IGNORED

Final 5 Shortlisted - Next City Manager Poll

Dynamite Red

Who do you want appointed as next City manager/head coach  

916 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Akira said:

Gotta ask... What would be so good about getting him in as manager? 

Forget what he's done as a player, we're not getting a CM in, we're getting a manager (or head coach if you're pedantic) I just don't see the appeal if I'm honest. 

Would be very disappointed with anyone other than Hughton. 

I had a chat with Klopp Dog earlier...you mean all that's gone to waste? 

1 minute ago, Akira said:

Gotta ask... What would be so good about getting him in as manager? 

Forget what he's done as a player, we're not getting a CM in, we're getting a manager (or head coach if you're pedantic) I just don't see the appeal if I'm honest. 

Would be very disappointed with anyone other than Hughton. 

I think a good 80 percent of players performance is in the head. Nowadays player training methodology is probably well shared and known. LJ was well known to be an excellent coach on the training field but less good as a man manager.

Gerrard would command respect instantly. Can you imagine the young players such as Taylor Moore, JD etc listening to him? He would inspire them. If he surrounded himself with good coaches he would be a massive appointment. 

19 minutes ago, tin said:

I voted for Jokanovich because of two promotions and playing with style. 

I’d be happy with Hughton, another proven winner at this level. 

In reality, out of those candidates Robins is the most likely. 

What he said

How long would Chris Hughton be here?

I bumped in to John (NTTDS) the other day and obviously our topic of conversation was who was going to be the new BCFC manager (head coach?)

John made a valid point about Chris Hughton, if he was to be interested and accept the job if it was offered, how long would he be with us?

With at least 3 Premier League clubs likely to sack their manager at the end of the season, wouldn,t Hughton expect to be in with a shout of one of those positions and probably wouldn't think twice about ditching us.

Be careful what you wish for.

I'd like Jokanovic but he's currently employed and it ain't gonna happen. I'm ruling out Gerrard because I'm not convinced about his credentials in finishing second in Scotland and he might want to bring Ryan Kent with him. Robins might be tempted dependant on the package offered to him by Coventry but he would be a gamble too far currently. Which leaves Cook and Hughton. Cook would undoubtedly be the cheaper option but his credentials are excellent so I wouldn't be upset if he was the choice. But based on the 5 names Hughton would be my choice particularly as we hear he really wants the job and theimre is nothing to stop him starting sooner rather than later. 

14 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I think a good 80 percent of players performance is in the head. Nowadays player training methodology is probably well shared and known. LJ was well known to be an excellent coach on the training field but less good as a man manager.

Gerrard would command respect instantly. Can you imagine the young players such as Taylor Moore, JD etc listening to him? He would inspire them. If he surrounded himself with good coaches he would be a massive appointment. 

Could you not say the same though about Henry? Huge name, great footballer, played under one of the best coaches, in one of the best sides this country has seen. 

20 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

The problem with being star struck, it wears off.

At that point, you then find out if they are really management material or full of shite.

59 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

I'm still firmly in the Mick McCarthy camp but from that list it has to be CH

From shit football to shitter foo-

actually, anything would be better than the drivel we've seen since the restart.

Not MMC for me, but Hughton top of my list.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Well, it ain’t gonna happen for you tonight. :cool:

I will though tell her of your interest when she wakes up. 

I know this is a bit personal but is she torn and lying naked on the floor?

From an entertainment standpoint. Can only be Slavisa.

Basically; Heart - Jokanovic, Head - Hughton, Gut - Robins. I'll vote with my heart in a flight of fancy, but it aint happening.

It's annoying as SJ has a decent record on youth and promotions - both things we ideally want. Do I see us paying compo to get him? Fat chance.

27 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Still would like Jokanovic and I don’t see being employed at the moment as a real impediment to being appointed. We took LJ from Barnsley....

I think him being employed is the largest impediment. LJ still has 3 years to pay up on his contract. Jokanovic is currently enjoying a ‘highly lucrative’ contract on Qatar. 
It will take a handsome amount of compensation to get him out of Qatar in the first place, and then a further handsome sum to offer him to come here rather than sit on his existing (and likely larger) handsome sum in Qatar. 

I’d happily have him here. But getting him here will definitely not be cheap. He is likely the most expensive option of the names in the running, simply because of his current employment. So yes, it’s a huge impediment. 

5 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Jokanovic is on £2m a season with 11 months left on his current contract with Al Gharafa.

Exactly. 
He’s the most expensive option of all the names linked. 
Whilst I’d be happy if he came, it ain’t ever gonna happen. 

If Jovanovich wants to be ambitious, and I’m sure at his age he will be, he can resign and join us.

Plus, I am sure a lot of these managers who go to the Middle East will have some sort of clause that will allow them to speak to European clubs if they come knocking.

I can’t honestly believe a manager who has done as well as Slavisa in taking clubs up in this country has ambitions set on staying in the Middle East.

He can always go back to the Middle/Far East for a paycheque later.

Archived