IGNORED

Warnock

Lez

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

You judging a mans career on this game. Clueless 

Yea I'm judging it on the dire long ball set piece merchants. Awful football and glad I will never seem him managing us down the gate. 

Just now, Tinmans Love Child said:

So that’s your justification, 45 mins of football when he took over a struggling team a few weeks ago?  Hilarious!

Hoof.

Just now, GrahamC said:

His football is dog shit.

He could take over Real Madrid & they would still play like that.

Awful to watch. Football should be played on the ground. Imagine paying to see your side go long for the area and then just launch long throws into the box.

His Sheffield United side was not so bad. He promoted some youth, did so at Crystal Palace first time around too, not so bad to watch.

His QPR albeit high budget was not so bad. He got the best out of Taarabt, a wasted talent in general.

That said this was between 2000-2007, 2008-2010 and 2010-lare 2011.

Well past his best, his Rotherham side Halford one of the worst bits of cheating, then when I first started following us, I remember "Boring Boring Bury!"

Two games in 1999...who.was the manager I wonder! :) 

I think it is harsh to judge Warnock on what he is doing at Middlesboro. Taking over a new club to turn things around with that many games in such a small number of days is a nigh-on impossible task and, with the season structured at it is, Boro made the change way too late.

At the same time, he's not been offered a job by a promotion chasing team since 2012 (Cardiff were strugglers when he took over) and I think it unlikely every top half team has missed a trick in the intervening years. 

Warnock is a great fire fighter and will achieve things over the short term. But I get the impression the board want someone who can build something for the long term and I agree with that. 

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Corners and throw ins, corners and throw ins, corners and throw ins.................

Warnockball, shite.

Everyone thought it was wonderful when Magnússon did long throw ins for City. How can it be bad when someone does the same for another club? As for corners, you only get a corner if you are attacking the opposition penalty area. There must be something good about that 

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Everyone thought it was wonderful when Magnússon did long throw ins for City. How can it be bad when someone does the same for another club? As for corners, you only get a corner if you are attacking the opposition penalty area. There must be something good about that 

I didnt think it was wonderful because it rarely worked.

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Magnussons' throw ins were great option. However, we didn't build a game plan around them. 

4 hours ago, Lez said:

For those who want Warnock down the gate you need your heads examined.

Anyone who casts aside a long career of consistent achievement and elects to judge a manager on one match wants their head examined.

It amuses me when City fans sit on their high horse about entertaining football as if we’re Brazil 1970 or something. We’ve achieved virtually nothing in the last 40 years and we haven’t exactly set the world alight doing it either - not least of all this season, and particularly at home. Maybe it’s time we got over ourselves.

6 minutes ago, Lez said:

I didnt think it was wonderful because it rarely worked.

Wow you are a bit of a wild card.... I don't want him, but his record is unsurpassed, he won away in the week, and will probably save Boro, so why you should spout this tripe I don't know, you imagine you are the one on here that has all the answers, clearly you do not. Just give us credit for making them look so poor on the day...Lez?    

4 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

Wow you are a bit of a wild card.... I don't want him, but his record is unsurpassed, he won away in the week, and will probably save Boro, so why you should spout this tripe I don't know, you imagine you are the one on here that has all the answers, clearly you do not. Just give us credit for making them look so poor on the day...Lez?    

Yea we were excellent and they were dire. Hoof all day no way would I be going to the gate to watch a warnock side.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone who casts aside a long career of consistent achievement and elects to judge a manager on one match wants their head examined.

It amuses me when City fans sit on their high horse about entertaining football as if we’re Brazil 1970 or something. We’ve achieved virtually nothing in the last 40 years and we haven’t exactly set the world alight doing it either - not least of all this season, and particularly at home. Maybe it’s time we got over ourselves.

Who said it was being judged on one game. Yea I would rather sit on my high horse than watch a warnock lead us down the gate. 

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

Yea we were excellent and they were dire. Hoof all day no way would I be going to the gate to watch a warnock side.

It's what he has to play with, but agree his has limited success with putting out a footballing team, but he does get results, and for that he is a winner. 

Just now, Blackbird1 said:

It's what he has to play with, but agree his has limited success with putting out a footballing team, but he does get results, and for that he is a winner. 

Sorry that's bollocks, Spence and Friend are full backs who are decent with the ball at their feet.....and neither McNair saville clayton etc are big powerhouses.....as for assombalonga we know he is one of the best strikers in the league.

This isnt the rotherham or Cardiff side that he has managed before.....he has got very good players at his disposal and while I appreciate he is taking over a sinking ship this notion that those players suit just long balls is nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

Sorry that's bollocks, Spence and Friend are full backs who are decent with the ball at their feet.....and neither McNair saville clayton etc are big powerhouses.....as for assombalonga we know he is one of the best strikers in the league.

This isnt the rotherham or Cardiff side that he has managed before.....he has got very good players at his disposal and while I appreciate he is taking over a sinking ship this notion that those players suit just long balls is nonsense.

It's his way, it's what he does, he wins games with it, he is 72 and still a winner...not too bad eh? 

Archived