IGNORED

Terry, Bowyer, Neville

Kid in the Riot

Not saying that I want Terry, but a majority on here will take Dean Smith and yet he’s the one buying and selling Villas defence let alone also working with them. 
Terry may of shagged Bridges Mrs but was they friends let alone best friends? We only assume because they were team mates. 
I said the other day, I suspect we’ve all got friends that when they were in their 20’s played around with other people’s partners. 
Also Phil Neville, seems like he’s being lumped into his brother’s management failures in Valencia. 
One thing is certain is both Terry and Neville have some great contacts to attract loans from high profile Premier league teams 

Still wouldn’t pick them as my choices though. 

One of the main talking points in football at the moment is that there are not enough black managers/coaches getting opportunities. The candidate who is universally wanted by city fans, who is interested and also available at such a time, is a black man with very recent success achieving what we want to achieve. Imagine opting to take a punt on John Terry who as many have already stated, is an inexperienced coach and more to the point, a racist. Mind you, judging by reactions from our fans to the clubs black lives matter social media posts, Terry would probably be an apt appointment. 

If we're looking at a recently retired player I think it's really important that they have the right assistant, preferably someone with experience and knowledge. 

For example, if Gary McAllister is part of the Steven Gerrard package, I can get on board with that.

Who would Neville be supported by? It's a big factor.

14 minutes ago, mozo said:

If we're looking at a recently retired player I think it's really important that they have the right assistant, preferably someone with experience and knowledge. 

For example, if Gary McAllister is part of the Steven Gerrard package, I can get on board with that.

Who would Neville be supported by? It's a big factor.

Hope is Scholes who can teach our midfield how midfielders should play.  But given his track record it will only be a few weeks 

8 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

Is there not a conflict of interests as Phil Neville is a part owner of another football league club? They may be 2 divisions below us but they might not be in 2 seasons time. 

This came up when Scholes took over at Oldham briefly. I think it's alright as long as they aren't part of the day to day decisions at more than 1 club.

Ideal preference is 

An experienced manager that’s won promotion from this league before (Hughton, Allardyce, McCarthy)

A foreign coach that has managed at a top level in a good footballing country. (Slot, Van Bommel etc)

Manager that’s got a team promoted from League 1/2 in recent years (Ainsworth, Bowyer, Lowe etc)

Then a former big name player, I don’t want to be known as ‘players name’ Bristol City. (Gerrard, Cole, Terry) 

Then Phil Neville. Terrible job with the women’s side recently. No thanks 

40 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Hope is Scholes who can teach our midfield how midfielders should play.  But given his track record it will only be a few weeks 

Imagine the influence Scholes could have on Walsh, Morrell and Massengo!

If we can’t get Hughton then I’d have Terry in a heartbeat........Connor alongside Mick.

I don’t know the facts as in depth as some here but it does surprise me that  an apparent “racist” like John Terry can get work coaching numerous black players without there being some kind of mutiny at his club and is even praised by some that have worked with him like Tammy Abraham. Is Tammy, who is a lot closer to the guy than the people who label him on here, wrong?

Similarly with Lee Bowyer, I don’t see an all white supremacist squad being assembled at Charlton and aren’t aware of any complaints about him since he took over. Are people aware of something I’m not?

5 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Just proves how "ambitious" we are....... 

Why? The club haven’t intimated any of those three will be appointed or even interviewed to my knowledge? Dopey could put his hat in the ring but that’s got nothing to do whatsoever with the club.

I wouldn't want any of them and if we are going down this route then the clubs ambition needs to be questioned.  Where we are now as a club, it's either go big or go home IMO. I'd rather have kept LJ than have any of the three mentioned.  Let's hope it nonsense.  

2 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Not saying that I want Terry, but a majority on here will take Dean Smith and yet he’s the one buying and selling Villas defence let alone also working with them. 
Terry may of shagged Bridges Mrs but was they friends let alone best friends? We only assume because they were team mates. 
I said the other day, I suspect we’ve all got friends that when they were in their 20’s played around with other people’s partners. 
Also Phil Neville, seems like he’s being lumped into his brother’s management failures in Valencia. 
One thing is certain is both Terry and Neville have some great contacts to attract loans from high profile Premier league teams 

Still wouldn’t pick them as my choices though. 

image.gif.ddb8122febeeaa84f97ee6e0c655c5ec.gif

image.gif

image.gif

12 minutes ago, The Bard said:

On another thread I said we could do a lot worse than Emma Hayes...

She's a successful manager in the women's game at least. Unlike 1 of those..

I’m hoping for someone “we couldn’t realistically do BETTER than” rather than someone we could do a lot worse than. The latter tag applies to a lot of managers and if want to progress we’ve got to bring in the best we can get that’s out there and willing to come.

50 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If we can’t get Hughton then I’d have Terry in a heartbeat........Connor alongside Mick.

I don’t know the facts as in depth as some here but it does surprise me that  an apparent “racist” like John Terry can get work coaching numerous black players without there being some kind of mutiny at his club and is even praised by some that have worked with him like Tammy Abraham. Is Tammy, who is a lot closer to the guy than the people who label him on here, wrong?

Similarly with Lee Bowyer, I don’t see an all white supremacist squad being assembled at Charlton and aren’t aware of any complaints about him since he took over. Are people aware of something I’m not?

Lee Bowyer has history with an incident when he was a player. It also involved a Mr Woodgate.

IMO an important role a manager has is boosting the profile of the club and creating links with bigger clubs to enable us to sign a higher calibre of player, both on loan and permanently. This was clear to see with Frank Lampard at Derby last year.

while I’m not saying I particularly want John Terry or Steven Gerrard, they would both give us a huge boost in terms of PR and contacts. They would also have very good connections within the world of coaches so would have the ability to form a good team around them. Add in the fact the players would have a huge amount of respect for players that have achieved so much in the game and they start to look like decent options. The fact people completely right them both off I find strange, it either shows how far we’ve come as a club or our fans are still as deluded as ever. 

Archived