IGNORED

AW14 3 Assists

Slack Bladder

Johnsons sacking could be the start of Andi's revival in a new position. 

Just like Paterson though, he needs to be consistent. On their days, both players are excellent at this level. Both are far too inconsistent though. Up to now at least..  

Might just be me but found him a little frustrating in possession today.

I think the fact we created more free-flowing chances throughout the game got him into positions to set up our goals today. 

In most games this season he didn't even have the opportunity to get into good attacking positions with the ball as he would run into blind alleys out wide.

His press was fairly good and his final ball was spot on for those three goals but i felt he could have been even better. 

I always feel like he needs someone close to him within the first couple touches to lay it off just so he doesn't lose the ball which he often has done this season.

I'm not gunna go head over heels after this performance because i think a team with a much more competitive midfield like a Preston/Swansea might not give him the time or space to do what he did today.

Lets see him get those crucial touches and layoffs and make the difference against the teams around us.

When he makes instinctive passes they tend to come off. Give him too much time and the result's different. 

However, the guy must run on fumes sometimes 'cause he doesn't stop running. If he can improve his tackling and passing ability then AW is a shoe-in as a CM in our resurrected 3-5-2. I'm just not convinced, yet, that we can play him and Pato against the better teams. One may have to make way for a holding midfielder who can tackle.

Not a long term solution due his passing ability. 1st and 2nd were simple balls and wonder strikes but the 3rd was a poor pass the defender somehow decided to completely mess up.

On another day he gets 4 5 assists today and too many times his passing let's him down in good positions.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He was very good today. Hope he keeps to that kind of level.

I think for that formation to work we need very high work rate in midfield to support both defence and attack.

We gained a lot from Weimann's running today.

I often wondered why LJ teams could have such high work rate players doing all they can with their running, Weimann, O'Dowda etc. Yet we'd still get dominated and not create anything.

Was it that the pressing was not as a team? I always thought because of the 17/18 season LJ knew all about pressing triggers etc.

But maybe he just knew one kind of way out of all the variations in systems and patterns etc to get them pressing as a team well.

We didn’t drop our defensive line either meaning al, outfield players in touch with other.  Don’t know if you could hear but there were continuous shouts of “don’t drop, don’t drop”.  Not sure if that was sideline or on the pitch.  Anyone know?

Archived