IGNORED

Dean Holden / Ashley Williams

Davefevs

16 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I think Williams in a coaching capacity next year would work. For me his legs have gone but his defensive brain is still very much active. The new boss could do worse than keeping him on as defensive coach

The new boss would hopefully have had success, employing the services of a defence coach he knows and trusts.

Too many jobs for the boys at AG in my view.

3 hours ago, Roe said:

Williams is definitely a bit of a liability as a player:

Sometimes you need that kind of attitude, sometimes it drags the team down.  I think he could probably make a decent coach though fwiw.

I think a lot of it depends on the ability to self-reflect.

I think there is a real value to have someone who knows what is like to lose your head and make stupid mistakes if they can understand the reasons and work with other players on how not to replicate them. 

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I like Ashley Williams but I'd rather have Alby in the coaching set up. I don't know if he's got any of his badges yet?

In his OSIB interview he said he was more interested in becoming an agent than coaching / managing. 

It is fair to say Williams influence on the younger players off the pitch at Failand has been very good.

The big question is what he wants to do playing wise with Euros delayed.  Is it a year too far?

Ive got to say 8 red cards in 600+ games in the modern world of red card professional fouls is not that bad.  I’ve never seen him as a hothead per se....but both his reds with us were red mist.  There was definitely something going on between him and Watkins v Brentford...but he should know better in both cases of red cards.

He had a total meltdown last season for stoke and got sent off. Looked like a toddler having a fit. He's been off the pace all season for us, clearly knows how to defend but his legs don't always let him. 

Archived