IGNORED

Win the next two

ollywhyte

54 minutes ago, The Gambler said:

Play offs start here. Win or bust the next 3 games.

if we do win them all and we go into the play offs on a 5 game winning run then the team that finishes 3rd will not fanny facing us.

Are you going to be true to your name and put a bet on promotion for City? 

4 hours ago, DC10 said:

I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade here but let’s just imagine the suns all align, results go our way and we win all our remaining games to finish 6th.

Great but.....

we then have the small issue of playing the likes of Brentford, Leeds or West Brom over two legs!! ??

If that happens we will be on the back of a 5 game winning streak, if fancy our chances against anyone as confidence would be through the roof

9 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

If that happens we will be on the back of a 5 game winning streak, if fancy our chances against anyone as confidence would be through the roof

Was just thinking about this actually, say we win on Wednesday and we have our new manager lined up and ready to start, do we bring him in before the next game or delay it and let Holden continue due to the momentum he has built?

A change now may disrupt our pattern of play - tough one!

We may win the next 3 and still miss out most likely on goal difference, but as long as we keep winning and other results go in our favour the best bit is it may ruin the SAGS next few weeks. They hate it we let LJ go :laugh:

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

When were we third this season, and only 3 points off second....not at any point this season from looking?

Apologies Dave, we didn’t go third, but we we were a mere three points off of automatic on the 13th February, having all played 31 games.

9 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

See John Ward 1996/7 - who did we end up playing... Brentford ?

7 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The first leg was on a sunday, and i think we lost 2, 1.

We run 5 out of 6 i think in the run in, we played chesterfield in a night game, and it was a massive gate i recall.

We lost at wycombe on the last day of the season, i recall

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good memory Tom - was that the season  Carl Asaba score at AG and Griffin Pk and City lost both games 1-0? 

We had the last laugh though we bought Hutchins off them.

:yes:

12 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Robert Taylor got 1 at AG I think - a header?

One season blends into another for me Stevey. There are certain stand out memories over the years the Hartlepool game at AG and Lee Miller missing a tap in at the County ground...............:facepalm:

Wolves thrashing us 0-5 at AG and a Cardiff hammering 0-6 at AG with Chopra  doing much of the the damage.

The mascot punch up........:rofl2br:

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

One season blends into another for me Stevey. There are certain stand out memories over the years the Hartlepool game at AG and Lee Miller missing a tap in at the County ground...............:facepalm:

Wolves thrashing us 0-5 at AG and a Cardiff hammering 0-6 at AG with Chopra  doing much of the the damage.

Ah the memories,,,, bristol city havent given us a lot to look back on have they!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Good memory Tom - was that the season  Carl Asaba score at AG and Griffin Pk and City lost both games 1-0? 

Carl Asaba - There's a name I haven't thought a out for 20 years! He was unplayable that season but by all accounts went on to be a journey man.

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

Apologies Dave, we didn’t go third, but we we were a mere three points off of automatic on the 13th February, having all played 31 games.

No, my apologies, I didn’t recall after the Derby win we were so close.  Ta. ??

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

We had the last laugh though we bought Hutchins off them.

:yes:

We also stuffed them 4-1 at GP following season.  I recall Barnard got the goal in second leg defeat but not sure who scored the City goal in first leg 2-1 defeat 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Think your mind has deliberately forgotten Wolves’s 6th!

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The first leg was on a sunday, and i think we lost 2, 1.

We run 5 out of 6 i think in the run in, we played chesterfield in a night game, and it was a massive gate i recall.

We lost at wycombe on the last day of the season, i recall

Wasnt there like 25 mins injury time in the 1st half, because one of their players broke a leg or something..? 

Not that I think we`ll get 6th but stranger things have happened.

For instance there was a case at the bottom of league two a few years back where a club were all but safe from relegation (and had already celebrated staying up) but an extremely unlikely set of results saw them relegated out of the league on the last day despite them only having been in the bottom two for twenty minutes all season.

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No, my apologies, I didn’t recall after the Derby win we were so close.  Ta. ??

I know, you can skew it either way, I appreciate that. My wife at the weekend even said “so basically you just haven’t been good enough for 3 years” and she’s technically right.

However, I always felt that if the squad was good enough to deliver the results it did and get into the positions it did, then essentially all the components must have been there for the playoffs at the very least.

The fact we always slid away didn’t scream of a team continually making progress, more that something wasn’t being fixed.

History now. Hopefully we make better use of the opportunities in the future.

Archived