IGNORED

Final chance for a claim at 6th?

ollywhyte

It’s only our current form and the pessimism since February that leads most to right off any chance of the play offs.

If we had just won 5 on the bounce and had shot up the table we’d all be quite excited by the prospect.

Hopefully we can win today, get a new appointment in and maybe the belief will return ?

15 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Even if we win and the results go our way . We’re not good enough, especially in midfield . The seasons done. 
mind you, imagine if we win all our games , sneak in the play offs then go up . Imagine LJ’s face ?

Perhaps Walsh can get in at some stage to provide some much needed skill and drive. 

13 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m not pessimistic but realistic . Come up against a decent side and where games are won and lost (midfield) we’d get Overrun 

Who is this Overrun? Frequently mentioned on otib,can we get him in the next transfer window? Think he'd be the right fit for our midfield! 

5 minutes ago, Midred said:

Who is this Overrun? Frequently mentioned on otib,can we get him in the next transfer window? Think he'd be the right fit for our midfield! 

Under LJ Overun’s cousins of Smith, HNM and Odowda were set up to fail....

352 is back under Holden!

3 hours ago, City oz said:

Well we are on a great run now as we have everything to play for. The players now seem relaxed after the last win. Mentally for the players and the Ashton gate team in general they all deserve some wins and a great finish to the season.

COYR

Did you just say we're on a great run?! I presume that's just a bit of humour!

We were bang average in our narrow win v Hull, not a team about to win 4 more games...

16 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Just seen all of the current top 10, play each other this weekend ?

Fulham v Cardiff (Currently 2-0)
Derby v Brentford
Blackburn v West Brom
Preston v Forest
Swansea v Leeds

Fulham, Brentford, Brom, Forest and Leeds wins, combined with a City win would see us just 3 points off the play offs with 3 games to play. Albeit with an inferior GD, however getting to within 2 points going into the final day would at least make it more enjoyable!

Is there anyone still as optimistic as me out there?! ? Don't know why I do it to myself!

If nothing else I admire your optimism Sir

17 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Just seen all of the current top 10, play each other this weekend ?

Fulham v Cardiff (Currently 2-0)
Derby v Brentford
Blackburn v West Brom
Preston v Forest
Swansea v Leeds

Fulham, Brentford, Brom, Forest and Leeds wins, combined with a City win would see us just 3 points off the play offs with 3 games to play. Albeit with an inferior GD, however getting to within 2 points going into the final day would at least make it more enjoyable!

Is there anyone still as optimistic as me out there?! ? Don't know why I do it to myself!

So glad you posted this. I was doing those maths too and working out if 70 points would make 6th. Ridiculous obviously especially with the goal difference and number of other teams but let’s have a go

4 hours ago, pillred said:

Well I for one would have loved to go up this season whether or not at an empty Wembley, we aren't in a position to pick and choose when we go up I know where your coming from but I doubt many fans would agree with you.

I would definitely agree with him. Football is about the fans not watching it on a screen. Screw success if we cant be there to enjoy it (all in my opinion) 

Archived