IGNORED

Pato

Smokey

4 hours ago, bris red said:

This Pato is nothing new, we have seen this throughout his career at City. Its his lack of consistency that lets him down IMO, he is far too flakey to rely on if we want to push for promotion next season. A massive shame as on his day he is one of the best in this division in that number 10 role.

Footballers are sensitive souls and if they don’t get on with a manager who would rather ship them of to Timbuktu than play them then you won’t see consistency 

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Was strange when LJ had him behind Palmer last season and brought in Palmer to be ahead of Szmodics.

So basically Palmer is worse than Paterson, but he's better than Szmodics. So let's send Paterson out on loan and not play the other 2 because they're not as good as the one we sent out on loan!

Makes no sense to me.

Sounds like LJ logic though

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Sounds like LJ logic though

Never really understood why we bought Szmodics to be honest. No doubt he will be out the door soon a lot like Engval. As for Adelukan then God only knows.

Think Pato has been decent since his return but last 2 games he’s actually been deeper and central, so less a 10 and more a playmaking midfielder. And how he has responded. More please.

Also read on another thread that He is rubbish defensively and can’t head the ball, which of course is what he’s there for....

4 hours ago, eardun said:

Spot on. Better chance of a player showing more consistency if he is played in his best position consistently. Pato needs to play centrally not on the wing. 

Plus, made to feel good and given confidence by the manager. I wonder how many of the other players feel that way.... now?.

I have no doubt whatsoever that LJ’s constant blaming the players for everything totally effected a lot of them, Holden probably knows how to treat people properly, that makes a massive difference. 

5 hours ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Its funny how opinions change. Last season LJ took pelters because he continued to play Pato now after 2 decent performances Pato is a world beater.

Tbh, his output notably improved in the 2nd half of the season/from Ipswich away.

Happy to look up the stats but goals and assists...were woeful until one of these points.

He's been impressive. Is worth also considering the opposition though.

An interesting way to develop this formation might be him in a 3 vs better sides- who drops out though? Smith, Paterson and another genuine CM.

Then two of Weimann-Wells-Diedhiou...maybe mix and match for opposition, form etc. Weimann-Wells today, goal/assist x 2...that could have real potential, moving forward?

Pato has definitely been below his best for a while. I think he was a bit of a victim of Josh’s emergence and was played out of position. Considering he was sent out on loan, and had to come back knowing he was not favoured by the head coach can’t have been easy. 50% of form is related to confidence so hopefully he has found that again and can get back to his best with city. 

On 11/07/2020 at 16:38, Ashtonboy said:

Anybody think the pretend phone call after the goal was "I'm available"?

No. Was something to do with Scott Murray leaving the squad's shinpads behind.

Archived