybe I'm just having a bad day, but hey ho.

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

To each his or her own.

To be honest I was very surprised we didn't get a tearful joint presser like we did for Johnson senior which would have sparked a lot of outrage no doubt, so a spot of piss taking of a person walking away from a job with a massive payoff who certainly didn't get a hard time from the fans in a real sense shouldn't bother that person one jot.

Loads of players really try their best for the club but are clearly not good enough and are shown the door without sentiment so perhaps the outpouring of grief expressed at the departure is the cause of Code Red's humorous (to some) intervention.

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Personally I think this is getting OTT now

image.png.8985e0626d0f474ddb6c735626f9991d.png

Club Statement Lee Johnson

Following the departure of Lee Johnson and in recognition of the high regard he is held in by many supporters, and the affection Lee himself retains for the club we propose to mark his time at Bristol City in three ways.

1.    From noon today a Facebook page will be available for supporters to leave their own personal messages of thanks and tributes to Lee. Details will be on the club official website when finalised.

2.    Links to a JustGiving Page will also be made available to enable supporters to make a small contribution to a suitable gift for Lee. Suggestions from supporters would be welcomed.

3.    Finally before the home game with Stoke City on 15th July there will be a one minute period of applause by all members of staff and playing staff at BCFC to thank Lee for his contribution to the Bristol City journey. We invite supporters to join in at home and send video clips to the club media department who will create a montage of clips to be made available for Lee and his family to watch at his home.

The club hopes supporters will appreciated these initiatives and participate fully in these tributes.

In finest British tradition he will thereafter have to pay for parking.

11 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

To each his or her own.

To be honest I was very surprised we didn't get a tearful joint presser like we did for Johnson senior which would have sparked a lot of outrage no doubt, so a spot of piss taking of a person walking away from a job with a massive payoff who certainly didn't get a hard time from the fans in a real sense shouldn't bother that person one jot.

Loads of players really try their best for the club but are clearly not good enough and are shown the door without sentiment so perhaps the outpouring of grief expressed at the departure is the cause of Code Red's humorous (to some) intervention.

Jesus I'd tried hard to forget about that.  It was the height of cringe.

Clean break, all the best in future, move on.

Archived