IGNORED

Give them ALL a chance.

Roadrunner

OK thinking ahead first practice match before the new season, i would like the new manager to start with this 11.

O'Leary

Vyner,Taylor Moore,Pring, Nurse

Walsh,Morrell, Szmodies, Bakinson

J. Smith, Holden, Adelekun

Subs, Wollacott,Hinds,Semenyo,Janneh and Adelekun.

Never mind about who could play with who. Give all the lads a chance some of these could save the club millions and become regulars in the first team squad. After the new managers seen them all in action. Then he may deside to sell them or send them out on loan. But please give them all a chance.

When you think a lot of the talk around the new manager would be if he would be prepared to work under the current set up, part of that set up was supposed to be about developing talent and selling them on for a good fee, but this season a lot of our youth has been pushed to one side. 

Most of our best young prospects were never given a consistent run or farmed out on loan with little reason. Taylor Moore being a case point whose loan came at a time when he was breaking into the first team. 

I absolutely think we need to get back to a more assertive policy of integrating the best of our young and academy talent into the first team because I think Johnson lost his way with that over the last season. 

Any new manager should be more than willing to look at the youth on offer and give it a chance. 

52 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

OK thinking ahead first practice match before the new season, i would like the new manager to start with this 11.

O'Leary

Never mind about who could play with who. Give all the lads a chance some of these could save the club millions and become regulars in the first team squad. After the new managers seen them all in action. Then he may deside to sell them or send them out on loan. But please give them all a chance.

Ok mate, there’s actually on 11 at a time

58 minutes ago, miser said:

Whoever we appoint,  I hope they can pass elementary arithmetic 

11 minutes ago, City oz said:

How did you add up that one 

He's just putting 2 and 2 together. 

13 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

When you think a lot of the talk around the new manager would be if he would be prepared to work under the current set up, part of that set up was supposed to be about developing talent and selling them on for a good fee, but this season a lot of our youth has been pushed to one side. 

Most of our best young prospects were never given a consistent run or farmed out on loan with little reason. Taylor Moore being a case point whose loan came at a time when he was breaking into the first team. 

I absolutely think we need to get back to a more assertive policy of integrating the best of our young and academy talent into the first team because I think Johnson lost his way with that over the last season. 

Any new manager should be more than willing to look at the youth on offer and give it a chance. 

The problem is, it's easier to blood youth when you are playing well, week in week out and playing dominant possession football. Bringing a youth player into a squad which has won 2 in 14, can't string two passes together and manages 1 shot on target every 3 games is probably the worst scenario to do it.

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

O'Leary

If you are not good enough you are not good enough. Well articulated Bristolian or not. Time to move on. Prefer "obviously" 600 times from someone who really can make it.      

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

O'Leary

Ah was hoping you did not spot my deliberately  naming 12. In my defense, sorry forward i moved Adelekun onto the bench but forgot yo delete him. Also Taylor Moore, is one person hence the comma. But we have got a lot of players that need to be given a chance and i hope the new manager does exactly that.Glad to know you are all out there.

In fairness to the OP, I’d be happy to see a number of those at the very least in the 1st team squad next season, if not the first XI. 

Id happily see starting roles for O’Leary, Moore, Walsh & Morrell. I’d happily see Vyner, Pring, JSmith, Adelakun & Szmodics as backups. 

It’ll certainly give credence to the youth recruitment over the last few years. 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

In fairness to the OP, I’d be happy to see a number of those at the very least in the 1st team squad next season, if not the first XI. 

Id happily see starting roles for O’Leary, Moore, Walsh & Morrell. I’d happily see Vyner, Pring, JSmith, Adelakun & Szmodics as backups. 

It’ll certainly give credence to the youth recruitment over the last few years. 

Not fully sold on O'Leary as a starter but agree with the general point. I'd definitely like to see in particular Moore, Morrell and Walsh get a proper cracking next season.

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not fully sold on O'Leary as a starter but agree with the general point. I'd definitely like to see in particular Moore, Morrell and Walsh get a proper cracking next season.

O'Leary and Moore can and will do it. Not sold on the others if we want to progress in an upwards direction.

Archived