IGNORED

Warnock

Lez

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

It was his fifth game in charge ... he will retire at the end of the season whether Boro stay up or not. 

5th game, so you think it only takes 5 games with no transfers, none of his players and he should be beating a team at the top half of the table who seem to have found their top 6 performances after sacking their manager? 
We had everything going for us going into that match, nothing to lose, all the players looking to impress ready for a new manager and arguably we have a much better squad. Warnock on the other hand has only had 5 games with no chance to bring in anyone to play his way and taking on the job of turning around a massively under performing club with major form issues?

I can't stand Warnock, bloke is a pillock but to think he doesn't know football is a sham. I did laugh at his crossing comment but that's Warnock for you, he is a sore loser, probably why given time he gets rid of players who don't have the same drive as himself and gets in players who will give 100% and get stuck in, and it works.

For the record, I don't want him here, he's not the right man for us but he's definitely the type of manager you want when you're fighting relegation, even more the manager you want when you're looking to build a solid, hard-working team over time with a transfer window open.

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think it’s quite sad how people put up with these dinosaurs because they remind them of football that doesn’t exist anymore. Like the way you put up with your grandparents when they embarrass you.

I find the obsessive hatred of Warnock by many on this site as a bit embarrassing. 

He's clearly a decent manager with plenty of passion unlike some of the other boring, monotone managers around.

Whether you like him or not....the game needs characters like this otherwise it would be full of very dull people.

I would much rather listen to the likes of Warnock, Roy Keane or Chris Sutton than many of the other football bores.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I can't stand Warnock, bloke is a pillock but to think he doesn't know football is a sham. I did laugh at his crossing comment but that's Warnock for you, he is a sore loser, probably why given time he gets rid of players who don't have the same drive as himself and gets in players who will give 100% and get stuck in, and it works.

He also says stuff to wind people up and, judging by some of the comments on here over the years, it works.

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

I find the obsessive hatred of Warnock by many on this site as a bit embarrassing. 

He's clearly a decent manager with plenty of passion unlike some of the other boring, monotone managers around.

Whether you like him or not....the game needs characters like this otherwise it would be full of very dull people.

I would much rather listen to the likes of Warnock, Roy Keane or Chris Sutton than many of the other football bores.

Being a nasty piece of work doesn’t make you a character, it makes you a nasty piece of work. Those shock tactics, “hairdryer” moments will work in the short term, but coaching is so much more than that. You can get a dog to do something a couple of times by shouting at it, but you can gat a lifetimes response from praise and guidance. 
I have always had my doubts about him, but after listening to Bradley Orrs interview, I realised he was an even worse human being than I thought.

Neil Warnock is a bit like marmite to be honest,i have met him away from the pitch and he is genuinely a really nice guy when he is on the touchline he totally changes.I dont know why that is whether its passion or his dislike of losing!Thing is if we were in Boros position of being in great danger of going down then i would be ok to have him here to try and keep us up just because he has a decent record of doing that.

3 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

Neil Warnock is a bit like marmite to be honest,i have met him away from the pitch and he is genuinely a really nice guy when he is on the touchline he totally changes.I dont know why that is whether its passion or his dislike of losing!Thing is if we were in Boros position of being in great danger of going down then i would be ok to have him here to try and keep us up just because he has a decent record of doing that.

My view - though I haven’t met him - is that he can be pleasant and charming when things are going his way, but is often very unpleasant and unreasonable when they aren’t. And I don't believe for a moment that that is an act.

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

My view - though I haven’t met him - is that he can be pleasant and charming when things are going his way, but is often very unpleasant and unreasonable when they aren’t. And I don't believe for a moment that that is an act.

I met him away from football so may be why he was a nice bloke! i dont think he puts on an act either

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Being a nasty piece of work doesn’t make you a character, it makes you a nasty piece of work. Those shock tactics, “hairdryer” moments will work in the short term, but coaching is so much more than that. You can get a dog to do something a couple of times by shouting at it, but you can gat a lifetimes response from praise and guidance. 
I have always had my doubts about him, but after listening to Bradley Orrs interview, I realised he was an even worse human being than I thought.

Let he without sin cast the first stone.....................

3 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

It certainly has come to something when people are throwing out bible quotes on a Warnock thread.

Lets be honest, this forum is more like a Jehovah's Witness forum than a football forum most of the time. We must have the most knowledgeable, judgmental and pious fanbase in England........

37 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Let he without sin cast the first stone.....................

Absolutely, I mean who hasn’t turned a blind eye to an employee spitting in a middle aged woman’s face just because she forgot something?

11 hours ago, Spike said:

5th game, so you think it only takes 5 games with no transfers, none of his players and he should be beating a team at the top half of the table who seem to have found their top 6 performances after sacking their manager? 

No I don't think that, but clearly Warnock had the arrogance to think so because that is the basis on which he took the job. Eight matches to turn their fortunes around would include winning some of those games. He's won two and lost three and is failing in his own eyes, not necessarily in mine. I hate his very ugly playing style and do not believe he would change our fortunes in any way were he to ever manage us.

My personal opinion, probably already listed above, is that he consistently attempts to create a siege mentality amongst his players and to try to give them confidence at every media opportunity. He combines this mental approach with a relatively rudimentary and pragmatic tactical style that puts the players, who he hopes are feeling positive and bloody minded, in a position to play football where it's actually quite difficult for them to make errors. Especially errors in positions that would be an immediate goal threat.

I have no doubt this is what he's trying to do at Middlesbrough as well and it's not quite coming off for them at the moment, for example the relatively hard hit through ball that ricocheted of their own player back to allow, I believe, Paterson to run on and set up Hunt. 

There is clearly evidence to suggest this works at Championship level and below and, I don't believe, it's too hard to see why there is not so much success to be had when the playing staff that he manages and are playing against, each match, are that much better when at the top level.

All that being said, his failure to punish Adel Taarabt for some appalling behaviour was a real shock and shows that even he can't people manage some players. In Taarabt's case he didn't actually bother. Hi method was to people managed the rest of the squad by effectively abusing their professionalism and trusting them to not cause an issue with his lack of action even though they had come to him and demanded he do something about it.

Honestly, I think there are better options out there, despite the temptation of his record in the 2nd tier and have a hunch that he, personally, may struggle to see quite the same success has he has done were he to take another job next season, my caveat being that I would be extremely surprised (though delighted for reasons other than Warnock), if Middlesbrough were relegated!

Archived