IGNORED

SL on talkSPORT...

keflav

Was it last time or the time before when we were looking for a Manager we were told that we would be ‘surprised’ by who had applied* Now we have ‘good’ applicants.

*It can’t have been last time as I don’t think there was any surprise when Lee was appointed. Must have been when we got Cotts.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I've got a horrible feeling about this appointment and I can't bloody shake it off 

Yep!,got a feeling we’re going lower league up and coming type,that’s not to say it might turn out to be our best ever manager ?

9 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Yep!,got a feeling we’re going lower league up and coming type,that’s not to say it might turn out to be our best ever manager ?

Hope not another up and coming. I cant take another period of "rebuilding". Now surely is the time to tweak what we have and just add the missing pieces of the jigsaw. 

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not sure why, but that short interview didn't fill me with confidence. Can't see it being Hughton. 

Nor me,  SL will stick to his model, he's just not comfortable with an experienced manager who would want more control over recruitment than LJ had.

If we'd have wanted CH we would have made a move by now I'm sure.

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

Was it last time or the time before when we were looking for a Manager we were told that we would be ‘surprised’ by who had applied* Now we have ‘good’ applicants.

*It can’t have been last time as I don’t think there was any surprise when Lee was appointed. Must have been when we got Cotts.

I think it was last time.

The surprise was that no one had applied because the job had already been given to LJ before Cott's got the bullet!!

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

At about 1:25 in, when he is speaking about candidates i swear to god he nearly said shit list, the corrected to short list. Lets hope its the latter!

All in all very honest

Yes we've rooted out all the exciting candidates, and now we have narrowed it down to the shit list. L1 L2 up and coming and you could put your house on it. 

34 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I've got a horrible feeling about this appointment and I can't bloody shake it off 

29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just can’t see them going for CH. Hope I’m wrong 

20 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not sure why, but that short interview didn't fill me with confidence. Can't see it being Hughton. 

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Anyone listening to this & still thinking Hughton, McCarthy or Karanka are under serious consideration is deluding themselves.

It is going to be a L1/L2 nobody.

Unfortunately I have to agree with most a few things said don't instil confidence in it being the type of experienced manager most want/feel we need... but you never know...

21 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Would be interesting to know what his definition of a 'particular type of person' would be. Does he just want someone to get us over the line. Does he want someone who will focus on the academy. Didn't really give us any clues to go on. 

I think it was very clear.

He stated he wants someone to get us into the prem and continue with the good work in the academy/pathway. If you need more clues than that, you have my sympathy!!

The vibes coming out of the club just don’t feel right.

With highly respected and successful managers like Chris Hughton and Mick McCarthy publicly declaring their interest, people at the club should literally be doing cartwheels, as I don’t remember us getting managers of that calibre interested in us before. Instead of that, the club’s response is very flat, with SL describing them as just “good” applicants.

Just doesn’t sound at all upbeat to me and I’m bracing myself for a big disappointment when the appointment is eventually announced.

With City’s generally piss poor record in managerial appointments, aren’t we all just setting ourselves up for another big letdown, if we hold out hope that they may get one right for a change?

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

"build on what Lee's done and get us to the PL"

That doesn't scream "will appoint someone from L1/L2" to me, but I could be wrong.

That was my only bit of optimism.... lets hope its true

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Anyone listening to this & still thinking Hughton, McCarthy or Karanka are under serious consideration is deluding themselves.

It is going to be a L1/L2 nobody.

Must admit I didn't take that from the interview at all. Which bits made you think that?

SL is very clear in the aim of Premier League football asap (I'm actually surprised about how explicit he is being about that) and appointing an inexperienced candidate is going to leave himself open to considerable criticism if it goes wrong. 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Must admit I didn't take that from the interview at all. Which bits made you think that?

SL is very clear in the aim of Premier League football asap (I'm actually surprised about how explicit he is being about that) and appointing an inexperienced candidate is going to leave himself open to considerable criticism if it goes wrong. 

Absolutely. As always, there are those on here who are being unnecessarily anxious. It obviously gives them some reason to type something, whether its based on what has actually been said, or what's in their head!

Getting to the prem league is his sole intention,So to me I can't see an up and coming manager being appointed after hearing that and saying that the manager needs time before the start of next season I can see someone being appointed by the end of next week,What will that shortlist consist of and who that's the question?

Archived