IGNORED

Middlesbrough v Bristol City Match Day 43

Septic Peg

I put a £1 on City to be in top 6 at 200-1 after we lost 4 on the trot.

They are now offering cash out of £5. 

I'm not expecting us to get to top 6 but I'm going to let it roll at least one more time.

At what time do you guys think I should cash out?

1 minute ago, bcfcfinker said:

I put a £1 on City to be in top 6 at 200-1 after we lost 4 on the trot.

They are now offering cash out of £5. 

I'm not expecting us to get to top 6 but I'm going to let it roll at least one more time.

At what time do you guys think I should cash out?

Take the money now, I’ll give you another fiver if we finish in the playoffs ?

5 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Take the money now, I’ll give you another fiver if we finish in the playoffs ?

I've taken just over £30 last two games (I'm no high spending betting machine) so will let it go one more time.

39 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

A fair point but it took 9 seasons for Alan Dicks to gain promotion to the 1st Division. Name me a championship owner prepared to give a manager that amount of time these days. Certainly, no City manager since Dicks has been given that amount of time. 

What bearing does that have on my response to Northern Reds post. What I asked is what manager have we had since Dicks that comes close to Warnock ? Length of tenure is immaterial to the point. To use your response just proves that Warnock is far more successful and yet people on here fail to understand that and just want to slag him off for no logical reason.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I get on fine with Ian.  But I did enjoy this.

Only ever replied to him once. Wasn’t even anything troll-like or derogatory. 
Just doesn’t seem to be able to accept any opinion that isn’t his own. 

Just now, Harry said:

Only ever replied to him once. Wasn’t even anything troll-like or derogatory. 
Just doesn’t seem to be able to accept any opinion that isn’t his own. 

I follow Ian on Twitter and does talk a lot of sense re football and politics.

21 minutes ago, BigTone said:

What bearing does that have on my response to Northern Reds post. What I asked is what manager have we had since Dicks that comes close to Warnock ? Length of tenure is immaterial to the point. To use your response just proves that Warnock is far more successful and yet people on here fail to understand that and just want to slag him off for no logical reason.

To be fair, if I had to pay £500 plus per season to watch the “football” he served up as Middlesbrough manager today, week in, week out at the Gate I would knock it in the head.

11 minutes ago, Lez said:

I follow Ian on Twitter and does talk a lot of sense re football and politics.

Just don’t tell him he’s wrong on anything. You’ll get blocked. 
You and I Lez have had a few disagreements in recent weeks, but I certainly wouldn’t ever block you and I’d hope you the same. 
The bloke can’t take any criticism at all. 

Look at the Boro forum. https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/topic/10492-boro-v-bristol-city-1-3-assombalonga/page/30/#comments

Boro, meanwhile, are slowly but surely reverting to the kind of tactics Tony Pulis would approve of.

I threw up after reading that but Tallentaire is right, just hoof ball and long throws, no game plan, yeh we need to scrap and just do what we can to win but the players don't seem capable off doing anything other than hitting it long, hitting it over the bar, hitting it out of play, long throws, over powering set pieces and being slow on the ball. Ah sounds like Big Tony back. If we stay up i don't want Warnock here. 

Brilliant result and here's to bringing the passion we showed today to these last 3 games.  Also on a side note, happy to say am no longer content to be a lurker and happy to start posting?  On to Stoke we go.

37 minutes ago, BigTone said:

It has a bearing because you suggested a comparison between Warnock and Dicks, and then asked who of City's managers since Dicks has come close to Warnocks achievements. The answer is none (Cotterill possibly comes closest based on his record elsewhere) but in truth, although he took us to the 1st division (for which I'll be eternally grateful) Alan Dicks record doesn't stack up too favourably against Warnock's achievements either. I wouldn't for one minute belittle Alan Dicks achievements for City but was simply pointing out that other managers may have achieved more had they been afforded the time Dicks was given. 

27 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

To be fair, if I had to pay £500 plus per season to watch the “football” he served up as Middlesbrough manager today, week in, week out at the Gate I would knock it in the head.

Maybe so but there is no disputing his successes which is my point

7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It has a bearing because you suggested a comparison between Warnock and Dicks, and then asked who of City's managers since Dicks has come close to Warnocks achievements. The answer is none (Cotterill possibly comes closest based on his record elsewhere) but in truth, although he took us to the 1st division (for which I'll be eternally grateful) Alan Dicks record doesn't stack up too favourably against Warnock's achievements either. I wouldn't for one minute belittle Alan Dicks achievements for City but was simply pointing out that other managers may have achieved more had they been afforded the time Dicks was given. 

I'm not belittling anything just asking who we have had SINCE Dicks who has been as successful as Warnock. I just think respect is due where respect is earned. Most on here couldn't give you a logical arguement as to why they dislike him. Many say he slags us off when the truth is he has always made public his respect for us as a club and its fans.

48 minutes ago, Harry said:

Just don’t tell him he’s wrong on anything. You’ll get blocked. 
You and I Lez have had a few disagreements in recent weeks, but I certainly wouldn’t ever block you and I’d hope you the same. 
The bloke can’t take any criticism at all. 

In his own mind, he's the best manager that Bristol City have never had.

I'm sure that all of us on here have, at some point, thought we know better than the manager, whoever it is.  He genuinely believes it.

29 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I'm not belittling anything just asking who we have had SINCE Dicks who has been as successful as Warnock. I just think respect is due where respect is earned. Most on here couldn't give you a logical arguement as to why they dislike him. Many say he slags us off when the truth is he has always made public his respect for us as a club and its fans.

I don't argue with Warnock's success as a manager. It is better than any of our managers within living memory. I don't dislike him as a person and believe him to be very clever at deflecting criticism away from his players. Let's be clear, he doesn't make remarks off the cuff, he has carefully thought out what he's going to say to get the reaction he's looking for. But while I have immense respect for his achievements I don't like his brand of football which sets out to frustrate and disrupt the opposition rather than look to win games through talent and skill. I also disliked his ravings about Tevez when Sherfield United were relegated. Tevez wasn't responsible for the Blades relegation but only winning 1 of their 10 games was. 

20 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't argue with Warnock's success as a manager. It is better than any of our managers within living memory. I don't dislike him as a person and believe him to be very clever at deflecting criticism away from his players. Let's be clear, he doesn't make remarks off the cuff, he has carefully thought out what he's going to say to get the reaction he's looking for. But while I have immense respect for his achievements I don't like his brand of football which sets out to frustrate and disrupt the opposition rather than look to win games through talent and skill. I also disliked his ravings about Tevez when Sherfield United were relegated. Tevez wasn't responsible for the Blades relegation but only winning 1 of their 10 games was. 

He is a winner though

5 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Great performance. Exactly what this bunch of players is capable of...congratulations to Dean and Jamie who have clearly given the players belief and confidence. Any prospective manager watching on must be thinking that they can get tune out of this squad.

Results like this just show what a wasted opportunity this season will, in all probability, prove to be. 

Someone has rightly been held accountable for that. 

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

In his own mind, he's the best manager that Bristol City have never had.

I'm sure that all of us on here have, at some point, thought we know better than the manager, whoever it is.  He genuinely believes it.

I think Joe Royle's about the best we never had - applied for the job twice  (once when Coops got it, the second time McInnes I think it was) but ..... I loved TC but Joe Royle was top class. 

Having just read the full thread as I do after most games even those I 've seen live.

today I must have been in the Dolman sound was piss poor but the game was better.

as a supporter I want a been there seen it done it manager.

as a human if Dean does it for the remaining games, SL needs to ask if the players if they are happy to play under him. 

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Balls to that, I'd love it if he got them relegated. If only to dampen down the hero worship that some of our fans have with him.

You are clearly mistaking ‘hero worship’ for respect for the man who has won more promotions in English football history than anyone else ...

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You are clearly mistaking ‘hero worship’ for respect for the man who has won more promotions in English football history than anyone else ...

And just how many demotions has he also achieved?

Archived