IGNORED

Final chance for a claim at 6th?

ollywhyte

Just seen all of the current top 10, play each other this weekend ?

Fulham v Cardiff (Currently 2-0)
Derby v Brentford
Blackburn v West Brom
Preston v Forest
Swansea v Leeds

Fulham, Brentford, Brom, Forest and Leeds wins, combined with a City win would see us just 3 points off the play offs with 3 games to play. Albeit with an inferior GD, however getting to within 2 points going into the final day would at least make it more enjoyable!

Is there anyone still as optimistic as me out there?! ? Don't know why I do it to myself!

1 minute ago, ollywhyte said:

Derby v Brentford
Blackburn v West Brom
Preston v Forest
Swansea v Leeds

Fulham, Brentford, Blackburn, Forest and Leeds wins, combined with a City win would see us just 3 points off the play offs with 3 games to play. Albeit with an inferior GD, however getting to within 2 points going into the final day would at least make it more enjoyable!

Is there anyone still as optimistic as me out there?! ? Don't know why I do it to myself!

let it go GIF

5 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Derby v Brentford
Blackburn v West Brom
Preston v Forest
Swansea v Leeds

Fulham, Brentford, Blackburn, Forest and Leeds wins, combined with a City win would see us just 3 points off the play offs with 3 games to play. Albeit with an inferior GD, however getting to within 2 points going into the final day would at least make it more enjoyable!

Even if we win and the results go our way . We’re not good enough, especially in midfield . The seasons done. 
mind you, imagine if we win all our games , sneak in the play offs then go up . Imagine LJ’s face ?

11 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Derby v Brentford
Blackburn v West Brom
Preston v Forest
Swansea v Leeds

Don’t you mean West Brom.

troye sivan dancing GIF

4 minutes ago, robintherobin said:

If we had just beaten Cardiff we'd have a chance.

But they only need to beat Middlesbrough & Hull to finish above us, even if they lose today and their next game to Derby.

Plus of course we need 4 wins out of 4!

A point may have ended up as a decent one now!

Wouldn't bet against Warnock taking something from his former side. Hull may need points on the final day as well.

I'm a dreamer mind !

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I really don't understand people saying things are impossible when we've seen far less possible things happen in football every season. We win tomorrow and we are 3 points off playoffs. Of course we can do it. We might have to win every game. Is that possible? Of course it is.

Good to see I'm not alone!

16 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Football is a funny game. In fairness I also think it will be West Brom in 3rd

Think they will trip up over the next two Blcakburn and Fulham

West Bromwich will easily secure 2nd and rightly so. Brentford will **** up in playoff's for the 50th time and sale all their best players next season. 

27 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Brentford would embarrass us.

Spot on!

The question is why have we aloud this to happen? No disrespect to Brentford but resource, backing, fan base etc we should be streets ahead, but we're not.

SL - Please don't **** up the new manager appointment.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I really don't understand people saying things are impossible when we've seen far less possible things happen in football every season. We win tomorrow and we are 3 points off playoffs. Of course we can do it. We might have to win every game. Is that possible? Of course it is.

I’m not pessimistic but realistic . Come up against a decent side and where games are won and lost (midfield) we’d get Overrun 

The midweek games next week are interesting as well:

West Brom v Fulham
Cardiff v Derby
Millwall v Blackburn
Brentford v Preston
Forest v Swansea

While it's pretty unlikely we're definitely still in the mix, given we have 2 of the weakest teams in the league up next as well.

With our final games being against Swansea and Preston there's every chance this goes right down to the final game again.

The most frustrating thing is just one more win recently would've helped massively.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

:laugh: if me Auntie had a dick she would be my uncle.

2 hours ago, robintherobin said:

If we had just beaten Cardiff we'd have a chance.

But they only need to beat Middlesbrough & Hull to finish above us, even if they lose today and their next game to Derby.

Plus of course we need 4 wins out of 4!

No we wouldn't. Because we wouldn't have beaten Hull. And we all know why.

58 minutes ago, Roe said:

The midweek games next week are interesting as well:

West Brom v Fulham
Cardiff v Derby
Millwall v Blackburn
Brentford v Preston
Forest v Swansea

While it's pretty unlikely we're definitely still in the mix, given we have 2 of the weakest teams in the league up next as well.

With our final games being against Swansea and Preston there's every chance this goes right down to the final game again.

The most frustrating thing is just one more win recently would've helped massively.

Jeez, I thought this weekend’s fixtures were tasty!!

Lets see how tomorrow goes first....it really has been a bizarre post-covid battle for 6th!

If we beat Boro tomorrow and Swansea lose to Leeds we’re back in it. Stranger things have happened. 

Mind you, I do think we forget sometimes that 6th isn’t promotion. It’s probably just extending our season for another 30 mins until we’re 2-0 down to Brentford.

4 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

West Bromwich will easily secure 2nd and rightly so. Brentford will **** up in playoff's for the 50th time and sale all their best players next season. 

The same Brentford who have only once reached the play-offs in the second tier of English football?

Archived