IGNORED

New man and Nagy

RedNachos

20 hours ago, Lez said:

I didnt think anyone needed to be told that nagy has been injured for the majority of the season. 

Clearly you've been sleepwalking since August.

Not sure how your reply is relevant to my post at all. I replied to Harry and didn’t mention Nagy’s appearance record or injury toll at all. And now you’ve completely contradicted your own point above where you said “Nagy starts regularly for us...” - probably best to leave it there ... as you said, you know more about football than anyone on here ...

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not sure how your reply is relevant to my post at all. I replied to Harry and didn’t mention Nagy’s appearance record or injury toll at all. And now you’ve completely contradicted your own point above where you said “Nagy starts regularly for us...” - probably best to leave it there ... as you said, you know more about football than anyone on here ...

You've lost me.

23 minutes ago, Lez said:

You've lost me.

I thought I would - you posted above “Nagy plays regularly for us...” - @Harry replied to you with stats questioning your statement, I replied to @Harry saying (along the lines of) as you (Lez) are the self-professed most knowledgeable person about football on here you should have known Nagy hasn’t started regularly for us... then you replied to me saying “Nagy has been injured for the majority of the season” - so you’ve clearly contradicted yourself 

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought I would - you posted above “Nagy plays regularly for us...” - @Harry replied to you with stats questioning your statement, I replied to @Harry saying (along the lines of) as you (Lez) are the self-professed most knowledgeable person about football on here you should have known Nagy hasn’t started regularly for us... then you replied to me saying “Nagy has been injured for the majority of the season” - so you’ve clearly contradicted yourself 

When Nagy has been fit he has played regularly. I'm really not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

5 hours ago, Lez said:

When Nagy has been fit he has played regularly. I'm really not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

He’s been available for all 6 games since we returned. He started 2. 
That isn’t a stat that screams “regular starter” to me. 

Pre-lockdown. Since his injury return at Cardiff away, he’s started 11 and not started 11 (7 on the bench, 4 not in squad). 
Again, when fit, this doesn’t shout “regular starter”. 

I’m not sure why you are continuing to ignore facts. 

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

He’s been available for all 6 games since we returned. He started 2. 
That isn’t a stat that screams “regular starter” to me. 

Pre-lockdown. Since his injury return at Cardiff away, he’s started 11 and not started 11 (7 on the bench, 4 not in squad). 
Again, when fit, this doesn’t shout “regular starter”. 

I’m not sure why you are continuing to ignore facts. 

Please don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!!!

On 11/07/2020 at 09:38, spudski said:

It became broken...disjointed. There was no cohesion or understanding between defence and midfield and none between midfield and the forwards.

Everything looked reactionary rather than planned.

There were times when the movement was either nothing or un natural in footballing terms.

I'd scratch my head thinking has player X actually been asked to move into that position? Because the position was the worst that could possibly happen.

The worst for me was Weimann when he played wider right. Everything he did was in natural.

If for example Hunt had the ball wide just inside our own half with Weimann in front of him. The natural thing to do would be to come inside to create an angle. If he stayed wide to create space, no one dropped into that space to receive the ball. So Hunt could never pass the ball the him or into the space created. What happens next....it's recycled backwards. Or....he would choose to try and turn his man and expect Hunt to pass the ball over his shoulder into a space that wasn't there. Often with Hunt having two opponents in front of him making the pass impossible.

This happened with play all over the pitch. It truly was in natural.

It crossed my mind that these players were instructed to make moves...regardless of what was actually happening on the pitch. Sticking to a game plan and not defering from it regardless. As long as the player did as he was told, went into the areas requested and the stats backed it up, LJ could never moan at the player...as they had done as they were instructed and had the stats to back them up.

I noticed in a few matches where one player in particular took the game by the scruff of the neck and made natural moves that opened the game up. That player was Taylor Moore. He got loaned out ? 

We became a team of players looking to stay where they were told regardless of how the game was moving. It became obvious that's what they were doing in the end.

LJ stuck to these pre meditated game plans and hardly changed them during a match.

Players were shackled to these orders imo....and scared to not tow the party line during a game.

Palmer was a point in case. Being inventive during a game when the opening arose...was not what was planned.

It was Semenyo for me against Reading when the penny dropped for me.

OK, he was relatively fresh and inexperienced, but brought on as a substitute he looked like a robot. He was moving across the frontline in an almost comatose state with little regard to what was happening with the ball. Any football instinct was totally absent. It was the most unnatural movement of a forward I’ve witnessed. 

Sure at the time this movement was related to a rigid game-plan. It was if he was more concerned about pleasing LJ than impacting the game.

Archived