IGNORED

Villa 0 Man U 3 - 30 mins to go

Taz

2 hours ago, Super said:

That penalty decision was one of the worst i have seen. Who on earth was in charge of VAR last night? Its a clear foul on the villa bloke.

The "authorities" agreed that all 3 penalty decisions last night were wrong and this with VAR being utilised. 

With the VAR replay it was blindingly obvious that Fernandes had stood on the defender. The Saints player was early already falling when he fell into the Everton. Defender.

In real time these, and the Harry Kane Inciden, could easily be misread. With the benefit of VAR there really is no excuse.

Perhaps  Tim Cahill is right I. Suggesting ex pros be used on the VAR panel s they will know how players react and how their bodies move when, as he described, when they are looking to win a penalty! 

11 minutes ago, downendcity said:

The "authorities" agreed that all 3 penalty decisions last night were wrong and this with VAR being utilised. 

With the VAR replay it was blindingly obvious that Fernandes had stood on the defender. The Saints player was early already falling when he fell into the Everton. Defender.

In real time these, and the Harry Kane Inciden, could easily be misread. With the benefit of VAR there really is no excuse.

Perhaps  Tim Cahill is right I. Suggesting ex pros be used on the VAR panel s they will know how players react and how their bodies move when, as he described, when they are looking to win a penalty! 

I only saw the Man U penalty from last night, but in real time it was another that looked like it could have been so you can understand why the ref gave it, but after 2 replays, you could see the Villa defender went to block what he thought was going to be a shot, Fernandes did a drag back, fell into the Villa player by treading on his shin, then screamed holding his ankle.

• Admin
12 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Only downside is they will be coming to Weston, Brean and Ashton Gate next season. 

They're already amongst us 

29 minutes ago, downendcity said:

does the villa one balance out the horrendous mistake vs Sheffield United 

12 minutes ago, grifty said:

I only saw the Man U penalty from last night, but in real time it was another that looked like it could have been so you can understand why the ref gave it, but after 2 replays, you could see the Villa defender went to block what he thought was going to be a shot, Fernandes did a drag back, fell into the Villa player by treading on his shin, then screamed holding his ankle.

This is the issue. 

If, with benefit of VAR replys every viewer and pundit could see the correct decision, then why couldn't the VAR panel? 

It seems they are more concerned about not undermining the on field referee than ensuring the right decision is made - the reason for which I thought VAR was introduced. 

24 minutes ago, downendcity said:

To quote Gordon Strachan “refs know the rules, but they don’t know the game”.  I don’t agree with much he says, but he’s spot on with that one.

There has to be some way of getting refs involved with clubs on a day to day basis (without creating bias) to better understand the footballers side of the rules.  Forget offside and goal-line tech, most of the VAR debate is about fouls.  At the end of the day the rules are interpretable by the ref and by the players.  Let’s try and get them together to understand each other’s viewpoint.

A little nudge on Salah or James running at full-tilt can cause them to stumble over several yards and then fall.  It is not a dive. Players and coaches need to educate refs.  The Refs associations need to be willing to learn.

On the flip side, players need to stop conning refs.

If refs saw players in training, blocking off, pulling shirts, etc, they’d be better prepared for a match.

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

They're already amongst us 

does the villa one balance out the horrendous mistake vs Sheffield United 

It's not about balancing out, with VAR reviews they shouldn't be getting such obvious decisions wrong in the first place! 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

To quote Gordon Strachan “refs know the rules, but they don’t know the game”.  I don’t agree with much he says, but he’s spot on with that one.

There has to be some way of getting refs involved with clubs on a day to day basis (without creating bias) to better understand the footballers side of the rules.  Forget offside and goal-line tech, most of the VAR debate is about fouls.  At the end of the day the rules are interpretable by the ref and by the players.  Let’s try and get them together to understand each other’s viewpoint.

A little nudge on Salah or James running at full-tilt can cause them to stumble over several yards and then fall.  It is not a dive. Players and coaches need to educate refs.  The Refs associations need to be willing to learn.

On the flip side, players need to stop conning refs.

If refs saw players in training, blocking off, pulling shirts, etc, they’d be better prepared for a match.

Don't get me started on shirt pulling or holding at corners and free kicks!

:grr:

26 minutes ago, downendcity said:

This is the issue. 

If, with benefit of VAR replys every viewer and pundit could see the correct decision, then why couldn't the VAR panel? 

It seems they are more concerned about not undermining the on field referee than ensuring the right decision is made - the reason for which I thought VAR was introduced. 

Are you suggesting that someone who operated the VAR didn’t want Villa to win ? 
:laughcont:

I have to say that i have lost all respect for Solksjaer, after he stated that in his opinion it was defintely a penalty when Fernandes stamped on Kones?   'The boy sticks out his leg, Fernandes does a brilliant Maradona/Zidane turn and lands on his leg" Spake the Norweigan Gnome.  Solksjaer was an excellent footballer, so if he cannot see that this was NOT a penalty, he needs to look again, show some honesty, and tell the truth. It was not a brilliant turn, however good a player Fernandes is, he got the turn completely wrong, and if anything Fernandes should have got a yellow card for a stamp?  VAR Phecked it up, and Solksjaer should acknowledge that IMHO.

Archived