IGNORED

If you have a family, please read this.

oldstandrobin

As a lifelong supporter of Bristol City and brought up in the shadows of the Floodlights, please take a few minutes to read this. As a Grand-dad who lives with the possibility of a family split because my son in law ( who I have taught to follow The Reds ) dared be different and came from Ecuador, I never thought 10 years ago that even my life could be changed as my daughter fell in love with a guy when she visited Ecuador. I still thank the Lord it wasn't a Gas Head !!!

Please see attached a press release for the Open Letter to Boris Johnson that Reunite Families UK have published today which is live in full on the Independent site in the Voices section as well as on Reunite Families UK website.

Reunite Families UK have now got the support of Joanna Lumley - which is absolutely fabulous - as well as many migration organisations/non migration organisations/barristers/MPs and academics as well as over 900 affected families and supporters! They would also love to have the opportunity to speak to the club about how it can support the many families who – after lockdown eases. – will not be able to enjoy the great game as a whole family. For more information on that you can email my daughter who is the Co-Founder of Reunite Families UK at hello@reunitefamiliesuk.co.uk

For now, we are calling upon organisations and people to add to the signatures which they can do by going to their website page here.

With many thanks 

Dave Coombs  Old Stand Robin

MIR OPEN LETTER TO BORIS JOHNSON - FINAL 1.jpg

2 hours ago, Yank said:

@oldstandrobin  Very wrong indeed for these families.  Not sure if I can sign it or will even matter since I live in the States? If I can sign it, I definitely will but if not hope it works out for the best for all.?

Yank, should be able to sign it, I dont think it matters that you are from US. Thanks anyway

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Just signed, with pleasure.

Although we live in France, my wife is also foreign, though from a EU country, so we shouldn't have a problem were we ever to return to the UK.

There is also no problem for me in France at present....

Thanks Phil

1 minute ago, City Rocker said:

Signed. Best of luck 

Thanks CR

Archived