IGNORED

Famara

warbie_118

Said it on multiple threads. Covid/Post Covid a two year deal might be best all round. 

He gets stability in an uncertain world. We get the most improved player who is more mobile and fitter than he has ever been. Knows where the back of the net is, beast defending corners and set pieces. 

Pay him a big raise and we no longer need to try and replace him.... Which I think will be tough. 

That performance today shows that he can play In front of a pass and move midfield and be effective, and that we don’t (as we have on a number of occasions when not playing well) have to aim for him with a no hope long ball. Also interesting today that Wells said ‘in a strong possession based team strikers score goals’, or words to that effect. A slight barb at style / form Since he arrived...?

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fam and Wells were very good today. Such hard work they got through. 

If this is how we are looking to play going forward then we need to keep him.

This is where appointing a manager now would give us fans a better understanding of whether Fam should be in his plans or not.

We do have to generate £s from somewhere.

I think he can play a big part if used correctly next season.

He has his limitations but over a 46 game season will be very useful in a side that has promotion aspirations. Superb at defending corners as well.

He has taken some unfair criticism at times. Amazing to think he was jeered off earlier in the season by a fickle few. 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep true.

I just really like what I see of Holden. It's hard to want anything else after today! ?

I thought we were quite ordinary v Hull but got the win...although there were glimpses..  Today we looked like a proper team

17 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. I can't imagine a managed getting it more right than today so why not. Obviously I am waiting to be sure about Holden but I like what I see so far.

Fair enough mate.

It is great to be winning games again and I think we have all missed that feeling! I just personally think it’s too soon to judge. Even the most pessimistic of City fans can’t deny we are a very appealing prospect now. Regardless of how things look now or finish I think we need to be looking for more proven than Holden.

4 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Fair enough mate.

It is great to be winning games again and I think we have all missed that feeling! I just personally think it’s too soon to judge. Even the most pessimistic of City fans can’t deny we are a very appealing prospect now. Regardless of how things look now or finish I think we need to be looking for more proven than Holden.

Yep of course we do.  Knee jerk reaction to beating bottom sides ( accept only play what’s in front of you) but a few wins on the bounce gives everyone a lift.  A new man may want Fam or cash him in to fund other options. Who knows which way it will go.  Is it important new man gets butt in dugout To see for himself, or would you expect any new manager to know squad before arrival and already have that opinion. 

10 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Yep of course we do.  Knee jerk reaction to beating bottom sides ( accept only play what’s in front of you) but a few wins on the bounce gives everyone a lift.  A new man may want Fam or cash him in to fund other options. Who knows which way it will go.  Is it important new man gets butt in dugout To see for himself, or would you expect any new manager to know squad before arrival and already have that opinion. 

I imagine whoever takes charge will have done their research and everyone will be given chance to impress.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

This is where appointing a manager now would give us fans a better understanding of whether Fam should be in his plans or not.

We do have to generate £s from somewhere.

Eliasson probably.

I know you know this but I’m a big fan of Famara. I’d certainly look to keep him to partner Wells & spend any money generated by selling NE on strengthening the midfield.

If Fam does leave, with Benik not coming back we only have Wells left with Weimann realistically a squad player as a striker (& one who scores far fewer goals) & let’s not pretend that Semenyo is an option.

Makes no sense to me to shake it up completely again, unless of course the new head man doesn’t intend to use him.

Ignoring the views of the family normally sitting behind me in the Dolman (they really make my blood boil at times ? , it’s knock Fam continually apart from when he scores of course then I give them a smirky grin)........ keeping Fam is essential IMO.

Yes he has limitations but is improving, is a handful for any defender, puts in a shift, always smiling, clearly wants to be here and can be a class act.  Replacing Fam will not be easy or cheap and we’ll be gutted seeing him flourish somewhere.

Famara always bothered me because we always used him as a lone striker, his first touch is not the greatest which hindered him massively in that set up. Putting him in a front two, it's a game changer, that freedom allows him to play to his strengths and I have a feeling had LJ played a front two with him more often he'd have shone as one of the best talents in the Championship. I'll be gutted if we lose him this summer when we finally have the prefect compliment to him in Wells, the two of them together could really be deadly with the right creative types behind them

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Eliasson probably.

I know you know this but I’m a big fan of Famara. I’d certainly look to keep him to partner Wells & spend any money generated by selling NE on strengthening the midfield.

If Fam does leave, with Benik not coming back we only have Wells left with Weimann realistically a squad player as a striker (& one who scores far fewer goals) & let’s not pretend that Semenyo is an option.

Makes no sense to me to shake it up completely again, unless of course the new head man doesn’t intend to use him.

I’d love to see what a new manager could get out of Eliasson. He’s got to be one of our most gifted players and to let him go without ever seeing the best of him I think could be a massive mistake 

14 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Hope he stays, if he goes I wouldn’t be surprised to see a newly promoted prem team have a go at him.

Depending on how much they change in the summer, I could see Fam being absolutely fantastic in the Leeds side as they play now. 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Eliasson probably.

Yesterday’s Famara is one I’d want to keep.  Financially I reckon we could just about cope without having to sell anyone, but the new manager would need to trade for any new players he wanted to bring in.  As you say, Eliasson has value.  If we aren’t gonna play wingers then that would be more obvious.

45 minutes ago, Spike said:

Famara always bothered me because we always used him as a lone striker, his first touch is not the greatest which hindered him massively in that set up. Putting him in a front two, it's a game changer, that freedom allows him to play to his strengths and I have a feeling had LJ played a front two with him more often he'd have shone as one of the best talents in the Championship. I'll be gutted if we lose him this summer when we finally have the prefect compliment to him in Wells, the two of them together could really be deadly with the right creative types behind them

I’m not sure whether it’s playing one up top or two, more playing a system where people know their jobs and are cohesive in them.  The last two had a much bigger feeling that the players looked comfortable and unsurprisingly most played much better.

Archived