IGNORED

Win the next two

ollywhyte

7 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

And we have a guaranteed chance of reaching the play-offs on the final day!

Bit of an incentive at least !

Still a long shot.  Cardiff have Derby H, Boro A and Hull H, to play.  They need 7 from 9 to guarantee finishing above us, but with their superior GD, probably 6 will do.  That’s always assuming we win our last three games and Swansea, Preston, Millwall and Derby all drop points. 

Just now, Malago said:

Still a long shot.  Cardiff have Derby H, Boro A and Hull H, to play.  They need 7 from 9 to guarantee finishing above us, but with their superior GD, probably 6 will do.  That’s always assuming we win our last three games and Swansea, Preston, Millwall and Derby all drop points. 

We don't need Derby to drop points necessarily (think they will looking at their games mind), just overtake them on GD. Don't need Preston to drop points for us either, just have to beat thrm ourselves!

Swansea will hopefully drop points v Leeds, and we also have to play them still.

Cardiff and Milwall are the toughies to catch imo.

37 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

Cant see Cardiff being caught as they've three winnable games unfortunately 

Yep......... just like home to Blackburn and away to Fulham?     6th place could go to one of 6 or so teams IMHO.

I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade here but let’s just imagine the suns all align, results go our way and we win all our remaining games to finish 6th.

Great but.....

we then have the small issue of playing the likes of Brentford, Leeds or West Brom over two legs!! ??

47 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

We don't need Derby to drop points necessarily (think they will looking at their games mind), just overtake them on GD. Don't need Preston to drop points for us either, just have to beat thrm ourselves!

Swansea will hopefully drop points v Leeds, and we also have to play them still.

Cardiff and Milwall are the toughies to catch imo.

?

We have to achieve at least a 3 goal swing over 3 games, so the probably of doing so whilst Derby win all 3 (otherwise they haven’t dropped any points) seems highly unlikely in the extreme.

All academic for me, cannot see us beating Swansea & Preston.

1 hour ago, DC10 said:

Great but.....

we then have the small issue of playing the likes of Brentford, Leeds or West Brom over two legs!!

I don't think we'll make it anyway, but if the above scenario did occur, nobody would be expecting us to win, which would be a good thing.
There'd be far more pressure on any of these three teams, given the excellent season they've had.

1 hour ago, DC10 said:

I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade here but let’s just imagine the suns all align, results go our way and we win all our remaining games to finish 6th.

Great but.....

we then have the small issue of playing the likes of Brentford, Leeds or West Brom over two legs!! ??

Not that do think we’ll finish 6th but I have a sneaky feeling whoever does will beat whoever finishes third as they’ll be deflated to have just missed out on auto 

Good as today was, let’s not get carried away. Against Hull, a bottom 3 team, we were good in parts, but they still managed to create a few good chances. Today, a great attacking performance but Middlesbrough, another relegation candidate team, created several very good chances. There were decisive points in each match when the luck was with us. I’m not complaining about 6 points but I am realistic 

Archived