IGNORED

Middlesbrough v Bristol City Match Day 43

Septic Peg

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

Everything about that second goal was as close to perfect as you`ll ever see - Bentley`s throw out, every pass and Pato`s finish.

Come on, I couldn't of been the only one screaming get it in the box to the 5 waiting City players could I?

Agree with everyone else, brilliant half all round!

As well as the really good football on the ball, it's easy to forget how well we defended in that half too, pressing brilliantly all over the pitch and the three centre halves (+Fam et al) have been immense at dealing with the barrage of corners and Shotton throws all half.

Seriously impressive!

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I really do wonder if the major issue with LJ wasn't so much that the players disliked him as much as that performances were analysed to an extent that he inadvertently got them to a point where they were so worried about getting things wrong that they lacked the confidence to get things right.

Paterson in particular now seems freed up to play his natural game and it is making a massive difference.

I'd love us to appoint a manager next season who encourages the team to go out and enjoy playing. Structure, analysis and discipline are important but I wonder if LJ sometimes forgot that players had got where they had got to based on what they could do well and sometimes it is about building on that rather than deconstructing it. 

Great summary, particularly 1st paragraph.

You have to wonder whether the board are regretting not pulling the trigger earlier. What an extra win or even a draw in the last 12 games would have made. This was the season that could have been. We've got the players and now they're playing with a smile on their faces. COYR

Just now, City_USA said:

You have to wonder whether the board are regretting not pulling the trigger earlier. What an extra win or even a draw in the last 12 games would have made. This was the season that could have been. We've got the players and now they're playing with a smile on their faces. COYR

Play offs still possible. 3 points off as it stands 

6 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Does Ryan Shotton get paid by the throw-in. Lad will have sore arms after this game.

Should get booked for time wasting. Every throw is at least 30 seconds, some up to 45 seconds. 
If Jay Dasilva took a throw on the half way like and used 45 secs of the clock, he’d be booked. 

Seems to me these players are out to impress, Not sure what it is but players seem to get a lift when a manager gets sacked but it does show they are playing with more freedom.

I wouldn't get excited about appointing Holden just after a nearly two games against two very poor sides.

1 minute ago, City_USA said:

Let's not forget that Hull and Boro are both struggling at the bottom. We wouldnt be doing this to a top side.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Weimann and Paterson have their critics but good today! Fluid, a great strike by Paterson and Weimann got both assists.

We're nicely set up now, we can hit them on the break..onus is on them somewhat and as it becomes stretched perhaps we can catch Middlesbrough out.

Talking of players that have their critics, it was a smart throw from Bentley to start the move to the second goal too...

That was much better. Nothing too over complicated, possession football for a while too, but what has impressed me is our counter attacking breakouts with pace and stretching out to the flanks to create space for the runners through the middle.

Trouble with LJ’s philosophy was get it, piss about with it at the back, move to the half way line, drop back to defence a bit, then play wide, knock it around the corner flag for a bit, move back to midfield, a few side passes....bollox, get it forward quick, stretch them and don’t allow them time to get men back behind the ball. Simple, get them on the back foot. We’re doing that today.

Nice to see them going off at half time all smiles and congratulating each other. Much better.

More of the same second half please. Don’t get the ‘hold onto this‘ thoughts which force us deep. Just keep playing.

COYR!!!!

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Should get booked for time wasting. Every throw is at least 30 seconds, some up to 45 seconds. 
If Jay Dasilva took a throw on the half way like and used 45 secs of the clock, he’d be booked. 

That's Warnock's influence. How long did that Icelandic bloke take (forgotten his name) when Colin was at Cardiff. 

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Let's not forget that Hull and Boro are both struggling at the bottom. We wouldnt be doing this to a top side.

Fair point, however they're desperate for points and survival. You can only play what's in front of you. For the 1st time in a very long time we're focused more on our game as opposed to worrying about countering the opposition

4 minutes ago, westonred said:

It's no point talking about the play offs if we did make it we would never beat Brentford they are flying

Agreed. They're impressive

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think Benkovic still needs to get stronger which will come. But I hope we get him back next season. He won't be prem ready so hopefully Leicester let us have him again

Won`t be good enough for us then................................................................

Archived