IGNORED

Warnock

Lez

He dont play attractive football but Boro is not a good team and he is there for avoid relegation, think they will stay up. Like him as a person, today he said in BBC that they were better than us and they got bad luck. He most of the times defends his team and have Always something to blame on when he lose. Think that is stubborn and a bit funny.

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone who casts aside a long career of consistent achievement and elects to judge a manager on one match wants their head examined.

It amuses me when City fans sit on their high horse about entertaining football as if we’re Brazil 1970 or something. We’ve achieved virtually nothing in the last 40 years and we haven’t exactly set the world alight doing it either - not least of all this season, and particularly at home. Maybe it’s time we got over ourselves.

I don’t think anyone expects us to be Brazil or anything like it. A few more performances like today where you can actually ENJOY watching it wouldn’t go amiss. I thoroughly enjoyed that today. Entertainment and doing alright in the league isn’t an either or option.

Neil is certainly a very big character. Would never want to see him managing us but he is great entertainment and I will truly miss him when he does properly retire in about another fifty years time.

Probably the last of a dying breed and another step toward the complete gentrification of football when he goes.Love it when he loses mind!

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Everyone thought it was wonderful when Magnússon did long throw ins for City. How can it be bad when someone does the same for another club? As for corners, you only get a corner if you are attacking the opposition penalty area. There must be something good about that 

There's nothing wrong with long throws, but when its virtually all you've got its not all that entertaining. I thought 'Boro were abysmal, in footballing terms, and it was interesting they only looked to have anything about them when they brought Roberts and Tavernier on and removed the long thrower. Thank god Colin will never be anywhere near our team. 

Same old same old with Colin.

The "He meant to crosh that, for the gurl. Ye can't legislate fer that. They're a good side, Steve's pumped lerds of money into the club.  We've had the better chances . . Etc etc"

He says the same things over and over again. He is so predictable.

He'll keep them up, but would I want him as the next manager?

No thanks

12 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone who casts aside a long career of consistent achievement and elects to judge a manager on one match wants their head examined.

It amuses me when City fans sit on their high horse about entertaining football as if we’re Brazil 1970 or something. We’ve achieved virtually nothing in the last 40 years and we haven’t exactly set the world alight doing it either - not least of all this season, and particularly at home. Maybe it’s time we got over ourselves.

CR, as someone who has watched them for over 60, I can totally agree

Crossing it? Seriously? The bloke does not know how to be magnanimous.

image.png.0a16c73eda7524cd41c821cfea5891fa.png

I think he may have meant Jamie Paterson's goal but your memory of the order of things happening deteriorates as dementia sets in.  I have seldom seen a more one sided game than that. 3-1 Colin, will you take Boro down or will you retire again before it happens? There is no way this man will ever manage my football team!

image.png.b5f87a7805bc7c89150e637074ce70ec.png

17 hours ago, Lez said:

Awful to watch. Football should be played on the ground. Imagine paying to see your side go long for the area and then just launch long throws into the box.

One of those throws almost undid our lead, have you also forgotten about the old Magnússon to Flint throws that served us extremely well? 

I wouldn't want hoof ball either but those tactics are strong when you have the right players for it. Had that ball ended up in the net from that throw in who knows, heads could have gone down. The simple fact is that we struggle defensively in the air right now, Warnock identified that and tried to use it against us and it did cause problems for us. 

Warnock may be a tool, he may be abrasive and he may play ugly football but with his age and experience he can get results given time with a club. We are lucky we played them when he's just taken over, if he keeps them up and does a few deals I could see them having a much different season next season. 

46 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Crossing it? Seriously? The bloke does not know how to be magnanimous.

image.png.0a16c73eda7524cd41c821cfea5891fa.png

I think he may have meant Jamie Paterson's goal but your memory of the order of things happening deteriorates as dementia sets in.  I have seldom seen a more one sided game than that. 3-1 Colin, will you take Boro down or will you retire again before it happens? There is no way this man will ever manage my football team!

image.png.b5f87a7805bc7c89150e637074ce70ec.png

In fairness that was a shite cross from Wells . 

9 hours ago, Swede said:

Same old same old with Colin.

The "He meant to crosh that, for the gurl. Ye can't legislate fer that. They're a good side, Steve's pumped lerds of money into the club.  We've had the better chances . . Etc etc"

He says the same things over and over again. He is so predictable.

He'll keep them up, but would I want him as the next manager?

No thanks

“He is so predictable “.  Very true - he keeps getting clubs promoted. How terrible 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

“He is so predictable “.  Very true - he keeps getting clubs promoted. How terrible 

I really don't get this '... he keeps getting clubs promoted' argument.

What about his demotions, the promotions he didn't get, etc.
Just what is the longest he's ever stayed at a club?
Why is he seen in a less than positive light by some fans?

Reputation is not just about promotion, it's the other trappings that go with it.
I've had the misfortune to see his football, and I really don't give a shit how many times he's been promoted, I didn't like what I saw.

19 hours ago, Lez said:

He does win games with it doesnt mean I would pay money to see it.

I’ve paid money for the last 50 years to watch City. Being realistic most of that time the football has been poor, with the occasional burst of good stuff. I’ve watched years of underachievement. I would definitely have preferred to watched the occasional burst of “Warnock football “ that actually brought success. There is too much rose tinted glasses view about how City have played. 

2 minutes ago, Isawjonshaw said:

Or the absolute wedge he’ll get for 2 months work if they stay up!?!  

Could be. He doesn’t strike me as the type to just be doing it for the cash though - he has a genuine obsession/passion with the game i think.

11 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

In fairness that was a shite cross from Wells . 

Yeah, it went nowhere near any of our players  (notwithstanding that Diedhiou was the only player in the box and was on the penalty spot or thereabouts).

Old Colin has lost it (not that he ever had it).

SL wouldn't allow that **** anywhere near this club and rightly so.

18 hours ago, Spike said:

We are lucky we played them when he's just taken over, if he keeps them up and does a few deals I could see them having a much different season next season. 

It was his fifth game in charge ... he will retire at the end of the season whether Boro stay up or not. 

Archived