IGNORED

New man and Nagy

RedNachos

Nagy for me is a fantastic player. Technical, busy and can read the game. However, since the loss of Brownhill, we haven't had anyone to connect defence to attack, so we end up lumping it  to Fammy for 90. Walsh and Morrell deserve a chance to fill Brownhill's boots, to sweep up, carry the ball and play a killer pass (we've been lacking that as well, with no Palmer in the side) if they deliver, Nagy for me will be a star, so it's up to the new man to come in and work the midfield.

So Stefan Schwaab, Will Vaulks and Patrick Erras can all do one.

5 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

He looked great in the first 2 games of the season, hopefully that's a better representation of his actual level than what we've seen since.

Our style does not suit him, or at least Lee's doesn't.

With a different formation and mentality Championship TOTS.

Personally I don’t see what Nagy provides. 
Next season I’d happily see Morrell & Walsh as a central pair, with one of Palmer/Pato/Szmodics ahead of them. 
I’m not at all bothered if Nagy isn’t here next year. 

CM choices of Nagy, massengo, Walsh and morrell.

AM choices of Palmer and Szmodics.

id be happy to go with those tbh so long as they can be coached well and set up well.

rather any money we had to spent was done on a new striker and/or RB.

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

Next season I’d happily see Morrell & Walsh as a central pair, with one of Palmer/Pato/Szmodics ahead of them. 

I’ll give him this summer break to get himself fully fit and with a new management team to really judge him.

Not been impressed though.

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think even Walsh and Morrell would get outnumbered and outmaneuvered- you play Leeds, you play Brentford- they are good players but 2 v 3 poses an issue!

Whether Nagy started is a separate issue but I believe he would likely better look better in a) A fairly dominant possession based side or b) A general CM three but I think he's good technically, with the right players around he can show it more readily.

1 hour ago, RedNachos said:

Nagy for me is a fantastic player. Technical, busy and can read the game. However, since the loss of Brownhill, we haven't had anyone to connect defence to attack, so we end up lumping it  to Fammy for 90. Walsh and Morrell deserve a chance to fill Brownhill's boots, to sweep up, carry the ball and play a killer pass (we've been lacking that as well, with no Palmer in the side) if they deliver, Nagy for me will be a star, so it's up to the new man to come in and work the midfield.

So Stefan Schwaab, Will Vaulks and Patrick Erras can all do one.

He is our best midfielder. He also has considerably better vision than anyone in our side this season.

When we are having spells of possession everything tends to go through him....and he is looking for runs and balls that players arent making. Always looks to pass the ball forward.

He is lightweight and would be far better in a side that dominates the ball.

But definitely one of our best players when fit.....am looking forward to him and Walsh in our side next season with an enforcer behind them.

Either way, unless he is sold I can see him playing a big role for us next season.

I remember the game against Charlton earlier in the season at the Valley, other than Eliasson he was streets ahead of anyone on the pitch.

44 minutes ago, Harry said:

That's because you dont understand football.

We need at least 3 in midfield, simple as. And I wouldn’t include an attacking midfielder (take your pick of Palmer / Pato / Szmodics) in that 3.

Nagy plus 2 out of 3 from Morrell, Walsh or Massengo seems likely, unless we can get a big physical midfielder.

Lez mate, sometimes you just have to accept that people may have a different opinion than yourself.

You keep going on about how your knowledge of football is far superior to everyone else's, and you're always having a pop at different people saying they haven't got a clue what they're talking about, it becomes tiresome after a while.

Yes we know you rate Nagy, you actually said he was the best player in the championship, I hope it turns out to be true. Other people disagree with you, that's fine, can you not just respect other people's opinions? You just make yourself look like a bit of a sad t##t by constantly putting people down.

4 minutes ago, Packman said:

Lez mate, sometimes you just have to accept that people may have a different opinion than yourself.

You keep going on about how your knowledge of football is far superior to everyone else's, and you're always having a pop at different people saying they haven't got a clue what they're talking about, it becomes tiresome after a while.

Yes we know you rate Nagy, you actually said he was the best player in the championship, I hope it turns out to be true. Other people disagree with you, that's fine, can you not just respect other people's opinions? You just make yourself look like a bit of a sad t##t by constantly putting people down.

It’s alright bud. I don’t mind what he said. I’m not easily offended. 
In fact, I found it quite humorous. 

Although I never knew he’d said that Nagy was the best player in the championship. Now that is something I can laugh at. 

5 minutes ago, Packman said:

Its not my fault someone people dont understand football. The fact you're stating "opinions" shows how little you understand.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

So you saying you would rather see Morrell Walsh (never played together) and Szmodics ahead of Nagy ...... Riiiight

Interesting to note though - championship appearances 

Morrell played 1

Walsh played 15 times

Szmodics 3 times

V Nagy 21 times. Add in 90 odd games in Series A. 

Hope your not applying for managers job @Harry

Just now, WayOutWest said:

So you saying you would rather see Morrell Walsh (never played together) and Szmodics ahead of Nagy ...... Riiiight

Interesting to note though - championship appearances 

Morrell played 1

Walsh played 15 times

Szmodics 3 times

V Nagy 21 times. Add in 90 odd games in Series A. 

Hope your not applying for managers job @Harry

You understand.

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

Its not my fault someone people dont understand football. The fact you're stating "opinions" shows how little you understand.

I'm struggling to understand you at all to be honest Lez. 

Listen I was trying to do you a favour by telling you that you don't come across very well on the forum, hoping you might stop with digs but it looks like it's fallen on deaf ears. I'm sure deep down you're a nice bloke but just remember it's ok if someone disagrees with you, just let it slide.

All the best.

3 minutes ago, Packman said:

I'm struggling to understand you at all to be honest Lez. 

Listen I was trying to do you a favour by telling you that you don't come across very well on the forum, hoping you might stop with digs but it looks like it's fallen on deaf ears. I'm sure deep down you're a nice bloke but just remember it's ok if someone disagrees with you, just let it slide.

All the best.

You really dont understand. 

If someone says they "dont see what a player brings to the side", that isnt opinion.....that is a lack of knowledge and understanding.

If you cant see that then you're another one who has a lot of work to do.

32 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

We need at least 3 in midfield, simple as. And I wouldn’t include an attacking midfielder (take your pick of Palmer / Pato / Szmodics) in that 3.

Nagy plus 2 out of 3 from Morrell, Walsh or Massengo seems likely, unless we can get a big physical midfielder.

This x 100...though yesterday gave me a bit of hope that Pato may be plausible as the 3rd CM, vs weaker sides or at home vs middling to lower ones maybe? Or away from home v certain sides and him having a dual role... Still I broadly agree.

Agreed. I wouldn't make Nagy a certain stater but I'd say 3 of Nagy, Massengo, Walsh, Morrell- the 4th of those will be good cover, be able to slot in- champing at the bit. Probably need a 5th too and we know Rowe can always cover...could Korey be that ideal third man, or maybe we get Williams from Wigan- but as it stands and if Smith can prove his fitness and form correspond I personally would be quite happy with 3 out of Morrell, Walsh, Nagy, Massengo- 2 CM won't cut it tbh, not at this level. This was one of the things that got me most irate about LJ and his selections in recent times!

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

This x 100.,..thought yesterday gave me a bit of hope that Pato may be plausible as the 3rd CM. Still I broadly agree!

Agreed. I wouldn't make Nagy a certain stater but I'd say 3 of Nagy, Massengo, Walsh, Morrell- the 4th of those will be good cover, be able to slot in- champing at the bit. Probably need a 5th too and we know Rowe can always cover...could Korey be that ideal third man, or maybe we get Williams from Wigan- but as it stands and if Smith can prove his fitness and form correspond I personally would be quite happy with 3 out of Morrell, Walsh, Nagy, Massengo- 2 CM won't cut it tbh, not at this level. This was one of the things that got me most irate about LJ and his selections in recent times!

Very few teams in this league play with 2 in midfield and 2 strikes.....vast majority go for 3 in the middle and 1 up top. 

Just now, Lez said:

Very few teams in this league play with 2 in midfield and 2 strikes.....vast majority go for 3 in the middle and 1 up top. 

Exactly.

One way or another there are 3 GENUINE CMs in the bulk of sides- my main objection is that LJ was basically swimming against the tide, making an already difficult task even more so!

I'm sure it suits Nagy- hell it probably suits the bulk of our CMs, to have 3 CMs. Maybe a Hughton or Dyche style could make it work but beyond that...?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Exactly.

One way or another there are 3 GENUINE CMs in the bulk of sides- my main objection is that LJ was basically swimming against the tide, making an already difficult task even more so!

I'm sure it suits Nagy- hell it probably suits the bulk of our CMs, to have 3 CMs. Maybe a Hughton or Dyche style could make it work but beyond that...?

Well Nagy isnt defensively strong so playing a 3 would suit him.....I also think it would give him more creative license. He makes decent runs from deep Ala Fulham but he doesnt do it enough.....with extra protection it could suit.

Archived