IGNORED

Terry, Bowyer, Neville

Kid in the Riot

Jesus... 

As a club, we've got the perfect chance to possibly get a manager who will take us up, and instead of bending over backwards to seize this opportunity, we could end up with one of these three. 

It's paper talk, so who knows. But if a manager says he's interested in joining, who has experience taking more than 1 team up into the prem, and just needs the tools and freedom to do it again, I don't see why we're not bending to that. Letting a coach have some say in the players brought in, especially when they've got the evidence and proof behind them that they know what they're doing, we should allow that freedom. 

We should not be looking at these types, I'd be f*cking insulted if the club went for someone like Terry to be truthful. We're better than that. Arguably our stock has never been higher than it is now. 

Ok It sounds like I may be on my own here but why not John Terry?

He is one of the finest centre backs this country has ever produced, played and no doubt learnt from some of the finest managers in the world. Was a leader on the pitch and clearly passionate about the game. He is young and ambitious no doubt he will have lots of strong connections in the game.

Yes the Ferdinand incident was dreadful, and he probably should never have shagged his best mates wife, but and I am only guessing if his character is the only thing people cannot see past, then that is a shame.

BTW I am not saying I want him as our manager as I would love to see Big Mick getting hold of this squad.

However if Terry did get the job I would back him like I would any manager.

• Admin

As soon as you see Dailly Mail you know how credible that information is. 

It's like anything City related not written by Gregor on Bristol Live 

This press releases are interesting with betting patterns too.

These people aren't stupid in what and when they release information 

• Admin
Just now, MC RISK77 said:

He is one of the finest centre backs this country has ever produced, played and no doubt learnt from some of the finest managers in the world.

on that point alone 

Aston Villa are awful defensively week after week, if he was such a fine centre back he should really start at his current employers 

14 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

He is one of the finest centre backs this country has ever produced, played and no doubt learnt from some of the finest managers in the world. Was a leader on the pitch and clearly passionate about the game. He is young and ambitious no doubt he will have lots of strong connections in the game.

Yes the Ferdinand incident was dreadful, and he probably should never have shagged his best mates wife, but and I am only guessing if his character is the only thing people cannot see past, then that is a shame.

BTW I am not saying I want him as our manager as I would love to see Big Mick getting hold of this squad.

Lee Johnson is linked to the Terry family, having played with his brother at Yeovil. Remember a televised match a couple of years ago when LJ and John Terry were continually shown deep in conversation.

Please let us wipe the club clean of all connection with the Johnson era.

Plus, is John Terry really the type if character we want at City?

Terry is probably (hopefully) angling for the Villa job when Smith gets the boot.

As others have said though, I would be concerned that Villa's defence is not great. I know you can only do so much with what you have in front of you, but defensively they are terrible.

If someone as good as Terry was, can't get them playing with a bit of guts and pride (if nothing else), then I'd worry what he'd do with the reat of the team if he was in charge!

23 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Lee Johnson is linked to the Terry family, having played with his brother at Yeovil. Remember a televised match a couple of years ago when LJ and John Terry were continually shown deep in conversation.

Please let us wipe the club clean of all connection with the Johnson era.

Plus, is John Terry really the type if character we want at City?

Considering what an insular world football is, finding someone who has no links to the Johnson family would reduce our options considerably.

8 hours ago, bris red said:

Christ, i wouldn’t want any of those 3 especially John Terry - blokes a ***!

Don't disagree, but Bowyer's hardly a shining example of tolerance and generosity either.  Bit unfair on Neville to be included on a list alongside those two

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

He's never managed a team before. I'm not having him use us as his practice team, I accept there's a chance he could be amazing and we would be very pleased with ourselves if that was the case, but it's unlikely. Just look at when Gary Neville went to Valencia.

Archived