IGNORED

Another club statement about Lee Johnson - getting too much IMO

CodeRed

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Gave everything ?

Sense of perspective needed at a time where NHS workers are dying during a pandemic methinks.

Completely irrelevant comparison. 

just because the NHS are giving everything to save life’s which we are all grateful for doesn’t mean nobody else can give everything in their line of work. 

4 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Personally I think this is getting OTT now

image.png.8985e0626d0f474ddb6c735626f9991d.png

Club Statement Lee Johnson

Following the departure of Lee Johnson and in recognition of the high regard he is held in by many supporters, and the affection Lee himself retains for the club we propose to mark his time at Bristol City in three ways.

1.    From noon today a Facebook page will be available for supporters to leave their own personal messages of thanks and tributes to Lee. Details will be on the club official website when finalised.

2.    Links to a JustGiving Page will also be made available to enable supporters to make a small contribution to a suitable gift for Lee. Suggestions from supporters would be welcomed.

3.    Finally before the home game with Stoke City on 15th July there will be a one minute period of applause by all members of staff and playing staff at BCFC to thank Lee for his contribution to the Bristol City journey. We invite supporters to join in at home and send video clips to the club media department who will create a montage of clips to be made available for Lee and his family to watch at his home.

The club hopes supporters will appreciated these initiatives and participate fully in these tributes.

If this had been a phish, there would have been some major bites and loss of money.

Are you a freelance 419er?

1 hour ago, warbie_118 said:

just because the NHS are giving everything to save life’s which we are all grateful for doesn’t mean nobody else can give everything in their line of work. 

He gave no more than any other professional coach. 

Unless you know differently of course. 

5 hours ago, Judda said:

No probs.

Acc 97898854

Sort 45 67 89

Glad to help

First Direct, Lagos Branch, eh?  I know my sort codes!!!

2 hours ago, warbie_118 said:

@CodeRedwhat an embarrassing post. The guy gave everything to this football club, and you take the piss even when he’s gone. Get a life

Welcome to OTIB.

It cheered me up.

2 hours ago, warbie_118 said:

@CodeRedwhat an embarrassing post. The guy gave everything to this football club, and you take the piss even when he’s gone. Get a life

"The guy" was paid a lot more than we could dream of, (and will be well looked after while he takes his time and thinks what to do next) what did he actually give us that he wasnt paid to do?

Meanwhile fans give and actually pay into this our club, many for over 50yrs now;

He is just another taking and then just passing through this our club. He will be remembered for a cup run and a record breaking non winning run.....the end.

In my defence,  I wake up 7 hours behind UK time so when I hit this forum I try to read as much news / opinions as I can before getting on with my day. Code Red nearly hooked me with this one as somebody else said, it wouldn't surprise me if the club would do this :laugh:  Top work that CR, in the tradition of Chris Morris this one, anyone for Cake?

10 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Personally I think this is getting OTT now

image.png.8985e0626d0f474ddb6c735626f9991d.png

Club Statement Lee Johnson

Following the departure of Lee Johnson and in recognition of the high regard he is held in by many supporters, and the affection Lee himself retains for the club we propose to mark his time at Bristol City in three ways.

1.    From noon today a Facebook page will be available for supporters to leave their own personal messages of thanks and tributes to Lee. Details will be on the club official website when finalised.

2.    Links to a JustGiving Page will also be made available to enable supporters to make a small contribution to a suitable gift for Lee. Suggestions from supporters would be welcomed.

3.    Finally before the home game with Stoke City on 15th July there will be a one minute period of applause by all members of staff and playing staff at BCFC to thank Lee for his contribution to the Bristol City journey. We invite supporters to join in at home and send video clips to the club media department who will create a montage of clips to be made available for Lee and his family to watch at his home.

The club hopes supporters will appreciated these initiatives and participate fully in these tributes.

Massive fan of your work @CodeRed  

I think what really makes it so good is the plausibility of it all - starting from number 1, completely something the club would do, all the way through to number 3, ridiculous, but you could just imagine it happening. 

Please now change your name. People will see it coming next time. 

2 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

In my defence,  I wake up 7 hours behind UK time so when I hit this forum I try to read as much news / opinions as I can before getting on with my day. Code Red nearly hooked me with this one as somebody else said, it wouldn't surprise me if the club would do this :laugh: Top work that CR, in the tradition of Chris Morris this one, anyone for Cake?

I'm worried it might give me Czech Neck. 

6 hours ago, warbie_118 said:

And was paid ******* handsomely for it and will be getting a whopping compensation pay out. ‘Gave everything’ haha. **** sake.

7 hours ago, warbie_118 said:

Please raise your hand if you wouldn't work 12 hours a day six days a week for ten years at BCFC in exchange for about £3m?

1 hour ago, bris red said:

And was paid ******* handsomely for it and will be getting a whopping compensation pay out. ‘Gave everything’ haha. **** sake.

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Please raise your hand if you wouldn't work 12 hours a day six days a week for ten years at BCFC in exchange for about £3m?

How much he got paid is no excuse for being toxic towards him immediately after him losing his job, especially towards someone who spent a large amount of his playing and management career at this club. Grow up both of you.

12 hours ago, Llama0 said:

How much he got paid is no excuse for being toxic towards him immediately after him losing his job, especially towards someone who spent a large amount of his playing and management career at this club. Grow up both of you.

Who's being toxic? Bit over sensitive aren't you?

21 hours ago, warbie_118 said:

Accepted, the bloke gave everything...........and receives a seven figure payout for failing to meet the expectations of the owner (that is fact not opinion). I accept that he is entitled to that money by the terms of his Contract and that football management is a very stressful job that deserves good pay etc. etc. etc. but do forgive me for not fawning endlessly over the bloke.

The NHS comparison is relevant, these people are not only giving their all but literally RISKING THEIR LIVES at the same time and earn a bloody pittance in comparison. They get my congratulations not a well remunerated football manager who will be back in a job within months if he wants it and who has the compensation of a mini property empire he's built up if he doesn't fancy it.

13 hours ago, Llama0 said:

People don't warm to others who get looked after and over promoted.

Words on a forum or the odd boo post match doesn't constitute "toxic" - he got an easy ride and may not find it so cosy in his next job, let alone if he ever did coach abroad.

Suggest you grow up this is a forum not real life.

All these newbies leaping to Johnson's defence makes me smile. Almost think its a Bristol Sport or Johnson family counter offensive. Wouldn't be the first time would it.

13 hours ago, Llama0 said:

I think the pro LJ brigade need to have a reality check.  

He got a very easy ride from our supporters, who in general are a pretty patient and tolerant bunch compared with many others.  This is a discussion forum ffs and to be fair, it’s been quite mild I think, considering the appalling football we’ve endured.

Time to let go folks.  He did an ok, unspectacular job but now he’s gone. You can’t rewrite history and pretend he was better than he was and he was never, ever going to unite the fanbase, so imho it’s good that he’s now gone.

In my almost 60 years of following this club, I’ve never known such a divisive character, so glad he’s now out of the way and I’m just hoping fans can now get back to being united behind this club at last.

11 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

He got a very easy ride from our supporters, who in general are a pretty patient and tolerant bunch compared with many others.  This is a discussion forum ffs and to be fair, it’s been quite mild I think, considering the appalling football we’ve endured.

Time to let go folks.  He did an ok, unspectacular job but now he’s gone. You can’t rewrite history and pretend he was better than he was and he was never, ever going to unite the fanbase, so imho it’s good that he’s now gone.

In my almost 60 years of following this club, I’ve never known such a divisive character, so glad he’s now out of the way and I’m just hoping fans can now get back to being united behind this club at last.

You slept through the Pulis era then?

3 hours ago, Nibor said:

Who's being toxic? Bit over sensitive aren't you?

There are individuals on this very forum from the point of his appointment have wanted nothing more than for him to be sacked. Yes, it was a divisive appointment, but a lot of people never put their support behind him. After every single loss you would see people chiming up on here calling for him to be sacked. Even when after we were in 4th this season, following the defeat against Millwall, those posts existed. I call that toxic and not helpful in the support of the manager and/or the club.

And then there are the pathetic people who constantly attack his height. Or call his appointment nepotism.

2 hours ago, Natchfever said:

People don't warm to others who get looked after and over promoted.

Words on a forum or the odd boo post match doesn't constitute "toxic" - he got an easy ride and may not find it so cosy in his next job, let alone if he ever did coach abroad.

Suggest you grow up this is a forum not real life.

All these newbies leaping to Johnson's defence makes me smile. Almost think its a Bristol Sport or Johnson family counter offensive. Wouldn't be the first time would it.

See above.

Mental health does not differentiate between an internet forum and real life. I'm not saying Johnson was affected by it, or even read these comments. But to someone who does it can have terrible consequences. See the number of public figures who have taken their own life this year due to social media.

Not a newbie, been a lurker for years. Just fed up with this place, this is the first place rival club fans come to for our fans opinions, and when its is covered with posts bashing the current manager, former manager, or players to this extent (by far the worst I've seen on any clubs forums). It gives a terrible impression of our fan base as a whole of which I've heard from numerous fans of other clubs who have visited this place.

Every time someone posts on this forum in defence of Johnson or Bristol Sport people like you immediately jump in and claim that they are family members. Why? What is so bad about others opinions that you need to make these claims? Its a petty rebuttal.

2 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Easy ride from our supporters? Don't make me laugh. See above.

You can't claim that he had an easy ride in one sentence, and then say he was a divisive character in the next. That would indicate he did not have an easy ride.

5 minutes ago, Llama0 said:

There are individuals on this very forum from the point of his appointment have wanted nothing more than for him to be sacked. Yes, it was a divisive appointment, but a lot of people never put their support behind him. After every single loss you would see people chiming up on here calling for him to be sacked. Even when after we were in 4th this season, following the defeat against Millwall, those posts existed. I call that toxic and not helpful in the support of the manager and/or the club.

And then there are the pathetic people who constantly attack his height. Or call his appointment nepotism.

There are always people who think the manager is wrong.  That's life as a football manager.  They pipe down when things are going well and speak up when they're going badly.  Criticism comes with the territory and frankly most of it has been warranted.  LJ had unprecedented financial support and has not achieved enough with it, undermining fans confidence in him with more frequent and drastic changes than Ranieri ever made and increasingly delusional assessments of performances. 

It's not "toxic" but once that lack of confidence passes a certain point for many people it never returns and LJ had several very long losing streaks as manager where that happened.  Once it becomes a very large section of the fanbase that has lost confidence it's not something that can be fixed so people lose their jobs.  Luckily for LJ he was extremely well paid and has a massive amount of financial security so fans aren't really going to shed tears for him.  I wish him well in the future but I wish he'd opened his eyes more when he had the chance and I'd been able to enjoy the football I'm paying for in the last year or so.

There have been very few people making personal remarks which I agree are unhelpful.  There was a nepotism argument when he was a player and many fans thought he wasn't worth a place in the side, but no nepotism argument as a manager - just one that said he didn't have the right skills and experience to get us where we all want to be.

I think you're overreacting to a bit of humour that was aimed more at the club's cringeworthy handling of many PR events than LJ.

8 minutes ago, Llama0 said:

See above.

Mental health does not differentiate between an internet forum and real life. I'm not saying Johnson was affected by it, or even read these comments. But to someone who does it can have terrible consequences. See the number of public figures who have taken their own life this year due to social media.

Not a newbie, been a lurker for years. Just fed up with this place, this is the first place rival club fans come to for our fans opinions, and when its is covered with posts bashing the current manager, former manager, or players to this extent (by far the worst I've seen on any clubs forums). It gives a terrible impression of our fan base as a whole of which I've heard from numerous fans of other clubs who have visited this place.

Every time someone posts on this forum in defence of Johnson or Bristol Sport people like you immediately jump in and claim that they are family members. Why? What is so bad about others opinions that you need to make these claims? Its a petty rebuttal.

This forum is no different from Derby's forum when McClaren got sacked, Stoke's forum when Rowett was in charge (in fact that was probably the most toxic I have ever seen any fanbase) and Cardiff's forum when things went wrong for everyone's best buddy Colin. Football fans are the same the world over and when you take a £600K per year job (plus hefty bonuses if you succeed) in ANY PROFESSION:

a) You cannot possibly expect that it will be EASY.

b) You know that if things go wrong you are in the firing line.

c) You know you will be compensated in some way if you get moved on.

d) You know that you will be able to get work afterwards on the back of having that job whether you succeeded or otherwise.

Whilst financial security is obviously no bar to mental health issues it does remove a degree of (not all before you miscomprehend and jump on my back) potential cause. We all congratulate LJ for working hard but it's no less than we expected. Working hard is not an "achievement" in any way, shape or form when you are on £600K per year, it's a GIVEN.

17 minutes ago, Llama0 said:

See above.

You can't claim that he had an easy ride in one sentence, and then say he was a divisive character in the next. That would indicate he did not have an easy ride.

WTF are you talking about mental health issues or suicides for ? No relevance whatsoever to the discussion about Johnson, who you acknowledge probably doesn't read this forum or take any notice of comments anyway.

I say he DID have an easy ride and being divisive amongst a very easy going fanbase when he has total support from the man who mattered means he had the cushiest job in football.

Archived