IGNORED

Final 5 Shortlisted - Next City Manager Poll

Dynamite Red

Who do you want appointed as next City manager/head coach  

916 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OTIB has spoken, after whittling down 24 managerial options we are  now down to the final five most popular choices, the winner will become the official OTIB choice of manager*.  

*This is until our dreams are crushed and super Dean Holden is appointed as manager on a 3 year deal.

9 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

depends if people have got a slice of realism in their vote. Personally I'd vote for Chris Hughton in a flight of fancy, but Paul Cook with my feet on the deck. 

Yes, the only ones on that list that you would think would definitely happen if we wanted it to would be Robins and Cook.  

11 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

depends if people have got a slice of realism in their vote. Personally I'd vote for Chris Hughton in a flight of fancy, but Paul Cook with my feet on the deck. 

Hughton has expressed an interest so I really don’t see why it’s not realistic.

I don't think Jokanovic will come, probably making too much money where he is.

I was split between Gerrard (exciting) and Hughton (more pragmatic). And decided to go with Hughton on the basis of "who would I rather have in charge in a rough patch".

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hughton has expressed an interest so I really don’t see why it’s not realistic.

Trouble is we don't know if he would only be interested at £40k PW and a has said he wants 5 players with PL experience.

Being interested is one thing, being realistic could be something completely different.

Just now, cider hoss rules said:

Trouble is we don't know if he would only be interested at £40k PW and a has said he wants 5 players with PL experience.

Being interested is one thing, being realistic could be something completely different.

Point is we don’t know it’s not realistic. We can speculate on reasons why it might not happen but we don’t know. Hughton’s no mug, I would expect he has a fair idea how we operate as a club and may well be willing to work within those constraints. With stability off the pitch and a great infrastructure there are plenty of less desirable jobs out there.

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Might just be paper lies though. 

It was Sky rather than the tabloids which makes me more inclined to think there’s at least a thread of truth.

But the point is I don’t see why some are so determined to rule it out when we just don’t know.

9 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

palmer,dasilva,kalas,maenpaa and one more,must be there somewhere

I voted for Jokanovich because of two promotions and playing with style. 

I’d be happy with Hughton, another proven winner at this level. 

In reality, out of those candidates Robins is the most likely. 

I must admit I wanted Paul Cook to begin with, and I still would be happy with him. Even more so with his comments recently over Wigan’s position - top bloke.

However I voted for Gerrard because how good would that be? Probably not gonna happen but wow if it did. 

16 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I'm interested in Natalie Imbruglia... aint gonna happen though

Oh I don't know.... when she gets on the double vodka shots and gets the beer goggles on anything is possible!   Don't rule it out mate 

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I must admit I wanted Paul Cook to begin with, and I still would be happy with him. Even more so with his comments recently over Wigan’s position - top bloke.

However I voted for Gerrard because how good would that be? Probably not gonna happen but wow if it did. 

Gotta ask... What would be so good about getting him in as manager? 

Forget what he's done as a player, we're not getting a CM in, we're getting a manager (or head coach if you're pedantic) I just don't see the appeal if I'm honest. 

Would be very disappointed with anyone other than Hughton. 

Archived